Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News the trial of Chris-chan has begun

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Paragon
★★★★★
Stone

Chris-chan is basically proof all of us are fakecels because he ascended at all costs.

motherfuckermaxxing is legit

Last edited:
hes going to prison its over

he is white and tall

Hes also brutally autistic. he never would've ascended
true. But remember how he somehow got to at least be friendzoned with Megan Schroder??

You can't say Chris Chan is a coward. Many incels cant even reach the friendzone if they wanted to. Chris Chan is a good example of bravery gone wrong

true. But remember how he somehow got to at least be friendzoned with Megan Schroder??

You can't say Chris Chan is a coward. Many incels cant even reach the friendzone if they wanted to. Chris Chan is a good example of bravery gone wrong
You remember how she just pitied him though? It's over for non NT cels

You remember how she just pitied him though? It's over for non NT cels
I'm just saying a lot of incels can't even reach the pity friendzone. A good example is Cho or ER

I'm just saying a lot of incels can't even reach the pity friendzone. A good example is Cho or ER
Yeah it happens, I get what you're saying bc I'm heightpilled too. But he was as far gone of an incel as they can get tbh

Can't or won't?

ER could've been friendzoned but he was too pissed about how cucked it is to settle for that so he never pursued

hes going to prison its over
Many of us, especially those newer to anime, consider Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to be among the best, most powerful, and most well-written anime out there, and this final consideration is given by the fact its genius playwright author, Kazuki Nakashima, masterfully constructed its world to be one in which the existence of plot holes was almost completely null and void thanks to the cleverness of a single in-universe mechanic. Spiral Power, the ability to do anything and everything with the right amount of classic shounen fighting spirit, could justify any occurrence whatsoever so long as the characters’ motivations were properly preestablished and consistent. Not only was this mechanic used to orchestrate some of the most spectacular developments in anime history without compromising the internal logical and immersion of the show at hand, but it was used more meaningfully to deeply theme itself with the ultimate display of universal human empowerment and denial of determinism. If the community at large could understand, appreciate, and accept this and install TTGL as the cultural icon it has since become, then I don’t quite understand why no one seemed to do the same for Re:Creators, a show which not only did just about the same thing, but did it in a way which made far more sense.

Re:Creators is an otaku culture potpourri of meta-commentary revolving around Creations, pop-media characters being brought to life by their own prominence in the real world, a measure which is decided by how thoroughly and ubiquitously they and their stories have influenced real people in their real lives—which is something I’m sure you and I can both heavily relate to as anime fans. The show does a shockingly realistic job at showing you in intimate detail how the natural propensities of these characters can be dangerous or dissociative when brought into reality under the right circumstances despite being completely understandable in the fictitious worlds they’d been living in up until this point, like a Warrior who resents our society for engaging with her narrative as entertainment when she was actually there experiencing it as a real, war-torn hellscape, or a magical girl who isn’t afraid to dish out apocalyptic levels of violence because in her world explosions only leave behind pixie dust, not corpses. Since the show doesn’t bother churning through all the Creations’ backstories and past lives to force their character development down our throats, it gets to use its time delivering on some juicy “show don’t tell” storytelling, letting us bear witness to their conversations and altercations with one another and their respective Creators, their authors, and judge them for ourselves by both their actions and their words. I loved Re:Creators first and foremost for not handling the humanity of its cast with the same ham-fisted dialogue and obnoxious flashbacks I’ve come to expect from anime, but through genuine discussion and interaction. And for this scripting expertise which assumes you’re not so dense as to miss out on the nuance and subtext, we have to thank none other than the legendary manga author who you’d never expect director Ei Aoki to get on board to write this thing: Rei Hiroe. Yup, this uncharacteristically intelligent, excessively talkative, plot-heavy narrative about how our hyperconnected society conditions us to be reclusive and how the pains of our lives can be transmitted through and reflected by art is also filled to the brim with incredible action, as if it didn’t already have enough going for it.

