Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The paradox of the objectivity/ subjectivity of genes

Destroyed lonely

Destroyed lonely

Banned
-
"You're so lucky you have green eyes/ tall height/ xyz"
"I wish I was xyz (immutable genetic trait) that I am not instead of abc (immutable genetic trait) that I am"
"I wish my parents were someone else"

These statements are both true and false depending on the perspective, from a universal objective pov, there was never any "luck" at play, you were MADE by your parents, YOU could not have been ANYONE else, you ARE the infinite chain of events since the start of time that lead to you, and since past is unchangeable and you didn't exist before you, everything is predetermined, you weren't lucky/ unlucky to have any traits because those traits are the very definition of your bitch ass, If I go up to someone and slap the shit of them were they "unlucky" that my hand landed on their face?

BUT, there's a problem..., from a subjective solipsistic perspective you were born into reality as a whole not just into your family, so YOU could have been someone else, your genes could've been something else but they are not, now "luck" shows up, you were lucky/ unlucky to have certain traits

This paradox fucks with my head every day, it's THE problem of life

@CopingForBrutality @Bianor

You will never know the perspective of another being

Yes this is determinism, there are other interpretations of reality that include stuff like quantum effects to explain free will. Imo that's a pretty big cope and I agree with you that we are just a big long chain of particle interactions since the dawn of time.

I don't really think it's a paradox moreso a dissonance in worldview, whether you view yourself as a randomly assigned existence or some specific chronology of particles that stems from the birth of the universe.

I don't really think it's a paradox moreso a dissonance in worldview, whether you view yourself as a randomly assigned existence or some specific chronology of particles that stems from the birth of the universe.
The problem is reality IS solipsistic, everything exists in one's head, anything outside of subjective mind could be fake, it's impossible to prove otherwise, "chronology of particles" could be just a story

The problem is reality IS solipsistic, everything exists in one's head, anything outside of subjective mind could be fake, it's impossible to prove otherwise, "chronology of particles" could be just a story
Well yea by that logic we or I could just be a Boltzmann brain that's hallucinating everything in this universe.

Or we could be a part of a simulation and randomly assigned an identity based on a program.

So I see your point yea.

Well yea by that logic we or I could just be a Boltzmann brain that's hallucinating everything in this universe.

Or we could be a part of a simulation and randomly assigned an identity based on a program.

So I see your point yea.
Yes but my point is the implication of solipsism in this subject, whether the story is fake or real doesn't matter, what matters is that reality IS subjective, this is not a theory it's a fact, no"thing" exists objectively, things don't have time, locality or any other specificity outside of consciousness, a piece of rock is nowhere in time and space objectively so it practically doesn't exist, time & space are characteristics of mind

So the "you were born into reality as a whole" part does create a paradox, we weren't just born into a tiny corner of an objective universe, the universe exists from within outwards not the other way around

If you look at it this way, LUCK does exist, a dice was rolled BEFORE we were born, even tho there was no before "we"

Last edited:
mad max GIF

BUT, there's a problem..., from a subjective solipsistic perspective you were born into reality as a whole not just into your family, so YOU could have been someone else, your genes could've been something else but they are not, now "luck" shows up, you were lucky/ unlucky to have certain traits

This paradox fucks with my head every day, it's THE problem of life
This is where the paradox can break though, because you introduce an element of chance, and chance doesn't interfere with the deterministic outcome of the universe IMO. Chance, when perceived through the lens of predictability and patterns, becomes a facet of determinism.