Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The attractiveness of your "personality" ultimately depends on your testosterone levels (masculine men naturally smell better.)

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★
I've already posted this study, which found a correlation between facial attractiveness and body odour attractiveness, suggesting that good-looking people naturally smell better, a few times here. However, that study is from 1999 and there were a good number of conflicting ones on the issue, so I decided to look deeper at the whole body odour and attractiveness stuff.

Spoiler: It's pretty brutal.

Do Masculine Men Smell Better? An Association Between Skin Color Masculinity and Female Preferences for Body Odor

A recent study claimed face skin color as a sexually dimorphic variable that influences attractiveness preferences in mate choice. Thereby, skin color may assume the role of a mate quality signal influencing attractiveness preferences.
As body odor is linked to attractiveness, this study aimed to explore whether the odors of men with more masculine facial skin color would be evaluated more positively than odors from less masculine men. Female raters were presented with body odors of 18 men and were asked to rate them in various characteristics.
Multilevel modeling revealed that the odors of the donors with more masculine color were rated not only as more attractive, more pleasant, and sexier, but also healthier. This indicates that odor associated with men with more masculine skin color is attractive, just as other sexually dimorphic traits.
Furthermore, we found a negative relation between skin color masculinity and perceived odor maleness. Regarding this last finding, a new discussion is introduced with respect to the influence of cognitive stereotypes in odor judgments. Altogether, the study supports the possibility that chemosensory signals may be communicating signs of mate quality associated with masculinity.

The more testosterone you have, the more attractive and manlier your skin and body odour are.

How does this tie into "personality"? Well...

Body Odor Quality Predicts Behavioral Attractiveness in Humans

However, we show here that the attractiveness of nonverbal behavior, in 20 male participants, is predicted by perceived quality of their axillary body odor.
Depending on two different rating contexts (either a simple attractiveness rating or a rating for long-term partners by 10 female raters not using hormonal contraception), we also found significant relationships between perceived attractiveness of nonverbal behavior and BMI, and between axillary odor ratings and 2D:4D ratio. Axillary odor pleasantness was the single attribute that consistently predicted attractiveness of nonverbal behavior. Our results demonstrate that nonverbal kinesic cues could reliably reveal mate quality, at least in males, and could corroborate and contribute to mate assessment based on other physical traits.

The attractiveness of your "personality", that is, what normies would also call the "vibes" you give off, is strongly influenced by your body odour. The better you smell, the better your "vibes" are, while the worse you stink, the more of a creep you are to normies.

Also, jfl at the link to the 2D:4D ratio. For those of you who don't know, the 2D:4D ratio is commonly believed to be a sign of how much testosterone you were exposed to in the womb. Here, it basically means that the more testosterone you were bathed in in the womb, the better you smell, and the better you smell, the more attractive your behaviour is seen as.

Manipulation of body odour alters men’s self-confidence and judgements of their visual attractiveness by women

Furthermore, although there was no difference between groups in mean attractiveness ratings of men’s photographs by a female panel, the same women judged men using the active spray as more attractive in video-clips, suggesting a behavioural difference between the groups. Attractiveness of an individual male’s non-verbal behaviour, independent of structural facial features, was predicted by the men’s self-reported proclivity towards the provided deodorant. Our results demonstrate the pervasive influence of personal odour on self-perception, and how this can extend to impressions on others even when these impressions are formed in the absence of odour cues

Thankfully, you can compensate by using a deodorant. As in, smelling good is so important that even a simple deodorant can make you seem more attractive in video messages where nobody can actually smell you, just because you'll be acting like you are more attractive than you actually are.

TL;DR: The more testosterone you have, the more masculine your skin and body odour are. The more masculine your body odour is, the more attractive your behaviour/personality is perceived to be, this all being strengthened even further by the found link between pleasant body odour and a masculine 2D:4D ratio, which is widely used as a proxy for the amount of testosterone one has been exposed to in the womb as an embryo. You can compensate with a good deodorant, or a cologne or whatever, but in the end, and as @lifefuel already pointed out in this thread where I also brought the first study up, there's only so far that goes and it doesn't change how masculine your skin is anyway.

Ok, so I will spray deodorant all over my ogre head/face and then I'll get some bitches yeah?

