Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The Cage - A pessimistic thing I wrote at 3 am in the morning upon reflection

HedonisticRecluse

HedonisticRecluse

Transcendent Hypostasis
★★★★
The cage we are bound into is causality, time, space and the will. We are subordinates to the will, we may say that the cage is a beautiful thing but in fact this beauty is an illusion that traps us, like the light that draws the simple-minded insect towards it. If I see a beautiful succubi, I know that it is not her as a cousciouss being that entrances me, but her sexual dimorphism and genetics - the will, not me, deems her worthy of copulation; it is not love, but a primitive biological function. All “love” is based on this repugant superficiality, how can something so shallow be a product of rational thought - it can be noting but an incessant blinding impulse.

The happiness of having children is nothing more than irrational predisposition towards reproduction, why else would succubi go through the painful process of birth if not for the chemical induced high of propagating the species. If humans really thought logically, why would anyone bring a consciouss being from blissful nonexistence? The world is defined by its suffering, the negation of our default state is pleasure, and it is momentary and leads only to more desires. Our entire life is just the meaningless chase of pleasure to temporalily neutralise the suffering that makes up the vast majority of our lives. Our lives are but the cylcial chase of momentary pleasure, something so tragic cannot be called good by any metrics. Only a madman blinded by impulse can call such a thing good, preharps spurred on by the horror of such a realisation entails. It is no wonder that the truth of pessimism brings about such contempt, for the realisation of the tragedy that is human existence brings forth either suicide or resignation.

High IQ and EQ, reads like Pessoa or someone like that.

If I’m being straight with you, there’s only way to get out from under pessimism this firmly grounded. You have to cease having such a strong identification with the egoic individual self. The sincere pessimist has to learn to live impersonally, by way of renunciation or sacrifice, rope or cope

The Jain ascetic saints literally crawl into caves and gradually give up food, rice, even water, literally LDAR but for real, until death, denying the world of Space and Time in the absolute sense. And that’s one way to go and it’s an honorable and authentic one. That is the way of renunciation.

[UWSL]But there’s another way too. I basically see the world in the same way as you, it’s a fucked up thresher where the individual is torn to shreds, nothing is fair or beautiful from a material take, but I’ve found a perspective largely through Schopenhauer that makes it more difficult to actually despise the Creation, and it’s effective because it is genuinely a deeper understanding of being[/UWSL]

[UWSL]You have to realize that just as in a dream, when you wake up to realize so clearly that the whole of the dream (everything and everyone in it) was actually just your own mind, was only yourself in disguise - so too it is with waking life. :feelsthink:[/UWSL]

In Schopenhauer’s own words:

By looking inwards, every individual recognizes in his inner being, which is his will, the thing-in-itself, and hence that which alone is everywhere real. Accordingly, he conceives himself as the kernel and centre of the world, and considers himself infinitely important.

On the other hand, if he looks outwards, he is then in the province of the representation, of the mere phenomenon, where he sees himself as an individual among an infinite number of other individuals, and consequently as something extremely insignificant, in fact quite infinitesimal.

Accordingly every individual, even the most insignificant, every I, seen from within, is all in all; seen from without, on the other hand, he is nothing, or at any rate as good as nothing.

To this, therefore, is due the great difference between what each one necessarily is in his own eyes, and what he is in the eyes of others, consequently egoism, with which everyone reproaches everyone else.

In consequence of this egoism, the most fundamental of all our errors is that, with reference to one another, we are not-I. On the other hand, to be just, noble, and benevolent is nothing but to translate my metaphysics into actions.

To say that time and space are mere forms of our knowledge, not determinations of things-in-themselves, is the same as saying that the teaching of (reincarnation), namely that "One day you will be born again as the man whom you now injure, and will suffer the same injury," is identical with the frequently mentioned formula of the Brahmans, Tat tvam asi, "Thou art That."
- WWR Volume 2 (Emphasis Mine)

Last edited:
High IQ and EQ, reads like Pessoa or someone like that.

If I’m being straight with you, there’s only way to get out from under pessimism this firmly grounded. You have to cease having such a strong identification with the egoic individual self. The sincere pessimist has to learn to live impersonally, by way of renunciation or sacrifice, rope or cope

The Jain ascetic saints literally crawl into caves and gradually give up food, rice, even water, literally LDAR but for real, until death, denying the world of Space and Time in the absolute sense. And that’s one way to go and it’s an honorable and authentic one. That is the way of renunciation.

