Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Prozac/SSRI/Anti-Depressants - anyone else prescribed these meds?

Dry Spell

Dry Spell

Officer
★★
Got prescribed Prozac today. The funny part is I went to the psych for something completely unrelated and walked out of there with a Prozac prescription. 
Psychiatry/psychology is a joke.

Obviously skeptical it will do anything beneficial for my mental state.

I am on ssri for ages

nobody forces you to take them, your choice

Is this being prescribed for a moderate to severe depression? Or some other diagnosis (OCD? Panic disorder?)

It causes sexual dysfunction in >70% of men &, as a result, reportedly shows some effectiveness in numbing sexual preoccupation when it's used for that indication (off-label).

Take it and report back in a few months... will test my hypothesis (albeit N=1 lol) on where the mental anguish of inceldom utimately comes from that I posted about in https://incels.is/Thread-RageFuel-Masturbating-Sex-and-Testosterone-production-its-fucking-over

subsaharan said:
it wasn't tho. Probably qualify as volcel these days (dry for awhile, too ugly to get desired mates but I'm too high status -- by profession -- to fuck everything walking)

I stand by my points on desire and suffering. Ultimately more of an Eastern/Buddhist philosophy, but I think most of incel anguish stems from having a healthy T. That is to say, healthy T --> strong libido --> high desire and NEED for sexual validation --> sexual frustration.

The high T & libido is what makes it hard to ignore the biological imperative to procreate.

I experience this as well, it's an agonizing DISTRACTION thinking about sex and women all of the fucking time. Obsessing with envy on those who are able to more easily fuck the women you find desirable.

Since I recognize it as an unhealthy, completely counterproductive obsession, I've flirted with the idea of seeking out fluoxetine (antidepressant with sex-suppressing side fx) and/or GnRH agonists (anti-hormone/chemical castration) for no other reason than to vaporize my libido.. in hopes it will turn me into a Newton lol

subsaharan said:
Is this being prescribed for a moderate to severe depression? Or some other diagnosis (OCD? Panic disorder?)
It causes sexual dysfunction in >70% of men &, as a result, reportedly shows some effectiveness in numbing sexual preoccupation when it's used for that indication (off-label).
Take it and report back in a few months... will test my hypothesis (albeit N=1 lol) on where the mental anguish of inceldom utimately comes from that I posted about in https://incels.is/Thread-RageFuel-Masturbating-Sex-and-Testosterone-production-its-fucking-over
subsaharan said:
it wasn't tho. Probably qualify as volcel these days (dry for awhile, too ugly to get desired mates but I'm too high status -- by profession -- to fuck everything walking)
I stand by my points on desire and suffering. Ultimately more of an Eastern/Buddhist philosophy, but I think most of incel anguish stems from having a healthy T. That is to say, healthy T --> strong libido --> high desire and NEED for sexual validation --> sexual frustration.
The high T & libido is what makes it hard to ignore the biological imperative to procreate.
I experience this as well, it's an agonizing DISTRACTION thinking about sex and women all of the fucking time. Obsessing with envy on those who are able to more easily fuck the women you find desirable.
Since I recognize it as an unhealthy, completely counterproductive obsession, I've flirted with the idea of seeking out fluoxetine (antidepressant with sex-suppressing side fx) and/or GnRH agonists (anti-hormone/chemical castration) for no other reason than to vaporize my libido.. in hopes it will turn me into a Newton lol

>numbs sexual preoccupation

Alright time to google where to get this shit

subsaharan said:

see mods ?

a fellow incel, who doesn't know shit about medicine, is asking for medical advice here

now I want to actually help him truly but I cannot, for I have now to start a silly internet battle with the user I quoted, who speaks of "sexual dysfunction" without even knowing what it is and most importantly speaks about a specific drug without even knowing what it is

ah, and do not forget he is actually talking about clinical depression here ( very good context to talk about "sexual dysfunction" )

yeah let's believe the psychiatrists give drugs like candy, seems legit

Sertraline - Good goyim drug that's supposed to make you a mindless wageslave. Didn't work for me!

whogivesafucc said:
>numbs sexual preoccupation

Alright time to google where to get this shit

from incel to incel: please don't, go to a medic

Grotesque said:
Sertraline - Good goyim drug that's supposed to make you a mindless wageslave. Didn't work for me!

took it for 5 years, worked for me but then it stopped ,tragically...

nausea said:
I am on ssri for ages
nobody forces you to take them, your choice

Not entirely true. I know people that were forced to take them because they were institutionalized because they said the wrong thing to a medical staff (that they were considering harming themselves, even though self-harm is very different than being a suicide risk. )
subsaharan said:
subsaharan said:

I was prescribed it for Panic/Anxiety attacks.

