Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Saw the documentary "Behind the Curve" on Netflix about flat earthers, and some thoughts/comments

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
First, I don't buy that the earth is flat. However, i thought the documentary was going to have physicists show proof that the Earth is round, but it was mostly mocking flat-earthers and discussing their psychological issues.

A lot of the scientists were beta soy types, one tyrone, and a girl with pink hair and piercings --- Hannah Gerling Dunsmore if you guys are curious; she doesn't seem like your typical physicist, is quite young compared to the male scientists, and looks more like a barista from San Francisco than an astrophysicist. There is some truth to that stereotype --- physics majors tend to be predominantly male, awkward, and overwhelmingly Indian or East Asian; the few females in physics tend to look very plain and frumpy, but they went with the coolest looking people they can find (soy white dudes, a token Tyrone, and a rebellious-looking millenial chick)
I was curious about the girl in the documentary --- a simple white pages search followed by a FB and Linkedin search, and it wasn't hard to find her family background : daughter of a doctor, and family either breeds or trains horses, sign of wealth. So, connections much?

This is why I put it under 'Venting', there's really no point, but if you guys have seen it, or are curious, let me know your thoughts

> netflix
you knew what you were getting into tbh