Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment SSRI drugs causing more depression (for me)

I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss

I.N.C.E.L.S. Boss

Kept you waitin, huh
★★★★★
I was told that SSRI pills will bring me happiness or some sort of calmness :feelswhat:
The doc put me on Lexapro, I am two days on it and maaan.

It knocks me out so bad I feel so sleepy and I am really drowsy. What is this joke :feelsUgh:

Curing depression with a drug that gives you more depression. :dafuckfeels:

Last edited:
I wouldn't take SSRI's honestly. Took zoloft for two months, it did nothing for me. Just got terrible withdrawals. Then again its your choice. I just remember getting nausea and feeling drowsy when I started taking it.

Only meditation helps me really

First days are like that

I wouldn't take SSRI's honestly. Took zoloft for two months, it did nothing for me. Just got terrible withdrawals. Then again its your choice. I just remember getting nausea and feeling drowsy when I started taking it.

Only meditation helps me really
You were drowsy for two months ?

Tbh, i don't believe meds can't help in our issue since it's of a systemic issue. I wanted to give a a try doe but I can't handled being this drowsy.

I'm taking SSRI pills for a few months and tbh I don't feel improvement

You were drowsy for two months ?

Tbh, i don't believe meds can't help in our issue since it's of a systemic issue. I wanted to give a a try doe but I can't handled being this drowsy.
Not for two months. Maybe for the first few days and then when I had the withdrawal it came back.
Zoloft gave me memory problems too

Not for two months. Maybe for the first few days and then when I had the withdrawal it came back.
Zoloft gave me memory problems too
So at the end of the day, you found depression to be more bearable than being on the drug ?
I might drop this med too, this drownsiness is insane. It's not the solution to my problem.

So at the end of the day, you found depression to be more bearable than being on the drug ?
I might drop this med too, this drownsiness is insane. It's not the solution to my problem.
Zoloft did nothing for my depression and anxiety so I just decided to stop taking it. Personally I wouldn't recommend taking them, so few people seem to benefit from them at all. And you get nasty withdrawals.

Friends would do that job for you, but since you are ugly, you have to be depressed.

I was told that SSRI pills will bring me happiness or some sort of calmness :feelswhat:
The doc put me on Lexapro, I am two days on it and maaan.

It knocks me out so bad I feel so sleepy and I am really drowsy. What is this joke :feelsUgh:

Curing depression with a drug that gives you more depression. :dafuckfeels:
A new study just came out saying that depression is likely not caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. Meaning that SSRIs are pretty much a useless placebo that do nothing. SSRIs have been pushed for decades to make bank for the pharmaceutical industry.

Check out this study

A new study just came out saying that depression is likely not caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. Meaning that SSRIs are pretty much a useless placebo that do nothing. SSRIs have been pushed for decades to make bank for the pharmaceutical industry.

Check out this study

My theory is that depression is due more to neurons not reacting to dopamine or dopamine being made in scarce amount rather than the serotonin explanation. Serotonin numbs the brain in my experience.

But dopamine receptor agonist are not prescribed.