Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion on loneliness & close friends

B

bbwqs_v

Recruit
★★★★★
it just occurred to me that i never really had a single close friend my whole life, someone who i could rely on, to share problems with, to talk about anything with. i’ve just gone through all these years alone, by myself. all the friends i’ve ever made or had in highschool were just superficial, nothing but acquaintances or friendships of utility.

after being socially isolated for almost 2 years now, i lie in bed, imagining what it must be like to have someone to experience life together with. i’ve become acclimatised to being alone so much so that i’m now only realising the extent to which i’m lacking companionship, but i guess it’s the new norm since gen z is the loneliest generation.

i’ve concluded a long time ago that close relationships brought lots of meaning to an individual’s life, but i feel like i’ve been behaviourally reinforced to prefer loneliness. 99% of my past social experiences have not been fruitful, and being alone is so much more preferable.

does it bother you that you don’t have someone to experience life together with as you age?

Yes. Everyday. Been isolated since i left school in 2013.

Depending heavily on others emotionally is not good imo.

I just create an cult where only incels can join.

Having a friend is always better

Brutal relatability. :fuk::smonk: