Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

TeeHee "We want rights, not obligations" in the Catholic church

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
I'm writing about Polish customs, the situation probably varies from country to country.

Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 1 Corinthians 11:4-5

Traditionally women had to wear head coverings, while the men weren't allowed to. The situation was relatively equal: the head covering caused some discomfort in the summer and the lack thereof caused some discomfort in the winter.
Orthodox pilgrim

At some point the practice of wearing head covering was abandoned. Nowadays no one does it, even at traditional Latin masses it's uncommon in my experience. The only exception is winter: some old churches are not properly heated, so it gets cold. Since women traditionally wore head covering, it's allowed for them, but the old restrictions still apply apply to men - they're not allowed to cover their heads. You won't be kicked out obviously, but it's considered disrespectful and you'll get looked down on (by women who usually don't cover their heads! the hypocrisy! ).
Dde97b25be07276def579bfa3ce2cf07382000

In sum:
Traditional: Men are obligated not to cover their heads, women are obligated to cover their heads.
Modern: Men are obligated not to cover their heads, women have the right to cover their heads.
Long live the cultural revolution! :soy::soy::soy:

Modern traditionalists screw things up even more somehow by cheering the women who choose to cover their heads (you're praising them for doing the mere minimum? you wouldn't do the same for men who don't cover their heads).

They are sluts and going to hell anyways.

I hope all foids die of cancer

nice thread, will bookmark and read later

i actually dont care cuz religion means nothing to me
but catholicism is a female worshipping meme anyways

Modern traditionalists screw things up even more somehow by cheering the women who choose to cover their heads (you're praising them for doing the mere minimum? you wouldn't do the same for men who don't cover their heads).
Most trads in my experience are just like everyone else--they're very selective about what they're 'trad' about, and everything else, they use mental gymnastics to excuse themselves from. Correct that they just want the right to choose and not be held to concrete standards.

JFL at the majority of 'trads' who are larpers and nothing more.

That’s interesting

The bible is strongly against women teaching/preaching in churches.

Catholicism under 'Pope' Francis is becoming a fucking joke. He is wrecking the church from the inside; his acolytes are convinced that if they liberalise Catholicism then more people will convert. The thing is, more conservative Churches, like evangelicals, grow whereas liberal churches, like Episcopalians/Anglicans, die. People who are actually serious believers are ALWAYS conservatives/reactionaries because they actually care about what their holy text teaches.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a major schism (1054 tier) within the Catholic Church in my life time. It's just so fucking internally divided.
Apparently, the only glimmer of hope for the Church is that liberals don't have new priests. ALL the new young priests (there are few of them) are conservatives. No young man is going to willingly become a catholic priest these days if he is not a hardcore traditionalist. However, I think that's going to change if cuck Francis allows married priests or women priests.

Is it me or the foid in first picture has pretty wide shoulders

Catholicism under 'Pope' Francis is becoming a fucking joke. He is wrecking the church from the inside; his acolytes are convinced that if they liberalise Catholicism then more people will convert. The thing is, more conservative Churches, like evangelicals, grow whereas liberal churches, like Episcopalians/Anglicans, die. People who are actually serious believers are ALWAYS conservatives/reactionaries because they actually care about what their holy text teaches.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a major schism (1054 tier) within the Catholic Church in my life time. It's just so fucking internally divided.
Apparently, the only glimmer of hope for the Church is that liberals don't have new priests. ALL the new young priests (there are few of them) are conservatives. No young man is going to willingly become a catholic priest these days if he is not a hardcore traditionalist. However, I think that's going to change if cuck Francis allows married priests or women priests.
I’m def curious what direction the church will take soon. Since it has liberalized much more than many of its members

i dont get tradcon mindset

Christianity is dead, water is wet.

Women want to have their cake and eat it too