Before you start worrying this anime juggles too many genres with the amount of ideas it explores with the amount of characters it does so with, I’ll just come out and concede that, indeed, it does, but while there is a small time skip, the plot of Re:Creators is totally linear and essentially boils down to a smarter version of any battle royale show of its ilk right up until its finale when it goes all out on the TTGL action I began with discussing. There’s no stupid or barely explained death game plotline underlying the Creations being brought to life, but rather a naturally flowing story in which people subconsciously bring themselves into conflict with one another based on serious and well-considered philosophical disagreements and truly passionate motivations any viewer with even the most modest opinions on society will have no trouble connecting with or investing in. You are always keenly aware of exactly why everyone is angry with whoever they’re angry with and precisely what about said individual or individuals triggered them to fight, because everything always makes logical sense in regard to the plot and motivational sense concerning the characters and how the events which took place lead them to where they’re currently standing (which then makes the rudimentary strategy employed by the characters in conflict seem that much more foreshadowed and smartly written). Whereas most battle royales will prolong confrontations by separating opponents who should’ve had one another in mortal combat, Re:Creators makes itself something of thriller at times—at least in its fast-paced and mysterious opening arc—introducing new elements to the already obscure mechanics at play and already obfuscated players on the field to make any twists, turns, and delays feel less like asspulls and lazy writing and more like an exciting addition to an already creatively overflowing story. Perhaps I’m merely lampshading a more damning issue with the series, but only once all the cards are on the table do the limiters pop off and let the production values of this beauty really strut their stuff.

As shamelessly teased by the conclusions of both previous paragraphs, the action in this show is outstanding, and while action is typically something of little value in my eyes when compared to some thoughtful dialogue, resonant characterization, or deeper themes, when a show has all those bases covered to at least some degree as Re:Creators most certainly does, that’s when the indulgence in the spectacle can begin. Given that the Creations are literally fiction within fiction, their powers are all original and from entirely different worlds, and I can easily see why this might scare viewers away given the natural assumption all of these powers come with their own overblown Hunter x Hunter exposition dump to explain in painful detail their own asinine light novel magic system and how it measures up to those of the other Creations and their own asinine light novel magic system. Luckily, this ambitious monster of an original anime was written by the author of Black Lagoon, who takes pride in giving tugboats airtime and arming maids with shotgun-umbrellas, obviously lacking all the inhibition in the world, and thereby being one who feels no need to stress over the details most shounen anime end up feeling even dumber for for even taking seriously in the first place. He happily assumes you have enough capacity for enjoyment to recognize these are literally fictional characters within a fictional anime, and their powers are from anime within said anime, so of course you don’t know exactly what you're looking at. To top it all off, the spectacle TROYCA effortlessly tosses around is of the production quality which can stand tall next to the best studios around, and given the fact they’re backed by Ei Aoki’s expert visual direction and Hiroyuki Sawano’s characteristically awe-inspiring soundtrack, the reality this is all meant to ride on cinematic punch as opposed to analytical realism becomes all the more clear and all the more fun. It just wants you to take a seat in this rollicking roller coaster ride next to Sōta, our “fish out of water” protagonist who stands back gawking at the flair just as you and I do, and enjoy the ride to its fullest, and the fact the line to get on this ride doesn’t start outside the park is honestly baffling to me.

To explain why others may misguidedly lead you into believing this show is bad, I’ll have to state one MAJOR SPOILER from episode ten, so if you don’t wish to be spoiled, please skip to the final paragraph and finish this review should you so wish.

———

In episode ten, you learn the Creators have the power to change the nature and the abilities of their Creations via “audience acceptance.” They had tried to draw new powers into the story in a controlled and private environment to see if they could alter the Creations in real time to give them an upper hand in battle, but it didn’t work, so they abandoned the idea and assumed the Creations could only exist as they were when they were initially summoned from their world into reality. When a character is fatally wounded in episode ten, their Creator desperately Tweets out the new concept they had previously used to now try and alter their Creation by making the concept public. Once the audience sees it and accepts the new vision of the character as canon, she suddenly gains the power, gets up, and wins the fight. People dislike this show because the idea of “audience acceptance” is used more and more like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann’s Spiral Power as the show goes on, and people see this as lazy writing and careless plot holes, when it’s actually quite meaningful and relevant to the characters. The audience’s passion ends up playing a huge role in their beloved characters’ stories and resolutions, and I find it beautiful.

