Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

US Tip Restaurant?

Sheldor

Sheldor

✡5'5'' 0ÆM X Æ A-0 בבקשה תעזור לי✡
why is the tipping culture in the U.S. so extremely toxic? Also, extremely high % of tips are required, which I don't quite understand.

I am referring to New York:
You pay for a burger 30$ with drink 36$, then add 9% TAX, is then 40$ + they want another 20-25% tip, would be then about 50$

50$!!!! for one Burger!

why is that so expensive? in Germany the TAX is already included in the price. in New York it is only added to the bill and there is nothing on the menus.

and in our country we can decide for ourselves whether to tip or not.

As an Eurocel I don’t even know what tipping is, kek

why is the tipping culture in the U.S. so extremely toxic? Also, extremely high % of tips are required, which I don't quite understand.

I am referring to New York:
You pay for a burger 30$ with drink 36$, then add 9% TAX, is then 40$ + they want another 20-25% tip, would be then about 50$

50$!!!! for one Burger!

why is that so expensive? in Germany the TAX is already included in the price. in New York it is only added to the bill and there is nothing on the menus.

and in our country we can decide for ourselves whether to tip or not.
I never tip unless the previous time i was there was good

its definitely not that bad on the midwest. tho one time i saw a tweet from a guy saying he only tipped male waiters lol :feelskek:

Just consider it another type of tax and practice being low inhib by tipping nothing.

First of all, new york is a shithole where the dollar is worth nothing. Second, in america the minimum wage for waiters is $2/hr. Essentially youre paying the employee so the business doesnt have to.
2$??? thats crazyyy

tipping is how the employer pushes the burden of salary onto you, it's a complete scam
:bigbrain:

One of the best capitalist scams ever invented.

tipping is how the employer pushes the burden of salary onto you, it's a complete scam
Yeah and they won't lower the price.

30 dollars for a burger ? JFL, not even Switzerland is that expensive

Buy most of your food at the grocery store and avoid restaurants at all costs. You can avoid getting jewed by making different choices.