Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Social interaction feels so limited but if you disengage, you get shamed

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I think it's natural to feel you want to disengage once the amount of social interaction you're getting drops beyond a certain point. But it's like other people kind of WANT you to be needy.

This is totally different to when you're younger and people are way more keen to interact.

In some ways I envy someone like Mr Burns because he is already hated so now he can do whatever he wants!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjdMYyjnmks

lol :)

OK maybe I don't want to block out the sun.

What social interaction

I avoid every social interaction that i can. Cousins made fun of me in the beginning, now i dont care that everyone consider me an crazy hermit.

I avoid every social interaction that i can. Cousins made fun of me in the beginning, now i dont care that everyone consider me an crazy hermit.

I kind of wish I could not care. But I feel like people will use it against me.

Literally at the last houseshare I lived at, my unusual behaviour (even things as minor as spending a long time in my room) was used as a reason to kick me out.

So now I'm worried about being seen as weird because it's expensive and inconveniencing to keep having to move.

I think it's natural to feel you want to disengage once the amount of social interaction you're getting drops beyond a certain point. But it's like other people kind of WANT you to be needy.

This is totally different to when you're younger and people are way more keen to interact.

In some ways I envy someone like Mr Burns because he is already hated so now he can do whatever he wants!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjdMYyjnmks

lol :)

OK maybe I don't want to block out the sun.

I hate everyone equally except brocels that are loyal, They are good!

Normies don't want to interact. They want to show their dominance ( often subtly ) and to test your boundaries/confirm that you're low at a hierarchical position.

Normies don't want to interact. They want to show their dominance ( often subtly ) and to test your boundaries/confirm that you're low at a hierarchical position.
I used to think about some related stuff in the past couple of weeks. Some people dominate in a conversation, while the other party receives. The energy flows from the more dominant person to the more submissive one. I'm not sure if it's just related to social status, I think there is more to it. One of the two interacting people will care more about the other persons approval. It is very subtle. In extreme cases the more dominant person talks freely and carelessly and makes jokes, while the more submissive person gives him exactly what he wants, e.g. answers questions very directly and never steers the conversation, never has strong opinions about a subject. It's also not necessarily the person that talks more that is dominating. Some people talk a lot but they're very informing, they give the other person what he wants without gaining much in return. I wonder if this behavior could be changed or if it's set in stone by your genetics and past experiences.

This kind of reminds me of the expression "Keeping up with the Joneses"... like, it's not friendliness, it's competition.

A lot of people are definitely like that.

I wonder if this behavior could be changed or if it's set in stone by your genetics and past experiences.
Don't know. Without doubt, your genetics and past experiences have a huge influence on whether you're dominant or not.
I think it's practically impossible to escape biological conditioning unless you are so desperate that you're ready to attack those more stronger and powerful than you.

This kind of reminds me of the expression "Keeping up with the Joneses"... like, it's not friendliness, it's competition.

A lot of people are definitely like that.
Normies like to show their dominance and superiority towards downtrodden.

Don't know. Without doubt, your genetics and past experiences have a huge influence on whether you're dominant or not.
I think it's practically impossible to escape biological conditioning unless you are so desperate that you're ready to attack those more stronger and powerful than you.
Maybe if you get to a point where you truly don't care anymore.

I kind of wish I could not care. But I feel like people will use it against me.

Literally at the last houseshare I lived at, my unusual behaviour (even things as minor as spending a long time in my room) was used as a reason to kick me out.

So now I'm worried about being seen as weird because it's expensive and inconveniencing to keep having to move.
When you youre an incel whatever you do or dont do is criticized and ridiculed. It cannot be helped. Being seen with a gf is like verification that youre normal, when no one sees you with one people start asking themselves what is wrong with you.
Yeah, theyre natural bullies. They try to strengthen their bond with others by turning everyone against the outsider. Same thing happens to my nephew and they are only 8 year olds jfl.

Do you mean school bullying?
Yeah, online also as these new kids already use discords. One of his "friends" made a discord group to ridicule my nephew. What a little prick.

And if you do interact with people it's a reminder why you keep your mouth shut in the first place.

Yeah, online also as these new kids already use discords. One of his "friends" made a discord group to ridicule my nephew. What a little prick.
People are nasty in general.

When you youre an incel whatever you do or dont do is criticized and ridiculed. It cannot be helped. Being seen with a gf is like verification that youre normal, when no one sees you with one people start asking themselves what is wrong with you.

Yeah I've noticed people do that. I can't just be me and live my life without being judged for not having someone of the opposite sex walking along next to me.