———

In the end, Re:Creators was conceptually brilliant, and it’s a real shame people who didn’t understand it or somehow failed to empathize with it insisted on characterizing its public reception with undeserved derision. Whether you’re looking for timely, intelligent, non-presumptuous social commentary, psychological deconstructions seated in character archetypes you thought couldn’t be more boring, emotional character studies within a genuinely passionate and inspired cast, or just some damn gorgeous action with irreplaceably unique ideas animated to phenomenal production values, Re:Creators will be a delight to your senses and sensibilities for all the reasons I’ve done my best to describe, and none of this is even mentioning the fact I’ve managed to do so with detail and isolated specifics without even telling you the literal plot of the show. Re:Creators is actually not the standard battle royale you’re familiar with, and is instead a story about a young aspiring artist whose past unintentional actions come back to haunt him when one of our fiction-within-fiction personalities comes down like Lucifer from Heaven boasting a backstory so compellingly horrible and motivations so complex and sadly justifiable, I would never dare spoil them. And as this incredible villain manipulates information and garners the favor of more and more misguided Creations as they’re summoned into reality, she orchestrates a conflict of monumental proportions pitting Creations against Creations which I certainly won’t be forgetting any time soon. I already admitted it’s messy. I already admitted it juggles far too many ideas to completely keep its balance, so now it’s your turn to admit the rest is refreshing, laudably ambitious, and absolutely fucking awesome.

Thank you for reading.

Many of us, especially those newer to anime, consider Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to be among the best, most powerful, and most well-written anime out there, and this final consideration is given by the fact its genius playwright author, Kazuki Nakashima, masterfully constructed its world to be one in which the existence of plot holes was almost completely null and void thanks to the cleverness of a single in-universe mechanic. Spiral Power, the ability to do anything and everything with the right amount of classic shounen fighting spirit, could justify any occurrence whatsoever so long as the characters’ motivations were properly preestablished and consistent. Not only was this mechanic used to orchestrate some of the most spectacular developments in anime history without compromising the internal logical and immersion of the show at hand, but it was used more meaningfully to deeply theme itself with the ultimate display of universal human empowerment and denial of determinism. If the community at large could understand, appreciate, and accept this and install TTGL as the cultural icon it has since become, then I don’t quite understand why no one seemed to do the same for Re:Creators, a show which not only did just about the same thing, but did it in a way which made far more sense.

Re:Creators is an otaku culture potpourri of meta-commentary revolving around Creations, pop-media characters being brought to life by their own prominence in the real world, a measure which is decided by how thoroughly and ubiquitously they and their stories have influenced real people in their real lives—which is something I’m sure you and I can both heavily relate to as anime fans. The show does a shockingly realistic job at showing you in intimate detail how the natural propensities of these characters can be dangerous or dissociative when brought into reality under the right circumstances despite being completely understandable in the fictitious worlds they’d been living in up until this point, like a Warrior who resents our society for engaging with her narrative as entertainment when she was actually there experiencing it as a real, war-torn hellscape, or a magical girl who isn’t afraid to dish out apocalyptic levels of violence because in her world explosions only leave behind pixie dust, not corpses. Since the show doesn’t bother churning through all the Creations’ backstories and past lives to force their character development down our throats, it gets to use its time delivering on some juicy “show don’t tell” storytelling, letting us bear witness to their conversations and altercations with one another and their respective Creators, their authors, and judge them for ourselves by both their actions and their words. I loved Re:Creators first and foremost for not handling the humanity of its cast with the same ham-fisted dialogue and obnoxious flashbacks I’ve come to expect from anime, but through genuine discussion and interaction. And for this scripting expertise which assumes you’re not so dense as to miss out on the nuance and subtext, we have to thank none other than the legendary manga author who you’d never expect director Ei Aoki to get on board to write this thing: Rei Hiroe. Yup, this uncharacteristically intelligent, excessively talkative, plot-heavy narrative about how our hyperconnected society conditions us to be reclusive and how the pains of our lives can be transmitted through and reflected by art is also filled to the brim with incredible action, as if it didn’t already have enough going for it.