Also testosterone has neurological effects, usually beneficial, so screwing with your hormones is never wise.
nausea said:
subsaharan said:
see mods ?
a fellow incel, who doesn't know shit about medicine, is asking for medical advice here
now I want to actually help him truly but I cannot, for I have now to start a silly internet battle with the user I quoted, who speaks of "sexual dysfunction" without even knowing what it is and most importantly speaks about a specific drug without even knowing what it is
ah, and do not forget he is actually talking about clinical depression here ( very good context to talk about "sexual dysfunction" )

I agree wholeheartedly that we need to be careful when discussing medical issues on this board.

That being said, I still want to hear people's n=1 experiences, positive or otherwise.

You said you've been on SSRI for ages? So I'm assuming you believe they're working for you? What benefit do you notice? Any side-effects and how severe? Do you think you could maintain a normal mental state without SSRIs?

nausea said:

Obviously not every psychiatrist abuses the prescription pad, but my appointment was maybe 10 minutes in total and I walked out of there with a prescription I did not want. I think that's indicative of many psychiatrists, unfortunately. To be fair, they did also book me for additional appointments for talk-therapy, but they insisted I take the medication BEFORE those appointments.

In either case, I felt that my prescription was written hastily and I don't believe I exhibit any symptoms of depression.

nausea said:
now I want to actually help him truly but I cannot, for I have now to start a silly internet battle with the user I quoted, who speaks of "sexual dysfunction" without even knowing what it is and most importantly speaks about a specific drug without even knowing what it is

?

While psychiatry isn't my specialty, I am a medical doctor. 

Below are my sources for my statements.

Article: https://www.mdedge.com/jfponline/article/78568/mens-health/how-do-antidepressants-affect-sexual-function
Relevant table:
t3QVFV2.png

Source data reported in that table from a meta-analysis from your Italian colleagues at University of Bologna (not a pun) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19440080 (Serretti et al 2009)

Note in the Table above, fluoxetine (PROZAC) is associated with a "treatment-emergent sexual dysfunction" (SD) in 70.6% of 1,718 patients on the drug, with an odds ratio of 15.59 over the placebo (total N & exact OR reported in original article by Serretti). The definition of SD generally encompasses problems with desire, arousal and orgasm -- but you can read Serretti's full text yourself to see the exact breakdown of the variables.

My statements cautiously generalizing this fluoxetine data to possibly helping with "sexual preoccupation" comes from https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esuom46/chapter/Key-points-from-the-evidence :

[font=Lato,]Summary[/font]

[font=Lato,]No randomised controlled trials (RCTs) which evaluate the use of fluoxetine in the treatment of hypersexuality were found, nor any studies that compared fluoxetine with any of the hormonal treatments licensed to treat hypersexuality. Limited evidence from 3 small, short‑term observational studies suggests that fluoxetine may improve some measurements of hypersexuality and sexual preoccupation in men who have either been convicted of a sexual offence or who have a paraphilia or a non-paraphilic sexual addiction. However, these studies had a number of limitations which make it difficult to draw conclusions on the use of fluoxetine for this indication.[/font]

What exactly is your point of contention?

I'm on anxiety meds. All it does is put my brain into low function mode.

Kointo said:
I'm on anxiety meds. All it does is put my brain into low function mode.

Which ones? Do you have anxiety/panic attacks or generalized anxiety?

Dry Spell said:
Which ones? Do you have anxiety/panic attacks or generalized anxiety?

Generalized anxiety. I've never had a panic attack. I take Sertraline.

