Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Just realized the past doesnt exist

• Thread starter Deleted member 20659
  • Start date
Deleted member 20659

Deleted member 20659

Banned
-
When thinking about time i would imagine a horizontal line with a point in it that represents the present and it keeps moving towards the right (future) linearly, leaving behind the past (in the left). But in concrete terms the only thing that exists is the present, which is really constant change. The only thing that seems to be concrete is the process of change itself and the substance that is changed. Not sure what to think tbh

When thinking about time i would imagine a horizontal line with a point in it that represents the present and it keeps moving towards the right (future) linearly, leaving behind the past (in the left). But in concrete terms the only thing that exists is the present, which is really constant change. The only thing that seems to be concrete is the process of change itself and the substance that is changed. Not sure what to think tbh

High iq cope

time doesn't exist

Whenever i think this deep my head feels heavy and dizzy for a couple of seconds

Im struggling with it. Is time the measure of change or that which allows change
The past, present and future is existing at the same time.
The topic is pretty fucked up and now I can't sleep, because I have to think about it... :feelsXmas:

Time is an illusion it only acts linear towards the future. That's why you can't scientifically "time travel" to the past.

Only that which is eternal is real because it is a permanent feature of reality. Other things are relative, they only exist in relation to a specific point in time - but there is no time, only the present. So they arent real, just illusons

Last edited:
people should just paste this in ban appeals when the mods ask about their posting history

I hate the fact that it isn't possible to turn back time

I think about the past all the time

a big circle
I always conceptualize eternal things by imagining first as a line, extending the thing indefinitely in time, and then it going full circle so that the past meets the present
Also do u believe in eternal return

I always conceptualize eternal things by imagining first as a line, extending the thing indefinitely in time, and then it going full circle so that the past meets the present
Also do u believe in eternal return
It is 100% real

Im starting to think time is embedded in the world. Each thing has its own time, that is, each type of thing changes at its own pace. Time is just an abstraction and it doesnt apply to everything. Some aspects of reality are unchaging, and time doesnt apply. Our consciousness itself, if it werent observing anything that is subject to time, would feel eternal
It is 100% real
I believe in it because it feels true but idk what argument i would use for it

Yeah, only the present moment really exists (to us, subjectively).
Granted, the past is gone, but JFL if you think that what has happened in the past has no effect on the present.

Normie copes like "the past is the past, it's time to move on" are laughable for people with trauma and stuff like that.
It's possible to change direction in the present though, but the past always has an effect on the present.

BTW I think philosophizing is a strong incel trait. People who have good lives don't have time for that shit.

what has happened in the past has effect on the present.
It only does because what happened in the past is stored in some ways in the substance of the present. Things that happened but leave no traces really cant be said to exist in any real sense

Chad didn't get laid in the past because it doesn't exist.

:lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

philosophizing is a strong incel trait
Thinking is violent tbh. It requires a questioning of existence that can be dangerous, can cause confusion, sorrow even madness etc. It is really a struggle against being, and only people that feel something is wrong would ever be compelled to engage in this
Chad didn't get laid in the past
Sex isnt even real

It only does because what happened in the past is stored in some ways in the substance of the present. Things that happened but leave no traces really cant be said to exist in any real sense
Yeah I know. There is the boltzmann brain theory that says that you cannot distinguish a brain that existed in the past and thus stored memory,
and a brain that instant came into being with the neuronal connections present to simulate the illusion of a past.

I'm too low iq to understand

Not sure if its low iq or high iq tbh

Past does exist. Just because you walk forward and don't return to a place where you once were, doesn't mean the place disappeared
full

If this is true, where is the past stored? If there is a God, maybe in his memory? Interesting to think about that tbh :feelzez:
Why does it have to be stored?
If two statements can't be simultaneously true (like I have long hair and I am bald), then those events are divided by time

Why does it have to be stored?
It must be in somewhere in order to exist, otherwise its simply a virtuality, an abstraction, something unreal
If two statements can't be simultaneously true (like I have long hair and I am bald), then those events are divided by time
They both were simultaneously true, at the present moment (its impossible to say something in the past or the future. Just try it)

They both were simultaneously true, at the present moment (its impossible to say something in the past or the future. Just try it)
Contradictions are evidence of non-existence. Like there are no married bachelors.
Same goes here, it's contradictory to have long and short hair and therefore your theory is incorrect
full

life fuel for degenerate roasties

We don’t know everything about time, like gravity, but it definitely exists. For changes to take place, like an object moving 80 kilometers per second , there must be a change in time.

We can then say, relative to x change, we are past that change.

it's contradictory to have long and short hair
Both are true at the same time but they are references to two different configurations of matter. I now understand this
The past, present and future is existing at the same time
After all youre refferring to the same reality in both statements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
For changes to take place
relative to x change, we are past that change
So time dictates change or change dictates time?

Last edited:
Contradictions are evidence of non-existence. Like there are no married bachelors.
Same goes here, it's contradictory to have long and short hair and therefore your theory is incorrect
full
You must have never studied quantum mechanics, contradictory opposite states are capable of occurring simultaneously. Look up the electron double slit experiment, electrons behave simultaneously as a particle and as a wave.

If you want any more proof that something can exist in a state of self-contradiction, look at IT members, they are literally a powderkeg of cognitive dissonance from all the self-contradicting beliefs they are simultaneously holding, if they were to suddenly develop an IQ over 70, they would go insane from all of the built up logical fallacies overloading their soy filled brain.

Last edited:
Both are true at the same time but they are references to two different configurations of matter. I now understand this
I think our definition of time is not the same.