Ok, so I will spray deodorant all over my ogre head/face and then I'll get some bitches yeah?
Not really, as I wrote in the last paragraph, you can definitely give yourself an edge over similar-looking men, but if you smell much better than you look like you should, you'll just end up laughed at for being a tryhard as well as an incel.

Not really, as I wrote in the last paragraph, you can definitely give yourself an edge over similar-looking men, but if you smell much better than you look like you should, you'll just end up laughed at for being a tryhard as well as an incel.
:feelsYall:

So I just need to wear cologne. Hard to find a balance with it.

This is observable reality. Low t men are usually destined to die alone. While ugly but high T men sometimes find a mate.
And by low T I mean not slightly lower T than average, but very low T which makes these men behaving in a ways similar to females.
Opposites attract; and low T men are almost on the same psycho-emotional level as females which makes them highly unattractive as potential mates to the opposite sex.

For facial masculinity, they just measured how dark and nonreflective their skin is, how yellow it is, and how red it is. Then multiply all 3 values together.
The attractiveness of their body odor was then correlated with this measure.

But these coloring values heavily depend on your current health and lifestyle. The red undertones come from high lycopene, iron, or testosterone levels. The yellow undertones come from high levles in beta carotene for example. The threads on looksmax.org show which supplements to take and what dose.

This measure of masculinity depends mostly on the current lifestyle and even most truecels can achieve a good coloring. It doesn't necessarily imply that truecels can achieve an attractive body odor as well. I'd say the chance that they can is higher if the truecel responds well to dietary supplementation and improved lifestyle changes. If he responds to these changes equally well as a normie. Even if he does, there still might be an inherent difference in his organism that will not allow him to smell as a good as a normie. I don't know and it is hard to quantify smell currently.
I've read many posts of steroid users claiming that their gf or other women tell them that they smell more attractive while on a high dose of testosterone.
Again this might not apply to truecels. Their organism might be so fucked, that nothing would work. Idk depends on the individual I guess. But I think it is unlikely. I mean my body personally reacts well to better sleep, better diet, exercising, drugs. Why would my smell somehow be completely immune to any improvement? I think it's more likely that you can improve your body odor by quite a lot if you really wanted to. But maybe I'm too optimistic.

Over for showercels

For facial masculinity, they just measured how dark and nonreflective their skin is, how yellow it is, and how red it is. Then multiply all 3 values together.
The attractiveness of their body odor was then correlated with this measure.

But these coloring values heavily depend on your current health and lifestyle. The red undertones come from high lycopene, iron, or testosterone levels. The yellow undertones come from high levles in beta carotene for example. The threads on looksmax.org show which supplements to take and what dose.

This measure of masculinity depends mostly on the current lifestyle and even most truecels can achieve a good coloring. It doesn't necessarily imply that truecels can achieve an attractive body odor as well. I'd say the chance that they can is higher if the truecel responds well to dietary supplementation and improved lifestyle changes. If he responds to these changes equally well as a normie. Even if he does, there still might be an inherent difference in his organism that will not allow him to smell as a good as a normie. I don't know and it is hard to quantify smell currently.
I've read many posts of steroid users claiming that their gf or other women tell them that they smell more attractive while on a high dose of testosterone.
Again this might not apply to truecels. Their organism might be so fucked, that nothing would work. Idk depends on the individual I guess. But I think it is unlikely. I mean my body personally reacts well to better sleep, better diet, exercising, drugs. Why would my smell somehow be completely immune to any improvement? I think it's more likely that you can improve your body odor by quite a lot if you really wanted to. But maybe I'm too optimistic.

View attachment 814707View attachment 814706View attachment 814705View attachment 814704
High IQ reply. I sure hope that it's possible to greatly change one's body odour, given how important it is turning out to be in attraction and so on.

even a simple deodorant can make you seem more attractive in video messages where nobody can actually smell you
There is kind of a crisis of fake science currently and that should never be forgotten. Something like this, where they're trying to sell you that how you smell can impact your attractiveness on video, is a flaming red flag. They are literally trying to sell you smellevision.

Won't even bother reading because we all know that it means chad gets advantage in most other niches not just face and physical strength

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back