Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Spinoza?

go2sleep

go2sleep

Worthless
★★★★★
Spinoza 1120x625

Is he based or cringe, and in which way? It's really puzzling me. I think I could understand world much better if I knew the answer to this question.
And I'm especially interested in your opinion, @Efiliste.

Baruch de Spinoza was a smart guy

Spoke out against religion

Yep, nature acting and nature acted upon
True. But what is the way Spinoza understands it? I don't think it's dialectical materialism which would imply man transforming nature then being transformed by his transformation, forming a spiral ascent into the New Jerusalem; as Spinoza excludes change from his system i.e. nature is eternal and always the same.

True. But what is the way Spinoza understands it? I don't think it's dialectical materialism which would imply man transforming nature then being transformed by his transformation, forming a spiral ascent into the New Jerusalem; as Spinoza excludes change from his system i.e. nature is eternal and always the same.
I'm not so sure about that, might have to read Spinoza to find that out.

Okay. How do you stand with Hegel?
His dialectical theory was pretty good, his view of art of good too, what do you think of him ?

His dialectical theory was pretty good, his view of art of good too, what do you think of him ?
So far I've been very satisfied with his thinking and of the Hegelian tradition generally, but there are still so many things I don't understand. He is a Gigachad of philosophy no doubt.

Are you doing some reading currently?

So far I've been very satisfied with his thinking and of the Hegelian tradition generally, but there are still so many things I don't understand. He is a Gigachad of philosophy no doubt.

Are you doing some reading currently?
I am, indeed reading the Maxim's of La Rochefoucauld. And yourself ?

I am, indeed reading the Maxim's of La Rochefoucauld. And yourself ?
I am reading Paul Tillich's "The Courage to Be." It is an existentialist work and I hope it will help me with my anxiety. So far existentialism has been effective in this tbh.

I am reading Paul Tillich's "The Courage to Be." It is an existentialist work and I hope it will help me with my anxiety. So far existentialism has been effective in this tbh.
The Existentialist movement had many great minds and works