Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Shanghai man uses AI technology to ‘resurrect’ late grandmother.

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★

Damn, this shit is moving faster and coming closer than anyone has really predicted lmao:worryfeels: :feelsahh: .

Wu had been close to his grandmother and was bereft after she died. So he decided to upload several photos of her to AI image generator Midjourney and used recordings of her voice to synthesize a wider vocabulary. He then used ChatGPT and trained it to behave like his grandmother. He uploaded all of the material to the website D-ID which enables users to create an immersive and human-like conversational AI experience. “I shared many details of my grandma’s life to ChatGPT, hoping it could understand my grandma’s family background and speech so it could communicate with me in my grandma’s tone.”
“At present, ‘grandma’ can only have simple conversations. When my speech gets more complicated, the AI cannot understand.”

In a clip shared on the video-sharing website Billibilli, Wu demonstrates a conversation with his AI grandmother.

And the thing is, this guy isn't the first one to have come up with this, there's already companies filling up this niche:dafuckfeels:.

There are increasingly more companies offering this type of service. Earlier this year, PetaPixel reported on a Korean company offering a service that lets people talk to their dead loved ones after collecting photos and video footage of them.
Tfw, looking at this, you realize that it's pretty much certain that, as long as there's any record of your face or voice anywhere in the world left, it can be used in various ads, videos, virtual worlds and anything else for as long as this technology will exist:dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels:.

Tfw you realize that there's a pretty good chance that, some 5,000 or so years in the future, some hyperintelligent AI CEO Mind will recreate all of us on this forum and have us sell, "pure, traditional blackpills from OG incels of Earth," to their (literal) drone workers, while another AI makes all of us the cannon fodder NPCs in some FPS game:feelsUnreal::feelshaha::feelsPop::society:.

kronk-oh-yeah-its-all-coming-together.gif

I don't know if I want a computer version of myself after I'm dead.

this shit is getting weirder every day, even tho that he will never really experience the love that he had from his grandma he will still be able to talk to someone who have the same voice and even delute himself into thinking that she's literally talking with him
hope they manage to do something like this in the futur and make robot waifus with strong AI like that

Damn, this shit is moving faster and coming closer than anyone has really predicted lmao:worryfeels: :feelsahh: .

And the thing is, this guy isn't the first one to have come up with this, there's already companies filling up this niche:dafuckfeels:.

Tfw, looking at this, you realize that it's pretty much certain that, as long as there's any record of your face or voice anywhere in the world left, it can be used in various ads, videos, virtual worlds and anything else for as long as this technology will exist:dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels:.

Tfw you realize that there's a pretty good chance that, some 5,000 or so years in the future, some hyperintelligent AI CEO Mind will recreate all of us on this forum and have us sell, "pure, traditional blackpills from OG incels of Earth," to their (literal) drone workers, while another AI makes all of us the cannon fodder NPCs in some FPS game:feelsUnreal::feelshaha::feelsPop::society:.
they will not be us, they will be copies that will not be sentient, even if they found a way to make machines sentient it would only be a copy and not us, it's like having a twin, you don't share your consciousness with your twin

they will not be us, they will be copies that will not be sentient, even if they found a way to make machines sentient it would only be a copy and not us, it's like having a twin, you don't share your consciousness with your twin
The debates on this topic in the transhumanist spaces are always quite interesting. In this case, and other theoretical, if more advanced, cases like this, it is quite obvious. There's no continuity of existence, nor is that evocation running on anything even approaching human brain, being just a chatbot trained to choose specific sentences/words and to speak in a specific voice.

However, in the next decades, I can definitely see this subject getting quite murky, especially when neural implants and other such tech enter the field and there will be a case to be made as to the continuity of consciousness there:worryfeels::worryfeels::feelswhere:.

Well it must be easy because all chinks look the same

One day there will be an AI resurrect of Hitler to eliminate the jew nigger issue. :feelsdevil:

this shit is getting weirder every day, even tho that he will never really experience the love that he had from his grandma he will still be able to talk to someone who have the same voice and even delute himself into thinking that she's literally talking with him
hope they manage to do something like this in the futur and make robot waifus with strong AI like that
yeah i dont like it it seems like an afront

The debates on this topic in the transhumanist spaces are always quite interesting. In this case, and other theoretical, if more advanced, cases like this, it is quite obvious. There's no continuity of existence, nor is that evocation running on anything even approaching human brain, being just a chatbot trained to choose specific sentences/words and to speak in a specific voice.

However, in the next decades, I can definitely see this subject getting quite murky, especially when neural implants and other such tech enter the field and there will be a case to be made as to the continuity of consciousness there:worryfeels::worryfeels::feelswhere:.
they're just going to turn us into npcs

someone with her gaming rigg running these AIs on them going " hide your moms' photos and audios here i come "

It’s just a face on a screen she’s still dead