[UWSL]But there’s another way too. I basically see the world in the same way as you, it’s a fucked up thresher where the individual is torn to shreds, nothing is fair or beautiful from a material take, but I’ve found a perspective largely through Schopenhauer that makes it more difficult to actually despise the Creation, and it’s effective because it is genuinely a deeper understanding of being[/UWSL]

[UWSL]You have to realize that just as in a dream, when you wake up to realize so clearly that the whole of the dream (everything and everyone in it) was actually just your own mind, was only yourself in disguise - so too it is with waking life. :feelsthink:[/UWSL]

In Schopenhauer’s own words:

By looking inwards, every individual recognizes in his inner being, which is his will, the thing-in-itself, and hence that which alone is everywhere real. Accordingly, he conceives himself as the kernel and centre of the world, and considers himself infinitely important.

On the other hand, if he looks outwards, he is then in the province of the representation, of the mere phenomenon, where he sees himself as an individual among an infinite number of other individuals, and consequently as something extremely insignificant, in fact quite infinitesimal.

Accordingly every individual, even the most insignificant, every I, seen from within, is all in all; seen from without, on the other hand, he is nothing, or at any rate as good as nothing.

To this, therefore, is due the great difference between what each one necessarily is in his own eyes, and what he is in the eyes of others, consequently egoism, with which everyone reproaches everyone else.

In consequence of this egoism, the most fundamental of all our errors is that, with reference to one another, we are not-I. On the other hand, to be just, noble, and benevolent is nothing but to translate my metaphysics into actions.

To say that time and space are mere forms of our knowledge, not determinations of things-in-themselves, is the same as saying that the teaching of (reincarnation), namely that "One day you will be born again as the man whom you now injure, and will suffer the same injury," is identical with the frequently mentioned formula of the Brahmans, Tat tvam asi, "Thou art That."
- WWR Volume 2 (Emphasis Mine)
Thanks. And yes this unification of all beings through the will does give me compassion, and has lessened my hatred. Also I did not understand the last line, comparing those who call space and time, not things in themselves, as the same as saying the teaching of reincarnation. My understanding is that the unification of the will that is present in all beings unifiys us, what you go through, I go through.

You might say reincarnation is a useful metaphor, which helps plebs understand things closely enough. Because we aren’t literally born again over and over in sequence, we already are everyone and everything. As said in the upanishads, “I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this whole world

In other words, just as the subject in your nightly dream feels himself to be a unique individual situated within a vast world beyond him, the reality is that the whole of the dream is himself, you - the dreamer. Once again, “Thou art That”.

I’ll let Schopenhauer speak for himself on reincarnation though.

“The doctrine of (reincarnation), previously touched on, deviates from the truth merely by transferring to the future what is already now.

Thus it represents my true inner being-in-itself as existing in others only after my death, whereas the truth is that it already lives in them now, and death abolishes merely the illusion by reason of which I am not aware of this; just as the innumerable hosts of stars always shine above our heads, but become visible only when the one sun near the earth has set.

From this point of view, however much my individual existence, like that sun, outshines everything for me, at bottom it appears only as an obstacle which stands between me and the knowledge of the true extent of my being.

And because in his knowledge every individual succumbs to this obstacle, it is
simply individuation that keeps the will-to-live in error as to its own true nature; it is the Maya of Brahmanism.

Death is a refutation of this error and abolishes it. I believe that, at the moment of dying, we become aware that a mere illusion has limited our existence to our person.
WWR 2 emphasis mine

Last edited:
You might say reincarnation is a useful metaphor, which helps plebs understand things closely enough. Because we aren’t literally born again over and over in sequence, we already are everyone and everything. As said in the upanishads, “I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this whole world

In other words, just as the subject in your nightly dream feels himself to be a unique individual situated within a vast world beyond him, the reality is that the whole of the dream is himself, you - the dreamer. Once again, “Thou art That”.

I’ll let Schopenhauer speak for himself on reincarnation though.

“The doctrine of (reincarnation), previously touched on, deviates from the truth merely by transferring to the future what is already now.

Thus it represents my true inner being-in-itself as existing in others only after my death, whereas the truth is that it already lives in them now, and death abolishes merely the illusion by reason of which I am not aware of this; just as the innumerable hosts of stars always shine above our heads, but become visible only when the one sun near the earth has set.

From this point of view, however much my individual existence, like that sun, outshines everything for me, at bottom it appears only as an obstacle which stands between me and the knowledge of the true extent of my being.

And because in his knowledge every individual succumbs to this obstacle, it is
simply individuation that keeps the will-to-live in error as to its own true nature; it is the Maya of Brahmanism.

Death is a refutation of this error and abolishes it. I believe that, at the moment of dying, we become aware that a mere illusion has limited our existence to our person.
WWR 2 emphasis mine
I see thanks

Agree OP. Although you dont have to resort to suicide, LDAR or ER upon realization of the horrible conditions in which consciousness exists. Instead you could try to endure it, even though there's not necessarily an ultimate reward for it. As long as you aren't sure you have found a way out, embrace the tragedy of conscuous life; endure it. Embrace your nature as a pitiful creature in this diabolical existence.

Last edited: