Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Normies are getting weird Pt. 1 - having children.

Sergeant Kelly

Sergeant Kelly

"Took your sweet time, Marine?"
Recently while lurking some eastern-european (slav) news forum I saw article about dropping birthrates. What got my attention was one highly up-voted comment – someone was bragging how he will be able to get second child and it will be fully financed from taxpayers money in a way as smug and derogatory (towards childless people) as possible. The way that comment was structured and the words that person used heavily reminded of how people sometimes brag under news articles how they did x and y and got nice cushy jobs thanks to it while “morons” have to work minimum wage, it’s not meant to make any observation, it’s just a way to stroke ones ego publicly.

I could somewhat understand if this was politically motivated, righ-wingers sometimes pull the “I have children and you don’t” card when arguing about societal issues but that wasn’t the case – I checked this persons profile, they have leftist beliefs. This was just asshole brag.

I like to think that I’m desensitized to normies bullshit but this has taken me aback, I was always taught to think of parenthood as something sacred, a form of duty. It’s current year + 8 and people are using having children as a form of tateism bugatti :dafuckfeels:

I can’t think of a single culture where people would do that. This is completely modern thing, only possible thanks to modern comforts, nowhere in history would people use their children as status symbols to be rubbed into others faces because then other people in community would not only cease to help them but maybe even put their children in harms way out of spite (imagine acting like that person towards other peasants in medieval village:feelskek:).

I can’t think of a single example of any social animals acting this way. I can hardly even think of any dystopian fiction where “child as materialistic high-school-tier status symbol a’la car” would be a motif. Only thing that comes close to it in my mind is tidbit of 40k lore, there is a fictional place there called “commorragh” which is meant to be utter shithole of backstabbing and villainy, aliens that inhabit it treat having a child as status symbol because it means that you had resources to spare. I hate doing “x is just like fiction :soy:” thing but that is how perplexed I am, this is completely alien behavior to me.

Anyway, post any examples of emergent normie behavior that you find completely alien/bizarre.

I've noticed the same, this has been a trend since 2020/2021 where now you're cool if you have a child and start a family. I've been on relationship and all kinds of forums for the last 10 years and I can assure you this shit is new. Nobody cared about having kids cause it's a meme anyway. For all men and even women in the 18-35 age bracket it was all about having lots of sex/relationships.

What's hilarious is that when these normies actually get a kid they'll have to raise his autistic ass for the rest of their lives and probably have to send him to the frontline. If it's a girl that she'll sell her poop online or something, whatever foids do nowadays... Imagine how it'll look in say 20 years.

It's natural to want to have offspring but bringing someone to this shitty world in 2024 is selfish, retarded and shows 0 planning is involved. The perfect storm.

I was always taught to think of parenthood as something sacred, a form of duty.
Well, maybe that was the case in the past but not anymore. We live in the times when there is only one thing what matters - individual self-interest. Other "mediaval" ideas like responsibility, duty, honor, good cause etc doesn't matter at all.

You know, I used to laught from people saying that we are living in the End Times, but now after what I see around me I don't find this idea stupid anymore

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—
5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires,
7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.

~ 2 Timothy 3;1-7

Using children as a status symbol is stupid. Any normoid beta-buxxer can have kids.

What's ironic is the amount of conservatives that push and say "get married young have lots of kids!" While the people saying that are in their 30's and 40's and only have 1-2 kids.

People will just congratulate you in the long run, but if a foid has baby fever you're gonna be the favourite person for them to see in their free time.