Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Tired of this crap; NEETbuxx in Canada?

Restart80

Restart80

Mythic
★★★
I'm 30 and when I was 27 I changed family doctors, as my old one retired.

She strongly believes I am on the autism spectrum, without me having ever suggested it. She said she was actually going to bring it up after the first time she met me, but waited until the second appointment I had with her. She wrote me a referral for a neuropsychologist.

She told me that psychologists aren't covered and I'd need to be diagnosed privately, which means it could cost anywhere from $1000-2000.

I could afford this, but firstly, it's not 100% certain I will be diagnosed, though I do think it is likely. Is it worth me spending up to $2000 for an autism diagnosis at the age of 30?

I have been thinking about this for awhile and wonder if it could be worth it in terms of tax credits (like the disability tax credit, or even just the disability portion of the Canada Worker's Benefit), does an official autism diagnosis qualify someone for these?

Note: I've never lived on my own, still live with parents. Reported income has never been higher than about 17k (in 2021). Currently back in school.

Note: Also just for getting NEETbuxx in general, that would be ideal. Whatever money I can get out of being autistic and fucked in this clown society.

Yes its possible to get some government benefits. Talk to a social worker.

If my parents ever threw me out they'd be joan of arc'd

I'm 30 and when I was 27 I changed family doctors, as my old one retired.

She strongly believes I am on the autism spectrum, without me having ever suggested it. She said she was actually going to bring it up after the first time she met me, but waited until the second appointment I had with her. She wrote me a referral for a neuropsychologist.

She told me that psychologists aren't covered and I'd need to be diagnosed privately, which means it could cost anywhere from $1000-2000.

I could afford this, but firstly, it's not 100% certain I will be diagnosed, though I do think it is likely. Is it worth me spending up to $2000 for an autism diagnosis at the age of 30?

I have been thinking about this for awhile and wonder if it could be worth it in terms of tax credits (like the disability tax credit, or even just the disability portion of the Canada Worker's Benefit), does an official autism diagnosis qualify someone for these?

Note: I've never lived on my own, still live with parents. Reported income has never been higher than about 17k (in 2021). Currently back in school.
I was in the EXACT SAME BOAT at the age of 40. Only a handful of places even tested adults and they actually wanted around $5,000 for a complete test. There was no guarantee of a diagnosis.

By the grace of the gods of Incelandia, I found one neuropsych who tested adults and took my insurance. To do this, I had to call dozens upon dozens of offices. I majorly got lucky.

But I'm in Burgerland, so it's a different scenario than the Canadian thing. Downside to socialized medicine.