Before you start worrying this anime juggles too many genres with the amount of ideas it explores with the amount of characters it does so with, I’ll just come out and concede that, indeed, it does, but while there is a small time skip, the plot of Re:Creators is totally linear and essentially boils down to a smarter version of any battle royale show of its ilk right up until its finale when it goes all out on the TTGL action I began with discussing. There’s no stupid or barely explained death game plotline underlying the Creations being brought to life, but rather a naturally flowing story in which people subconsciously bring themselves into conflict with one another based on serious and well-considered philosophical disagreements and truly passionate motivations any viewer with even the most modest opinions on society will have no trouble connecting with or investing in. You are always keenly aware of exactly why everyone is angry with whoever they’re angry with and precisely what about said individual or individuals triggered them to fight, because everything always makes logical sense in regard to the plot and motivational sense concerning the characters and how the events which took place lead them to where they’re currently standing (which then makes the rudimentary strategy employed by the characters in conflict seem that much more foreshadowed and smartly written). Whereas most battle royales will prolong confrontations by separating opponents who should’ve had one another in mortal combat, Re:Creators makes itself something of thriller at times—at least in its fast-paced and mysterious opening arc—introducing new elements to the already obscure mechanics at play and already obfuscated players on the field to make any twists, turns, and delays feel less like asspulls and lazy writing and more like an exciting addition to an already creatively overflowing story. Perhaps I’m merely lampshading a more damning issue with the series, but only once all the cards are on the table do the limiters pop off and let the production values of this beauty really strut their stuff.

As shamelessly teased by the conclusions of both previous paragraphs, the action in this show is outstanding, and while action is typically something of little value in my eyes when compared to some thoughtful dialogue, resonant characterization, or deeper themes, when a show has all those bases covered to at least some degree as Re:Creators most certainly does, that’s when the indulgence in the spectacle can begin. Given that the Creations are literally fiction within fiction, their powers are all original and from entirely different worlds, and I can easily see why this might scare viewers away given the natural assumption all of these powers come with their own overblown Hunter x Hunter exposition dump to explain in painful detail their own asinine light novel magic system and how it measures up to those of the other Creations and their own asinine light novel magic system. Luckily, this ambitious monster of an original anime was written by the author of Black Lagoon, who takes pride in giving tugboats airtime and arming maids with shotgun-umbrellas, obviously lacking all the inhibition in the world, and thereby being one who feels no need to stress over the details most shounen anime end up feeling even dumber for for even taking seriously in the first place. He happily assumes you have enough capacity for enjoyment to recognize these are literally fictional characters within a fictional anime, and their powers are from anime within said anime, so of course you don’t know exactly what you're looking at. To top it all off, the spectacle TROYCA effortlessly tosses around is of the production quality which can stand tall next to the best studios around, and given the fact they’re backed by Ei Aoki’s expert visual direction and Hiroyuki Sawano’s characteristically awe-inspiring soundtrack, the reality this is all meant to ride on cinematic punch as opposed to analytical realism becomes all the more clear and all the more fun. It just wants you to take a seat in this rollicking roller coaster ride next to Sōta, our “fish out of water” protagonist who stands back gawking at the flair just as you and I do, and enjoy the ride to its fullest, and the fact the line to get on this ride doesn’t start outside the park is honestly baffling to me.

To explain why others may misguidedly lead you into believing this show is bad, I’ll have to state one MAJOR SPOILER from episode ten, so if you don’t wish to be spoiled, please skip to the final paragraph and finish this review should you so wish.

