Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory True happiness doesn't exist, its just neurochemical reaction

uniquename21

uniquename21

Recruit
★★★
I don't understand why do people believe that true happiness is about X and Y blah blah
It doesn't really exist
we are biological machines with biological CPU( brain )
Our emotions are regulated by neurochemicals.
I don't know what people mean by true love, true happiness etc

Happiness is mostly dopamine release.

• Dopamine. Also known as the “feel-good” hormone, dopamine is a hormone and neurotransmitter that’s an important part of your brain’s reward system. Dopamine is associated with pleasurable sensations, along with learning, memory, motor system function, and more.
  • Serotonin. This hormone (and neurotransmitter) helps regulate your mood as well as your sleep, appetite, digestion, learning ability, and memory.
  • Oxytocin. Often called the “love hormone,” oxytocin is essential for childbirth, breastfeeding, and strong parent-child bonding. This hormone can also help promote trust, empathy, and bonding in relationships, and oxytocin levels generally increase with physical affection like kissing, cuddling, and sex.
  • Endorphins. Endorphins are your body’s natural pain reliever, which your body produces in response to stress or discomfort. Endorphin levels also tend to increase when you engage in reward-producing activities, such as eating, working out, or having sex.
its all fucking chemical reaction.
if you can control this you can feel good or be happy

You Have Power Over Your Happy Brain Chemicals

check out the playlist.

Yeah. That neurochemical IS true happiness. That's what it is. So Eat, Drink, and Be Merry for Tomorrow We Die.

You're more or less saying

"water is not real. Its just Two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen"

Yeah. That neurochemical IS true happiness. That's what it is. So Eat, Drink, and Be Merry for Tomorrow We Die.

You're more or less saying

"water is not real. Its just Two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen"
well my point is that people obese with happiness as if its some mystical thing. I'm just trying to demystify this

That is true happiness. Obviously we're biologically controlled in all our decisions, emotions, everything. Our cognitive functions and more. And our cognitive functions are connected with our emotions as well.

And water is wet too.

well my point is that people obese with happiness as if its some mystical thing. I'm just trying to demystify this

I like to think about how my brain is a sack of goo that is capable of understanding that it is a sack of goo. There is something magical about that. It's like somthing magic emerging from a gestalt built of mundanity.

life is meaningless happiness is just a state of mind it sucks to be alive.:reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

Colors don't exist, it's just a perception of light interacting with the eye's cells.
Games don't exist, it's just a bunch of pixels alternating at a certain frequency.
This forum doesn't exist, it's just a bunch of scripts running on a server.
You don't exist, it's just a bunch of atoms in a specific place and time.

Colors don't exist, it's just a perception of light interacting with the eye's cells.
Games don't exist, it's just a bunch of pixels alternating at a certain frequency.
This forum doesn't exist, it's just a bunch of scripts running on a server.
You don't exist, it's just a bunch of atoms in a specific place and time.
yeah

I don't understand why do people believe that true happiness is about X and Y blah blah
It doesn't really exist
we are biological machines with biological CPU( brain )
Our emotions are regulated by neurochemicals.
I don't know what people mean by true love, true happiness etc

Happiness is mostly dopamine release.

• Dopamine. Also known as the “feel-good” hormone, dopamine is a hormone and neurotransmitter that’s an important part of your brain’s reward system. Dopamine is associated with pleasurable sensations, along with learning, memory, motor system function, and more.
  • Serotonin. This hormone (and neurotransmitter) helps regulate your mood as well as your sleep, appetite, digestion, learning ability, and memory.
  • Oxytocin. Often called the “love hormone,” oxytocin is essential for childbirth, breastfeeding, and strong parent-child bonding. This hormone can also help promote trust, empathy, and bonding in relationships, and oxytocin levels generally increase with physical affection like kissing, cuddling, and sex.
  • Endorphins. Endorphins are your body’s natural pain reliever, which your body produces in response to stress or discomfort. Endorphin levels also tend to increase when you engage in reward-producing activities, such as eating, working out, or having sex.
its all fucking chemical reaction.
if you can control this you can feel good or be happy

You Have Power Over Your Happy Brain Chemicals

check out the playlist.
Knowing the chemistry behind happiness does not lessen it's attraction or effects, much like knowing the chemistry behind digestion does not remove hunger. We all want to be happy. Water is wet

Knowing the chemistry behind happiness does not lessen it's attraction or effects, much like knowing the chemistry behind digestion does not remove hunger. We all want to be happy. Water is wet
yes we all want to produce more feel good hormones

yes we all want to produce more feel good hormones
And we all want to consume a mixture of proteins, lipids, and saccharides. But we generally call it food, and eating, so lets do the same with happiness?