Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Making kimchi; is 3% salt to much? Also Air

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
Gonna lure some noodlewhore. :bigbrain: JK. Most seem to use between 1,5 and 2%. Uh oh also just saw there are two pea sized air bubbles in the bottom. Will it be ok?

Anyone with experience?

Attachments

• 16568749262401702987654.jpg
    16568749262401702987654.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
REEEEEEEEE

my dudes

@ricecel4life @Saint Cho @proudweeb @fast_curry

Looks disgusting subhuman food

One teaspoon salt per pint/16oz/500ml.

Fully cover with water and weight it all down...

Cover with a lid that allows pressure out but no air in. Like a mason ("canning ") jar with a <8oz weight on it. To relieve the co2 pressure. Or use a fancy fermentation lid.

Last edited:
ive seen more appetizing food in my garbage can

All this fucking deathnics food is REPULSIVE say whatever you fucking want about burgerland/the west and everything but it’s really top tier food, hamburgers pizza donuts you name it and the snacks ohhhhhhhhh the snacks:feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh::feelsohh:

Fuck these vegetables nigga this shit doesn’t look nearly as comfy as my snacks :feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy::feelscomfy:
cope it actually tastws better than some burgers imo. you need try it

5357344585451421346 121

The pugnant smell and bubbling whrn opening were really concerning. But no mold. Seems like the two smaller caps I used to weight the stuff down and the semi closingtechnique (I saw elsewhere to close it in a way, that you are still able to barely open it with two fingers and place it on some plate to catch the liquid from the bubbling) were sufficient. Tastes pretty much just like british/greek pickle. I didn't use nappa cabbage and only half the seasoning though. It's neither to salty nor to sour. I let it ferment exactly one week.

The ginger slices taste best. Really refreshing.

Oy thing is, that I expected clouding tbh. Any idea @Emba why there was none?

I actually have no clue what to eat with pickles tbh. :feelshaha:

@Emba

Jfl at all the "white" people and their amerimutt food.

Last edited:
View attachment 638077
The pugnant smell and bubbling whrn opening were really concerning. But no mold. Seems like the two smaller caps I used to weight the stuff down and the semi closingtechnique (I saw elsewhere to close it in a way, that you are still able to barely open it with two fingers and place it on some plate to catch the liquid from the bubbling) were sufficient. Tastes pretty much just like british/greek pickle. I didn't use nappa cabbage and only half the seasoning though. It's neither to salty nor to sour. I let it ferment exactly one week.

The ginger slices taste best. Really refreshing.

Oy thing is, that I expected clouding tbh. Any idea @Emba why there was none?

I actually have no clue what to eat with pickles tbh. :feelshaha:

@Emba

Jfl at all the "white" people and their amerimutt food.
Massive Clouding is a bad sign anyway... But the proper amount of salt is important! Otherwise botulism!

I screwed up my last batch using old frozen coleslaw mix that wasn't aired out long enough to capture the good bugs. Plus I should have compressed it more and weighed it down....

I'm glad you're try was successful! I feel better after a meal of it.

Those vinigger pickles are shit compared to properly fermented ones... They are burpless!