Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Videogame addiction is real and its withdrawals are FUCKING HORRIFIC

Caelus

Caelus

★★★★
I honestly never really thought videogame addiction was even a real thing when I was younger, only something that normies and boomers loved to overdramatize, and I wouldn’t have believed them if I hadn’t witnessed it myself.

I’ve been on vidya since I was roughly around 3 (my brother handed me down his Genesis which in hindsight, might’ve been among the worst things he’d done to me) and only recently I decided to seriously cut back on them (finals and I keep coping by thinking that they’re what ignites my shitty depressive episodes or that my source of misery and nihilism derives from them and that’s why I’m always feeling unfulfilled in life :feelstastyman:) and the first week goes smoothly, but then the second or third week comes, and I get all drowsy and slightly shaky, extremely tired, weird aches and twitches around my arms and fingers, feel like I’m about to pass out any moment, etc. my usual insomnia doesn’t help but solidify it either.

The scariest part is, I don’t even realize what the fuck is happening or what’s wrong with me only until I decide to hit play and all of a sudden, I’m miraculously cured and every inch of my body magically heals on its own. It’s really, REALLY weird and really fucked up. :dafuckfeels:

It’s unbelievable honestly. It’s like ACTUAL drugs, only much less lurid and explicit in a physical sense. I’m not even gonna go about the complete brain fog or how mentally unstable I become but to sum it up quickly: I feel disoriented and make terrible decisions and it’s like I’m mentally just not there.

Seriously, what the fuck??? :fuk:

I miss being addicted to vidya, mogs me if you can still get addicted to it ngl

I went from playing video games at least three hours a day to stopped playing games cold turkey for a solid several months. Never began for addictive personalitycels.

I can’t play anymore I lost interest.

as I grew up I lost interest but still kinda admire it

I remember when I was a teen I'd feel nervous and angry if I couldn't play for a couple days or so.

Haven't felt like that for a long time tho.

I miss being addicted to vidya
The thing is, I didn't even know I was addicted to them. They simply became part of my daily routine, and I thought I could quit whenever I wanted. :feelsohgod:

mogs me if you can still get addicted to it ngl
:feelskek:

as I grew up I lost interest but still kinda admire it
So did I but I couldn’t let go of them cause they were one of the only “healthy” coping methods I was left with, so to speak.

I remember when I was a teen I'd feel nervous and angry if I couldn't play for a couple days or so.
Yeah, I mean I’m an adult (more of a manchild at this point, really) and I still feel that way jfl.

Yeah, I mean I’m an adult (more of a manchild at this point, really) and I still feel that way jfl.
We are all manchild. Inceldom is a legitimate disability.

I feel this, really. There's almost nothing in my life worth living for. Whenever I stop trying to play videogames, there is also nothing to distract from the vapidity and monotony of life. Maybe if there was something worthwhile, something to look away from the screen for, then I wouldn't feel so shackled.

I can’t play anymore I lost interest.

Neither can I. And I agree with OP. Even though I have no interest in playing, I sometimes find myself looking at old games I used to love and wondering if it would be worth firing up again. And then realize that I have experienced everything and anything they could have possibly provided me with.

It’s like ACTUAL drugs
i disagree mang. drug addiction is so so much worse. video game withdrawal is just boredom in my opinion. yea you;re gonna feel like shit if you have literally nothing else to do than video games and you quit playing them. The problem is not having an alternative activity to spend time. go hiking or some shit.