———

In episode ten, you learn the Creators have the power to change the nature and the abilities of their Creations via “audience acceptance.” They had tried to draw new powers into the story in a controlled and private environment to see if they could alter the Creations in real time to give them an upper hand in battle, but it didn’t work, so they abandoned the idea and assumed the Creations could only exist as they were when they were initially summoned from their world into reality. When a character is fatally wounded in episode ten, their Creator desperately Tweets out the new concept they had previously used to now try and alter their Creation by making the concept public. Once the audience sees it and accepts the new vision of the character as canon, she suddenly gains the power, gets up, and wins the fight. People dislike this show because the idea of “audience acceptance” is used more and more like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann’s Spiral Power as the show goes on, and people see this as lazy writing and careless plot holes, when it’s actually quite meaningful and relevant to the characters. The audience’s passion ends up playing a huge role in their beloved characters’ stories and resolutions, and I find it beautiful.

———

In the end, Re:Creators was conceptually brilliant, and it’s a real shame people who didn’t understand it or somehow failed to empathize with it insisted on characterizing its public reception with undeserved derision. Whether you’re looking for timely, intelligent, non-presumptuous social commentary, psychological deconstructions seated in character archetypes you thought couldn’t be more boring, emotional character studies within a genuinely passionate and inspired cast, or just some damn gorgeous action with irreplaceably unique ideas animated to phenomenal production values, Re:Creators will be a delight to your senses and sensibilities for all the reasons I’ve done my best to describe, and none of this is even mentioning the fact I’ve managed to do so with detail and isolated specifics without even telling you the literal plot of the show. Re:Creators is actually not the standard battle royale you’re familiar with, and is instead a story about a young aspiring artist whose past unintentional actions come back to haunt him when one of our fiction-within-fiction personalities comes down like Lucifer from Heaven boasting a backstory so compellingly horrible and motivations so complex and sadly justifiable, I would never dare spoil them. And as this incredible villain manipulates information and garners the favor of more and more misguided Creations as they’re summoned into reality, she orchestrates a conflict of monumental proportions pitting Creations against Creations which I certainly won’t be forgetting any time soon. I already admitted it’s messy. I already admitted it juggles far too many ideas to completely keep its balance, so now it’s your turn to admit the rest is refreshing, laudably ambitious, and absolutely fucking awesome.

Thank you for reading.
I am pooping hard rn

———

———

Thank you for reading.
Based and high IQ analysis. BTW what do you think of the new Akiba Maid Sensou and Eminence in Shadow this season?

I am pooping hard rn
Based and high IQ analysis. BTW what do you think of the new Akiba Maid Sensou and Eminence in Shadow this season?
I’m only watching Akiba Maid Sensou and so far, it could either be one of the best shows of the season or it could end up wasting its potential. Since it’s an anime original, I fear the latter might end up being the case. For however great the show’s presentation is, it seems the vast majority of the impact rides on the shock factor and excecution of its absurd, Tarantino-style premise, but cynicism aside, I can’t not enjoy indulging in the cute-to-cutthroat insanity. It reminds me of Ya Boy Kongming!—another P.A. Works show in the same vain that recently aired in Spring 2022. Similarly enough, it had a premise so silly that you wouldn’t think it would actually work, but it did, and that show was a delight to watch. I definitely recommend checking it out if you like Akiba Maid War :)

Last edited:
Chris Chan is just too retarded and lacks self awareness

I’m only watching Akiba Maid Sensou and so far, it could either be one of the best shows of the season or it could end up wasting its potential. Since it’s an anime original, I fear the latter might end up being the case. For however great the show’s presentation is, it seems the vast majority of the impact rides on the shock factor and excecution of its absurd, Tarantino-style premise, but cynicism aside, I can’t not enjoy indulging in the cute-to-cutthroat insanity. It reminds me of Ya Boy Kongming!—another P.A. Works show in the same vain that recently aired in Spring 2022. Similarly enough, it had a premise so silly that you wouldn’t think it would actually work, but it did, and that show was a delight to watch. I definitely recommend checking it out if you like Akiba Maid War :)
Plop

Many of us, especially those newer to anime, consider Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to be among the best, most powerful, and most well-written anime
Thank you for reading.
I bought a Littner boob mousepad at an anime convention but it went missing so all I have left is the wall scroll I bought which I'm too high-inhib to display openly in case landlord looks in through window