Dry Spell said:
Not entirely true. I know people that were forced to take them because they were institutionalized because they said the wrong thing to a medical staff (that they were considering harming themselves, even though self-harm is very different than being a suicide risk.

so let's see here

I am trying to help you

I am also trying to avoid a silly internet battle

and you start your reply with "not entirely true" aka silly internet battle

hmmm

not to mention the true fact that I didn't talk about nobody else than you here, why do you bring "your friend" now? internet battle?

it's sad also, for the rest of your post is interesting ...

can you please go to the thread that is currently discussing the fate of this board, let the mods know your opinion

I am sure you know what I am talking about if you care about this forum

that's the most important thing atm, thx

Kointo said:
Generalized anxiety. I've never had a panic attack. I take Sertraline.

I'm also pretty sure I have generalized anxiety. Never had a panic attack, either. How does Sertraline help you and have you tried anything different? If I can't get pussy, I at least don't want to suffer from anxiety any longer.

subsaharan said:
?

While psychiatry isn't my specialty, I am a medical doctor. 

Below are my sources for my statements.

Article: https://www.mdedge.com/jfponline/article/78568/mens-health/how-do-antidepressants-affect-sexual-function
Relevant table:
t3QVFV2.png

Source data reported in that table from a meta-analysis from your Italian colleagues at University of Bologna (not a pun) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19440080 (Serretti et al 2009)

Note in the Table above, fluoxetine (PROZAC) is associated with a "treatment-emergent sexual dysfunction" (SD) in 70.6% of 1,718 patients on the drug, with an odds ratio of 15.59 over the placebo (total N & exact OR reported in original article by Serretti). The definition of SD generally encompasses problems with desire, arousal and orgasm -- but you can read Serretti's full text yourself to see the exact breakdown of the variables.

My statements cautiously generalizing this fluoxetine data to possibly helping with "sexual preoccupation" comes from https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esuom46/chapter/Key-points-from-the-evidence :

What exactly is your point of contention?

hi man !

can I add you to my buddy list?

please go to the thread I mentioned, it's the most important thing atm for this board, let the mods aware of your opinion on the subject

believe me it's to be priorytized now above all, for it regards inceldom, thx

@blickpall I tag you just to be sure you are aware of this thread

QuantumDummy said:
I'm also pretty sure I have generalized anxiety. Never had a panic attack, either. How does Sertraline help you and have you tried anything different? If I can't get pussy, I at least don't want to suffer from anxiety any longer.

I suppose it must because I rarely worry about anything unless I'm about to speak in front of people. Taking Sertraline feels as if my brain is being put into low power mode. It also makes me not worry about things I should worry about which causes me to procrastinate.

Grotesque said:

TBH I'd go back on it if I wasn't schizo. It made me NT and manic af. Holy fuck I used to be a hyper, low inhib nutball on that stuff. Now everyone is taking it so I'd probably fit in more, but I took it too far by threatening to kill people as a joke, shoplifting on impulse, driving 100 mph, fighting police, breaking out of detox facility, snorting meth and shooting pool late at night... I was also taking Zyprexa which probably added to the low inhib of that.

I made a decision 10 years ago to quit all and it was very hard. I have now chosen a life of high inhib and always being depressed so I can stay out of prison and the psych wards, but it's not certain how long this will last. If I could just smoke weed and live in my own place in a sunny climate with a physical labor job to release my incel/schizo rage, I'd be fine. I sort of had that for a while and blew it. 

Man, I'm just a crazy fuck and was never designed for this world. I might actually go back on 25mg of this to see what happens because I'm older now. My sensitivity to drugs is off the charts. Right now I'm 40 days weed free and really losing it, but sort of more focused. 

SSRI's are wonder drugs if you can just get the dosages correct (low) and realize your dick will be less functional while your mental sexuality actually increases. It did for me, and that's a frustrating feeling. The one GF I ever had was ugly and I couldn't have gotten hard with a hot GF.

I took several SSRIs and other medications intermittently from age 12-17. It's all a scam, and those drugs will completely wreck your hormones.

i_a_m_i said:
I took several SSRIs and other medications intermittently from age 12-17. It's all a scam, and those drugs will completely wreck your hormones.
V E G A N I S M.

idkwattodowithlife said:
i_a_m_i said:
I took several SSRIs and other medications intermittently from age 12-17. It's all a scam, and those drugs will completely wreck your hormones.
V E G A N I S M.

Veganism will also wreck your hormones.

There is no vegan primitive society in the world.