Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Should I become a programmercel?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9758
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9758

PhD in female hating
-
I’m studying mechanical engineering currently and I don’t like it very much. Should I make the switch?
How difficult is it to work a pajeet-tier code monkey job?
Will it make me enough money to live on my own in a small apartment?

depends what you want to do and how much youre willing to put into it. Theres going to be more too it than just learning the basics of a language and its syntax. Actually being able to properly utilize it will take time.

depends what you want to do and how much youre willing to put into it. Theres going to be more too it than just learning the basics of a language and its syntax. Actually being able to properly utilize it will take time.
I’m trying It out at home now to see if i’d want to do it in college and I am enjoying it more than my current major. Although yeah, I didn’t do enough yet to know for sure.

I’m trying It out at home now to see if i’d want to do it in college and I am enjoying it more than my current major. Although yeah, I didn’t do enough yet to know for sure.
brutal agemog

You don't need school to learn programming and see if you have a knack for it. Just set aside X hours every day to tinker with it and make something cool.

Okay! I'll provide advice:

yAnonymous
Png

#145821269Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:59 PM CDT
""I just meant that because LUA is a scripting language, it has a very different syntax then other more complex languages. This difference makes it not an ideal way to start." Comparing "Lua" as a whole to programming languages such as "C++" or "Java" in terms of usability would be entirely unfair as those languages are very much different from Lua. "Scripting Languages" and "General Programming" languages are considered different for numerous reasons although they both still have an eventual result of affecting the behavior of the computer. Personally, I think "Lua" is a very good "Scripting Language" for beginners to begin with, it's syntax is very much in multiple ways similar to other commonly used languages and despite the differences, you can apply many of the "core" programming concepts into "Lua" effectively, over-all, it's a matter of individual opinion and I think that "Lua" can be an excellent choice for beginners to learn as it can easily help them when they want to switch to much more detailed and powerful Non-Scripting languages.

Re: let's confuse everyone by speaking in lua
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#146085029Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:26 PM CDT
That comparison is rather unfair in terms of aspects such as syntax and functionality. "Lua" is a "Scripting-Language" while C++ is an actual complete "Programming Language" itself, "Lua" has many great features and libraries created in "C" enabling it to be used without the presence of another language and a large majority of the core programming concepts can be mimicked using "Lua".

Re: I can learn programming languages easily
AnonyAnonymous
Png

#147333345Saturday, October 04, 2014 6:49 PM CDT
Although learning the syntax of a programming/scripting language can certainly be difficult, I've noticed that the over-all semantic linguistics appear to be significantly more difficult for beginners to grasp, although the majority of concepts can be universally applied. Don't rush into learning it, rather, recognize aspects you can understand and adapt your thinking to understand the pattern of logic.

Re: Script menu gui
ParadigmaticAnon
Png

#182608841Friday, January 29, 2016 5:18 AM CST
Certainly. I can provide an example algorithm using custom-notation for you, as shown below: [Struct] GUI_Obj = Instance.Create("TextButtonGUI"); [Array] Items = ("Cookies","Cake","Creme","Crepes"); GUI_Obj:Generate_Buttons(Get_Size(Items)); Sub GUI_Obj:Clicked(){ Foreach([Integer] k = 1; k < Get_Size(Items); k += 1){ GUI_Obj.Button{k} = Items{k}; } }; GUI_OBJ.Display_Name = "Menu"; Therefore you go, this is the typical syntax found in RBX.Lua. Enjoy.

I’m on the codecelling bandwagon too :feelshehe: I’m studying some meme unrelated degree in uni next year though :feelstastyman::feelstastyman: I’m not confident enough to tell my parents I’m skipping uni. I’ll just keep working my way up on projects and see if I can drop out early and reduce debt

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE TOO BROCEL
I WORK A SHITTY AIRPORT JOB
END

i'm studying code because it's only things i'm good at it
just do whatever thing you like and you're good at it
if you're bad at coding then don't do it

I am programmercel and I am not sure if I am good because nobody looked at any of it. I just make things done and it seems it's all that matter

Code Monke here,

You know, you might think coding is fun, right? You might think you'll enjoy solving puzzles for cash, building stuff, right? No shit, I love coding myself.

Working for corpo is very different from that. You will be surrounded by virtue signalling soy, who aren't good at anything other than office politics.
None cares about your skillset outside of job interviews. If you did something cool it will be appropriated and will drive career other than yours. If you said something wrong it will be immediately escalated to management. By wrong i mean unfunny joke, if thats something based you're done. [UWSL]Y ou must be willing and able to do office politics and you should be NT as fuck to do so. [/UWSL]

I mean, if you want to be programmer because of money, go for it. Otherwise I don't think its good idea.

Code Monke here,

You know, you might think coding is fun, right? You might think you'll enjoy solving puzzles for cash, building stuff, right? No shit, I love coding myself.

Working for corpo is very different from that. You will be surrounded by virtue signalling soy, who aren't good at anything other than office politics.
None cares about your skillset outside of job interviews. If you did something cool it will be appropriated and will drive career other than yours. If you said something wrong it will be immediately escalated to management. By wrong i mean unfunny joke, if thats something based you're done. [UWSL]Y ou must be willing and able to do office politics and you should be NT as fuck to do so. [/UWSL]

I mean, if you want to be programmer because of money, go for it. Otherwise I don't think its good idea.
You gotta be NT to be a programmer? I thought it was the most autistic incel career out there

If you've got high amount of patience, attention span and are actually interested in coding then go for it.
Can't say i'm patient or have a good attention span (i'm working on it) but i'm more interested in coding than anything else, although that doesn't say much.

