Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Think yourself lucky if you don't have OCD!

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
It's hard for me to even NEET because my OCD seems to mainly "thrive" when I'm by myself too much.

It gets much much weaker if I'm around other people lots.

I mean, I enjoy being around others more than being alone but I just wish I felt like I had the ABILITY to be alone, you know?

I can kind of do it but my OCD gets v bad at times due to it. I'm trying to fix it though.

So yeah I envy those of you who can NEET without this issue >.<

Only privileged people can have OCD. @Zer0/∞

I Have OCD It's Absolutely Terrible.

I Have OCD It's Absolutely Terrible.

Yeah it's awful and can take over everything if you let it.

Plus I find that the more I start to overcome it, the harder it pushes back.

That might be part of the natural process of overcoming it though and eventually it will run out of potential things to "say" to try to make me give in to it.

Either that or I really can't do this without being around people again and so I'll have to find a way to do that somehow.

Yeah it's awful and can take over everything if you let it.

Plus I find that the more I start to overcome it, the harder it pushes back.

That might be part of the natural process of overcoming it though and eventually it will run out of potential things to "say" to try to make me give in to it.

Either that or I really can't do this without being around people again and so I'll have to find a way to do that somehow.
What's your OCD about? I thought I had OCD for a while and it was brutal. Tell me the compulsions you do and how it affects your daily life?

is forced imagination and facial tension got anything to do with it? im not sure its the tension that triggers first or the ocd like thing

How bad? Do you break things out of frustration

The way I deal with it is to not try to fight and suppress the thoughts that come into my head but instead acknowledge them for what they are, i.e. meaningless garbage. Of course I'd rather they weren't there, but I can't stop them coming into my head. What I can control, though, is how I deal with them. I live alone and conversely I find they're more prominent when I'm around other people - some days are worse than others, but I'm able to deal with them fairly effectively by reminding myself that they mean nothing and that I shouldn't let my life be adversely affected by them.