Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Nvidia conference 2024: New chips to accelerate AI development massively

Dusk

Dusk

It's over.
-
In a span of time as short as a month there have been such an overwhelming amount of AI announcements that it's hard to fathom.
SORA, Genie, Devin, Claude3, Pi, Figure1... it's the tip of the iceberg. Nuts. Just earlier today was another slew of herculean announcement in the form of Nvidia's conference. New info, hot off the press!

8PJUzjG6nLHW7JZKK94xrQ-650-80.jpg.webp

In summary...
  • New incredibly powerful 'Blackwell' chip. Around 2-30 times as powerful as the previously used chips and consumes 25x less electricity and cost. These can be used to run trillion-parameter models (A human brain is 100T parameters) and corporations that develop AI are already adopting these.
  • Project GR00T; a foundation model for humanoid robots that allows them to mimic human movement through literally just watching them.
  • Development of a new 6G cloud platform AI.

AI progress will happen exponentially faster than anyone anticipated. I'm sure the governments have plans to accommodate and cushion all of the workers displaced by these rapid changes in AI, right? ...Right?

Whatever, as an incel this is great news. It means we are that much closer to virtual/robotic wives and a complete overhaul of the wretched society that we were cast from. Over for weldercels, over for devcels, just began for AI wife copers and LDAR enjoyers (?)
See you this time next week for another crazy AI update :feelskek:

Last edited:
Cool. If only I could join in on the development of this.

NO MORE JOBS
Who knows what the world will be like in just 5 more years.
As someone working toward a STEM degree I honestly feel like I'm going to graduate and there's not going to be any jobs for me to graduate into kek.

Ah well. I don't envy betabuxxers. I would rather spend my life in virtual AI-generated delusions anyway.

ALL THE ARTISTS WILL DIE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

who's ready to fight robots

Ok if that gives me robot stacy
Im in

We need to go faster! Faster, faster. Let's enjoy this rollercoaster while it lasts!
At this point AI acceleration-ism is the only hope for incels :feelsdevil:

I don't think society or anyone really is prepared for the magnitude of change that will occur in the next 5 years.

It's the beginning of an industrial revolution at an exponentially higher rate.
We are not going to be biological humans by the 2060s. That much is guaranteed.
The technological leap from 2000s to 2020s is already gargantuan. The leap from 2020s to 2040s will be significantly greater. The leap from 2040s to 2060s will be even greater. That's the nature of exponential growth.

I'm hoping it blows all of this inceldom stuff out of the water. That would be nice.

AMD is FINISHED
AMD=NT brand
Nvidia=autistic brand

invest in AI stocks/AI crypto projects if you wanna make money.

Thats where the money is flowing.

to be fair to AMD they are absolutely destroying intel in the CPU market

I don't think society or anyone really is prepared for the magnitude of change that will occur in the next 5 years.

It's the beginning of an industrial revolution at an exponentially higher rate.
We are not going to be biological humans by the 2060s. That much is guaranteed.
The technological leap from 2000s to 2020s is already gargantuan. The leap from 2020s to 2040s will be significantly greater. The leap from 2040s to 2060s will be even greater. That's the nature of exponential growth.

I'm hoping it blows all of this inceldom stuff out of the water. That would be nice.
Wishful thinking, when most of us here will be dead by then. Sad to say, but the suffering at least ends before it finds that temporary artificial cure.