Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Question for WoWcels: What makes World of Warcraft so addicting?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Tbh I've watched videos and even tried playing the game long ago (around 2011 when I was a kid) but found it very boring, grindy and tedious. The gameplay isn't fun like other RPG games, you have to devote too many hours to have a good character unless you pay and even the graphics looked outdated when I played. I dunno if it's very interesting lore-wise but I watched the Warcraft movie and it was just an average fantasy film. Why is the game so addicting then? Ricecels have died from playing too much WoW and stopping sleeping and Elliot Rodger himself had a WoW addiction until the game became normified in early 2010s, according to him. Hell even my cousin bragged about staying awake 48 hours playing WoW non-stop when he was in middle school.

The smooth graphics is a big part of it for me. Also its more or less semi-afk and you can listen to music, podcasts or browse the ned while playing. Also nostalgia

The smooth graphics is a big part of it for me. Also its more or less semi-afk and you can listen to music, podcasts or browse the ned while playing. Also nostalgia