Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The US at one point basically threatened to level Mogadishu to the ground lol

starcrapoo

starcrapoo

I'M TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO GET NO PUSSY MANNN
★★★★★
I just finished watching this documentary on the black hawk down crisis that happened back in the early 90s. I've always been fascinated by this event.

Basically a civil war and famine was going on in Somalia in the early 90s and an American led UN force went in to feed the dying people. At first the people were happy but quickly turned against the Americans for whatever reasons.

At the end of the battle of Mogadishu, dozens of Americans were killed and an American pilot was captured. The top Somalian warlord and the American ambassador to Somalia went into negotiations for about two days and at one point the American ambassador basically threatened to level the city and kill tens of thousands of Somalians.

The ending to this event is what really fascinates me because the use of threats in political negotiation. I'm still reading about the subject and there are those in political science that say Oakley was simply bluffing. Either way in retrospect, it was effective.

"
President Bill Clinton ordered Mr. Oakley to make no concessions in negotiating for the pilot’s release with Gen. Mohammed Farah Aidid, the leader of a dominant Somali faction. Mr. Oakley was accordingly unequivocal in threatening military retaliation if Mr. Durant was not freed.

“Once the fighting starts, all this pent-up anger is going to be released,” Mr. Oakley said, according to Mark Bowden’s best-selling 1999 book “Black Hawk Down.” “This whole part of the city will be destroyed, men, women, children, camels, cats, dogs, goats, donkeys, everything. ... That would be really tragic for all of us, but that’s what will happen.
”"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97OGWTfObQw

Last edited:
I just finished watching this documentary on the black hawk down crisis. I've always been fascinated by this event.

Basically a famine was going on in Somalia in the early 90s and an American led UN force went in to feed the dying people. At first the people were happy but quickly turned against the Americans for whatever reasons.

At the end of the battle of Mogadishu, dozens of Americans were killed and an American pilot was captured. The warlord and the American ambassador to Somalia went into negotiations for about two days and at one point the American ambassador basically threatened to level the city and kill tens of thousands of Somalians.

The ending to this event is what really fascinates me because the use of threats in political negotiation. I'm still reading about the subject and there are those in political science that say Oakley was simply bluffing.

"
President Bill Clinton ordered Mr. Oakley to make no concessions in negotiating for the pilot’s release with Gen. Mohammed Farah Aidid, the leader of a dominant Somali faction. Mr. Oakley was accordingly unequivocal in threatening military retaliation if Mr. Durant was not freed.

“Once the fighting starts, all this pent-up anger is going to be released,” Mr. Oakley said, according to Mark Bowden’s best-selling 1999 book “Black Hawk Down.” “This whole part of the city will be destroyed, men, women, children, camels, cats, dogs, goats, donkeys, everything. ... That would be really tragic for all of us, but that’s what will happen.
”"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97OGWTfObQw

based

dnr but based

This event still reveals a lot about American foreign policy to this day.

If Americans are angry enough they will project power, invade, bomb, and indiscriminately kill.

If Americans are asked to intervene on foreign affairs to save lives at the cost of American lives, America will simply stay out of it altogether.

Shortly after this incident the Rwanda genocide and Bosnian genocide happened and America simply stayed out. I'm not exactly sure about the Bosnian genocide though as an American pilot was also captured in that incident. I don't think America made any threats to invade Bosnia as the Bosnians were well equipped with weapons from the former Soviet Union.

Also I might add, it reveals a lot about White America's domestic policy attitudes towards it's inner city ghettos. The general attitude is to let the blacks and browns kill themselves over crumbs so as long as they do it in their own neighborhoods. White Americans and police just turn the other way so as long as the niggers and spics don't do their crimes in white neighborhoods. Obviously this isn't explicit and not always the case but generally speaking thats the attitude.

Last edited:
America should be leveled to the ground