You don't need school to learn programming and see if you have a knack for it. Just set aside X hours every day to tinker with it and make something cool.

This is accurate.

You gotta be NT to be a programmer? I thought it was the most autistic incel career out there

No, you simply need decent cognition...

Re: How old will you be in 5 years?
UnsourcedAnon
Png

#182283475Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:59 PM CST
Exactly twelve-years old.
Re: What programming language should I learn next?
UnsourcedAnon
Png

#182284347Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:12 PM CST
"difference between programming and scripting languages" Generally, programming languages rely on a compiler to translate the algorithm instructions into Assembly instructions. Scripting languages usually rely on an interpreter built within a program and are embedded within a program to extend the overall functionality. Any languages you learn should be based majorly on personal-necessity. Interest is the remaining factor.

Re: Why Is Chimmihc A Scripting Deity?
UnsourcedAnon
Png

#182288633Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:23 PM CST
"no i haven't. anything else that offers a game-creation feature like roblox does?" Yes, plenty. Have you considered Corona/Moai/LOVE2D? They are very good Lua-based game engines with their own respective APIs. Admittedly, they are not "exactly" like ROBLOX, though they provide a very good development environment. Alternatively, you could consider this: http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaGraphics

UnsourcedAnon
Png

#182292206Sunday, January 24, 2016 12:43 AM CST
Differences in algorithms describe this quite well.

Last edited:
No, you simply need decent cognition...

Depends, if you do it as career, or just for fun. In majority of companies the difference between mid and senior is solely communication skills. Most companies require mid devs to have decent communication skills. By communication skills I mean clearly and concisely communicate your ideas to your peers and to business. You also will need to push back work In a way you won't appear lazy. Otherwise you'll be that guy, who stays late on Friday, and still fails to meet deadlines.

And yes, if you're year or 2 In your career, you might be happy with just making cool stuff, when being told to. But then you'll see your peers progress in their career, and you will want to be senior, or to work in higher tier company.

With regards to cognition, you should be smart enough to crack that interview questions, but that's not the main career driver.

I used to work with a guy, who was just awful, he had senior grade despite being barely able to code. He had good reputation there. Why. Easy: he glowed. He knew how to pick work that's not hard, but visible. Security champion duty? This guy is in. What does it mean? Hell be mentioned in all docs as such, that's it. There was not a single improvement in security from his side. Team inherited project ridden with bugs, that needs to be fixed ASAP? "I don't want to do it". He goes and refactor some shit cause he " drives quality".

I'll give you another example. I used to work with a guy, he was in his 50s. Super smart, new a lot abut network and databases. He was the guy, who could resolve issue whole team was working for 3 days with no success as something obvious. He was technically team lead, but he had no team he was supporting system in his corner and that's it. For a person if his intelligence that's fail. But this was in a company, that puts tech at very high priority. They are fastest in their market and that's the key selling point. No shit, a guy who was fired because he was "slow thinker" for them works at google.

TL;DR of this.
Yes if you want to be junior or work in outsourcing.
No if you want a decent career

I’m studying mechanical engineering currently and I don’t like it very much. Should I make the switch?
How difficult is it to work a pajeet-tier code monkey job?
Will it make me enough money to live on my own in a small apartment?
Most jobs will make you more than enough money to live on your own in a small apartment, but programming requires constant studying and it generally demands you to be actually interested in it.
On the other hand, programmers can easily work from home, which will give you a lot of options when it comes to how you can do your job. If you're actually interested in it, go for it.

Last edited:
Code Monke here,

As far as I know, programmers can work from home.

Only makes things harder
How? You don't have to interact with normies and Bluepilled incels in denial. (I'm not aspiring to be a programmer, I'm just genuinely curious)

How? You don't have to interact with normies and Bluepilled incels in denial. (I'm not aspiring to be a programmer, I'm just genuinely curious)
It is these normies, who will determine if you get a promotion, or whether you stay with the company after probation. That's called 360 feedback. Their "we don't like this guy" will be translated as "poor team player" on the review with corresponding results. So you'd better interact and play nice.

and it generally demands you to be actually interested in it.
Which has been the bane of my existence.

OP, if you're not genuinely interested in programming, take it from me, I know from experience: don't do it. It will be hell, if you can even ever manage to land a job in the first place.

Which has been the bane of my existence.

OP, if you're not genuinely interested in programming, take it from me, I know from experience: don't do it. It will be hell, if you can even ever manage to land a job in the first place.
I’m more interested in it than anything else. Either that or wagie4life

See constant ads and promotions for security IT programming and seems like a good career for introverted autists....

now I see this thread and I'm not sure :feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat:

does seem kinda boring but also financially rewarding..and most jobs are pretty boring these days

It is these normies, who will determine if you get a promotion, or whether you stay with the company after probation. That's called 360 feedback. Their "we don't like this guy" will be translated as "poor team player" on the review with corresponding results. So you'd better interact and play nice.
Which is essentially a death sentence for any non-NT men. :feelsseriously: