Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Question for Linuxcels.

A

Anonymous

GOD WILLS IT
★★★★★
Your thoughts on Elementary OS?

Anonymous said:
Your thoughts on Elementary OS?

What's the point of Linux? I rarely hear anything about it anymore

What is that? I use Mac because I'm a hipster faggot.

blackpill_incel said:

Stable AF, fast as fuck, and works better with hardware. Only if it's supported, of course, monkey rigging random drivers usually doesn't allow for full functionality.

blackpill_incel said:

I made the switch because of privacy concerns and for it not being annoying as fuck like windows was with all the updates.

Kointo said:

Same but with a Sony Laptop from Win8.2 to Arch.

Kointo said:

windows = virgin
mac = normie
linux = hipster

LeagueEuW said:
windows = virgin
mac = normie
linux = hipster

windows = normie
mac = faggot
linux = virgin

LeagueEuW said:
windows = virgin
mac = normie
linux = hipster

I'm no normie though.

Elementary OS is overall a stable distro, but on my personal laptop, Linux Arch, Mint, and Ubuntu seemed to work and function better.

Computers should be a means to an end, not an end in of themselves. I say this as a computer engineer and a programmer.

gstvtrp said:
Computers should be a means to an end, not an end in of themselves. I say this as a computer engineer and a programmer.

Do you not personalize your tools? It's fun doing so, maybe I'm just too autistic.

Anonymous said:
Do you not personalize your tools? It's fun doing so, maybe I'm just too autistic.

Yeah I used to do shit like that thinking I was cool but then I realized I'm a fucking incel and that it's pointless. It's not helping my goal of getting out of inceldom.

I've only ever installed Linux for someone else, it was Ubuntu and it's running fine for them like three years later.

also

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

A Good Friend said:
I've only ever installed Linux for someone else, it was Ubuntu and it's running fine for them like three years later.

also

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

;)

I'm a Windows programmer.
I've dabbled a bit in Linux kernel source code too for educational purposes.