Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Russian Kitchen: the world of potatoes

Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

Mythic

Russia is the world’s second largest consumer of potato after China. In 2005, we consumed 19 million tonnes of potato, followed by India with its consumption of 17 million tonnes. Each Russian ate about 131 kgs of potatoes in one year but given the larger population and rice-eating tradition, Indians consume only 14 kgs per person. (Source: FAOSTAT)

My husband jokingly calls me "potato queen". This is somewhere true. I can eat potatoes every day. I can eat boiled potato with butter or curd, I can eat fried potatoes with mushrooms and onion, and I can eat mashed potatoes every day and never get bored of it.

I think Slavs seriously eat too much potatoes. We hardly ever eat rice. Only potatoes, potatoes, potates all the time.

It's no wonder we have bloated potato faces and it's hard to get lean.

Potatoes are good!
My favorite dish is fried potato with mushroom: it is simple, tasty and loved by adults and kids. Another dish which is loved in India, is mashed potato which is extremely easy and fast to make and can be a great side dish to any gravy of your choice.

Fried Potato with mushrooms

Serves: 4-5

Ingredients:

Potatoes 1 kg

Mushrooms 400 g

Onion 2 pieces

Fresh Dill

Fresh spring onion

Vegetable oil

Salt and black pepper

IMG_2880.jpg

Source: Divya Shirodkar

1. Chop the onion and fry to golden brown, add sliced mushrooms and continue frying until ready. Set it aside.

2. Slice potatoes like French fries or into thing circles if the size is small. Add more oil into frying pan where you cooked onion and mushrooms. Heat the oil until smoking hot and add potatoes.

3. Fry them on high flame stirring only when potatoes get brown and crispy. When you stir, try not to break the pieces.

4. When potato is almost cooked add onion, mushrooms, chopped dill and spring onion.

5. Season it to taste with salt, black pepper or chilli powder if you desire.

6. Mix potatoes and fry another 5 minutes.
I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks :feelsautistic:

Potatoes are great. Because it’s used to make French fries

idk how I feel about potatoes tbh. they only taste good when fried lel

russian kitchen = vodka