Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting tried to talk to my family about my problems and they called me a liar

Magicmirror

Magicmirror

fortnitecel
★★
title. i spoke about one incident that happend today about the usual prejudice and hatred i got for being a manlet and my brother said that maybe they were talking about someone else.maybe this, maybe that. and invalidated everything. Imagine suffering, then talking about your problems to your fucking FAMILY (the probably closest people to you in the world) and they tell you the prejudice you face is fake. you're lying

anyway just venting i know im a bitch. i learnt to not tell anyone about anything anymore so this was a learning experience :feelsaww:

Normies are so committed to gaslighting. Why they can't just accept you faced prejudice and hatred for being a manlet. Ah well at least you learned to keep quiet as its futile.

Why they can't just accept you faced prejudice and hatred for being a manlet.
Because that would mean breaking with the status quo, something which they're too cowardly to carry out on their own.

if I ever talk about my problems to my family I usually either get ignored or they say I’m looking for attention and have too much time on my hands. It’s a complete waste of time talking to people who do not understand.

It’s a complete waste of time talking to people who do not understand.
Exactly. And I don't even know why I do It in the first place because even IF they accept my sufferings existance there is nothing they can do to fix it anyway. It's all futile

I guess I believed they would comfort me and let me know I'm not alone or something.

And they wonder why lonely men tend not to talk at all

When guys like us talk about our problems, we are usually dismissed by those we deem to be out 'loved' ones so we tend not to talk about our problems to anyone later on

When guys like us talk about our problems, we are usually dismissed by those we deem to be out 'loved' ones so we tend not to talk about our problems to anyone later on

You...initiated conversations?

You...initiated conversations?
I've talked to my parents about the problems caused by my eczema which is hereditary but they dismissed my problems and gaslighted me

Sorry to hear dude. My mother thinks everything is my own choice.