Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Watching TV Shows, movies and Playing video games to escape isn't working anymore.

BrianJian

BrianJian

Recruit
★★★
I used to be able to watch anime, tv shows, movies or play games and escape and just enjoy the fictional world I'm watching. It was a moment where I could forget the real world and my problems. However it's no longer enough, not only that, but now it's gotten so bad I get jealous of the characters from watching TV as silly as that sounds, or certain things will make me angry that remind me of things I missed out on.

If I watch anime like Death Note, I only get reminded about how Chads like light get women despite being evil, just for being born with good genetics and high IQ.

If I watch Naruto I get jealous of seeing the main character driven with a purpose, seeing him with friends, having at least one girl like him for who he is.

If I watch movies that involves parties, I only get reminded that I've never been to a party.

If I watch anything involving sex I only get reminded I'll never experience that, unless I pay someone for it.

If I watch something where people talk about college, I'll get reminded how I've never been to college. I was too dumb for it.

Like I can't even watch anything anymore. I can't even escape.

I can relate to this, it's hard to find a good show without all the chad worship and rape/ragefuel

Tbh you just need to sit back and try to not analyze or relate to the media you're consuming.
Being 100% aware that it's a cope ruins it.

This is why I (personally engage in and) recommend copes that don't involve (modern) media (wherever possible).

Like going into nature (like into woods/mountains/etc.) to hike, like learning about what nature around you has to offer (animals/plants, what's edible/what's not, fishing/hunting), among others. Or learning about history or anything you like.
Gardenmaxxing is (unironically) a good cope, it is associated with enormous joy to watch something grow that you made, it helps with a bit of responsibility too and gives you the feeling to wake up every day with a certain purpose/expectation. If you have the rooms and the money for it (which I don't have) keeping animals would be great/even better.
When you live in seasoned climates knowing where/when to expect certain plants/fungi in nature can give you something to look forward to. The knowledge for almost every country out there can be quite easily acquired via books (libgen.rs or z-lib.org are your friends) and knowing what you see there gives you a feeling of success, you can then see the world through views that aren't possible for the average normie. And you get the feeling of having something solely for yourself, to know that you can do what most people can't and see what they cannot see is good/gives confidence.
If you have woods or mountains where you live go there, here after physical exhaustion some level of catharis can be found within a beautiful view, particularly the mountains are great because you basically travel through different biomes within minutes (what normally takes thousands of kilometers is there seen in a few meters - without any money).
[UWSL]With these passions you are (mostly) unbothered by the consequences of the cancer that is modern so(y)ciety/sexuality.[/UWSL]

Give up on shit like modern TV series/video games/movies or only focus on very old media. Everything new is shit - only aiming for soys/women/various abominations. Kaczynski was mostly right. If not: Warhammer/TNO/other HOI mods are good video game copes and their lore is mostly sex-free and vast. Also music is of course always a good cope, would recommend older music (like marching songs) which are quite catchy and can improve the mood. Coding can help too, solving a certain task can provide you with a good rush of endorphines.
This is at least the way how I personally make my life more tolerable and cope with modern so(y)ciety.
Tbh you just need to sit back and try to not analyze or relate to the media you're consuming.
Being 100% aware that it's a cope ruins it.

Last edited:
For me it comes in phases. Luckily I have such a variety of interests online now that there are always a few things that interest me at any given time.

Video games, shows, films, truth, books, occult, bible, news, fitness, boxing etc.

There is a lot of interesting stuff with the real world power structures that will surprise you. Even to a jaded person like myself. Reality is stranger than fiction.

Last edited:
Part of it is when a thing is new and novel, it is exciting for your mind until the moment that it becomes completely familiar. Somebody mentioned above about finding satisfaction in solving issues (realworld, not some puzzle game). Find something that you want to learn and start exploring it. Creating things will always bring you more happiness than consuming things.

And if you do want to enjoy fiction, take a look to older works. Centuries old, or ancient. They have so far been uncorrupted by the soy media industry.

Every cope has its end :feelsrope:

2A39C0DC 54B2 48EB A473 2225D4AB9D5F

Yup that's the inexperience of youth. You have to practice moderation and balance out your copes with healthy and productive habits or else you will burn out and wont be able to find enjoyment in anything.

Last edited:
That is the life of an incel. Movies stopped being interesting to me around 2011, I stopped watching television around that time also. I actually enjoy studying at this point in my life, because television and movies all seem like Jewish nonsense.

Regular entertainment stopped working for me too.

I'm now coping by reading books about things that interest me. It's been like two years and i'm still dumb tho :feelsrope:

Darkest dungeon 2 is out, You should try it.

Same. I haven’t played a video game that wasn’t TF2 in 2 months and I only play that because it’s the most comfortable to me (10 years). I barely watch films or tv. I put on sports every weekend but never pay attention. I now spend most of my time on forums just lurking, watching rather short YouTube videos, or reading random articles. I just feel like my usual hobbies remind me of how alone I am.

damn I spent my days off just like Ross. The only plus was sleeping in

I dunno, maybe you have too much time in your hands? im almost 26 and i still enjoy the things i've enjoyed before and i must be the person that i know that has consumed the most media. i've watcheds lots of anime, read lots of manga and also played vns/games and read novels too. now i dont have a lot of time cuz i need to do productive shit half of the time, maybe let it rest for a while and come back later.