Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Money can't buy happiness

P

Potbellypos

Officer
★★
I do the exact same things in my free time that I did when I was NEET, which is play video games and browse the internet. Except now I have to wageslave 8 hours a day and then come home so exhausted that I can barely enjoy doing anything else. I have $10,000 in savings and nothing to spend it on(although I owe $12,000 on my auto loan so I'm actually in debt). I have a $2K PC, $2K worth of VR equipment, $700 sex doll, and I can't think of anything else that I want. I'm too autistic to enjoy anything like "traveling" or anything that involves going outside really. The only thing I really enjoy buying is pizza and vodka. I drink until I pass out most nights because I hate being awake.

invest it and retire

thats my plan

invest it and retire

thats my plan

Our payroll service has a retirement calculator and it says if I contribute 3% to my 401K for the next 30 years I'll run out of retirement savings like 2 years after I retire.

You’re fucked at this point tbh. Also depends on how old you are. So how old are you?

Money can bi things that will give you creature comfort and other things that will make you happy tho.

Money won't make you happy forever, but it can sure buy you happiness in the moment. That being said, saving for old age, if you plan to reach it, should always be an option.

Money can buy plastic surgery and make ascension (happiness) possible

Perhaps, but let me tell you i sure would be alot more happier with a few million euros in my pocket.
(Might be a good idea to get that loan paid btw)

Why did you take a loan to buy a car ? You have enough money to buy one.

Our payroll service has a retirement calculator and it says if I contribute 3% to my 401K for the next 30 years I'll run out of retirement savings like 2 years after I retire.

3% isn't enough. I maxed out my IRA and 401-K contributions at 10% to 20% (depending on IRS rules), plus there were other savings/investments.

3% isn't enough. I maxed out my IRA and 401-K contributions at 10% to 20% (depending on IRS rules), plus there were other savings/investments.
3% is all my company matches. Is it better to sink more of my own money into it or invest in other ways?

3% is all my company matches. Is it better to sink more of my own money into it or invest in other ways?

These are a lot of factors to consider: regular (tax deferred) 401-K or IRA, Roth IRA (Pre-paid tax), ordinary brokerage account, physical gold/silver, house/2nd home, etc. Maybe it's better to spread things around. The key is to save a lot more than 3% for retirement. In my company, the fees for the 401-K are outstandingly low (it's a huge multi-billion dollar fund), and the 401-K match is good.