[LDAR] Welcome to the NHK

NeetSupremacist

NeetSupremacist

Commander
-

Haven't seen the anime in more than 5 years and I'm going to rewatch it, I advise this anime to every incel because the main character is an incel NEET and the whole series surrounds the theme of hikikimori (NEETs). When watching this series I see many things which also happened with me:

Believing in conspiracies everywhere
Paranoid behave about stupid things
Going out for nightwalks

Many more typical behavior for your average NEET, if you havent watched the series yet then I suggest to start!

SoyUnPerdedor

SoyUnPerdedor

currypilled | MMM theorist
-
main character isnt really incel, i still relate to him a lot

yamazaki is the incel.
great anime tho, but jfc it makes me miss the NEET life

i_a_m_i

i_a_m_i

Modcel
-
I agree. It's a good anime.

GetFucked

GetFucked

Faplord Prime
-
I saw it like 5+ years ago too, might be time for a rewatch

Vorbei

Vorbei

Recruit
-
Welcome to the N.H.K is comfy and relatable at 20, it is suicide fuel at 30. The MMO arc hits too close to home.

PotatoTomato

PotatoTomato

Captain
-
I love it.
I read the novel and manga and watched the anime.

tfw Misaki will NEVER EVER exist
:cryfeels::feelsrope:

Gone Coping

Gone Coping

SRK
-
i remember talking about this on /a/ when it came out, i'm so fucking old

seija

seija

Autistcel & Mentalcel
-
I remember watching Welcome to the NHK a while back but stopped around the 13th episode. I may rewatch it again from the beginning. The characters in this anime appeal alot to people like us and I can truly relate with both Satou and Yamazaki.

mybodyisrotting

mybodyisrotting

Starlet
-
It's suifuel when you realize that the main characters are going to make it but you won't

CheeseburgerManga

CheeseburgerManga

Recruit
-
I just watched it for the first time few days ago. It’s really good at painting the shut-in, schizo/anxiety mentality accurately. There’s a moment on the train when Sato starts to have a severe anxiety attack just because someone looked at the bag he was carrying. The mental logic leaps he makes during the scene is one I think a lot of shut-ins, hikkis, etc. have probably made before when in public. Makes sense the author suffered the same issues for a very long time.
main character isnt really incel, i still relate to him a lot

yamazaki is the incel.
great anime tho, but jfc it makes me miss the NEET life
Agreed. Yamazaki is the the real incel. His Batman origin episode is basically Incel 101 rejection. And his ultimate crash and burn at dealing with women is the culmination of all that into one moment. His ending is pretty much the only way a real incel could ever get what they ultimately want in terms of women. Lot of the anime ending was frustratingly a major cope by the writer to me, but I can understand its intentions.

orchis

orchis

Veteran
-
Great anime. Probably the most relatable Anime I've ever watched.
I still occasionally listen to the OSTs.
Haven't watched it in a while but might rewatch it sometime.

wasted12years

wasted12years

Veteran
-
It's pretty good but too bluepilled for me. It was prob 5 years ago since i saw it too.

Anonymous26

Anonymous26

Incel of the Year
-
Mediocre at best, anyone saying otherwise is nostalgia glassing hardcore.

GetFucked

GetFucked

Faplord Prime
-
Mediocre at best, anyone saying otherwise is nostalgia glassing hardcore.
Gave it a watch and it wasn't as good as I remember. That soundtrack is unforgettable though. It really hit me while I was watching.

thelonewanderer

thelonewanderer

Recruit
-
Only soyboys watch anime tbh

RollD20

RollD20

Waiting for wizard powers.
-
I watched this a few years ago, this hits to close to home for me. I am surprised how not much has changed since then.

Algeriancel

Algeriancel

The shadow of the axe hangs over every joy
-
I don't nightwalk too dangerous where I live especially alone in the night. I think it's stupid anyway tbh. I just go up there roof top and light a cigarette while listening to music, staring at the stars and fantasies about my ideal perfect girl.

everythingislava

everythingislava

Vampire neet
-
I remember watching this many years ago back when I was in high school. I remember thinking that I would never end up like this.

Now, that I've been a shut-in NEET for 3 years I tried watching it again, but I just couldn't do it.

:feelscry:

It's making me think about how many homeless people have been kids looking at homeless people unknowing that they'd become one themselves one day.

RollD20

RollD20

Waiting for wizard powers.
-
Now, that I've been a shut-in NEET for 3 years I tried watching it again, but I just couldn't do it.
It hits home hard, watching some of the scenes again made me teary eyed. When I first watched this I thought "Hey there is no way I will end up like this." and now here I am.

RopeMaXXer

RopeMaXXer

getting dabbed on by mоds
-
That anime just teases you with tropes that will never happen.

They should remake it so that no girl shows up, the anime is 7 episodes long, and is just full of humiliating pathetic attempts to integrate back to society. Small hopeful steps only to come crashing down even harder.
Episode 7 is him reminiscing and writing a suicide note. Him roping is never shown for artistic effect.

Where's my award

angrycurrycel

angrycurrycel

Est finita multos homines
-
Only animated shows Ive really watched were south park and futurama

nekomimimodo

nekomimimodo

Spirits and Such
-
Its a good anime but Satou isn't really incel, he did get laid in high school