Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Were the early 2000s a special time to grow up?

Best time period to grow up in

• Total voters
Unhappy-Man

Unhappy-Man

Grey
★★★
I don't know why but i have this wierd feeling that If I had was 16 and growing up in the very early 2000's (like my older brother) things could have been very different for me.
The consoles, the lack of internet l, the genre of music (the punk rock like Sum 41) the limited use of mobile phones. Everything just seems better and more me, I have a nostalgia for a time I never really knew.
Am I just coping or was it really just a better time.
What time period do you long for

I grew up around that time. It seemed less-bad, but that's all I can say. For a truecel, life was still miserable, you were just a "nerd" rather than a "raysisss troonphobic misogynissss inkel". Smartphones and instagram and twatter feel like they've either amped up the clownery of clown world or at least made it more visible. I'm not going to go so far as saying "better", but maybe less-bad. A little easier to ignore the normies.

Growing up in early 30s (teens, early 20s) and die 1945 tbh

I’m going to say 1990s, even though I was born in the 2000s. Things just seemed so carefree back then.

I’m going to say 1990s, even though I was born in the 2000s. Things just seemed so carefree back then.
90s = forced meme by millennials who read buzzfeed

im 35 it was way better than now.

Late better, atleast here, more internet, but not too much

I loved the early 2000s. I was 9 years old in 2000. It was very simple and fun, but i gotta say i was more happy around 2003-2007. Discovered internet, got my first PC no smartphones or any other modern social media bullcrap. Had a pretty fun time in school and actual real life friends.

EDIT: I had real life friends because i was a pro at maplestory. If it werent for maplestory or tibia i wouldn't have real life friends or LAN parties at my parents house when they were away.

Last edited:
Early 2000s tbh you had the best games and the birth of the internet ngl. Dating apps weren't so big either so you stood a chance

1995 was the best

Best times playing Pokémon Sapphire, Emerald and Firered.
As a matter of fact, i made fresh saves to start a new adventure.

Early 2000’s or 90’s seemed so great. Great era of music and TV shows

tbh 1980 childhood and 1990 teenhood

you grow up with NES and SMS classics, saturday night toons, and other cool things as a kid

as a teen in the 90s, you get all the cool 90s things like SNES, and also chances of getting a gf is easier cuz no tinder and no gay feminism shit

also lower standards in 90s, an incel now couldve been normie tier at worse in the 90s

2000s best time for adulthood, you find internet, make vidya from it, and have a good wife and kids and not be some betabuxxing cuck for a fat landwhale with 10 kids from different Chads and Tyrones

t.zoomer

Probably 90's. Golden age of vidya and the internet was used almost entirely by government agencies and weird people.

The mid 90s to mid 00s were a great time. By 2006 the slow decline began

80s and 50s seemed rly good, early 2000s also wouldn’t be that bad, JFL @ the one guy who voted 2010-present

So cute, so many babies who's childhood was in the 2000's and later ^-^. Anyway 90's was my childhood, I can remember Saturday morning Cartoons, the Golden Age of Disney, not caring about girls, all I had to worry about was school and of course my good ole Super Nintendo. I can remember always being happy to come back home from school to play Super Mario World, Super Mario All Stars, Donkey Kong Country 1,2 and 3, Zelda a Link to The Past, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and so much more. I can remember watching cartoons like Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life on Saturdays while eating some of my favorite sugary cereals, I can remember watching Disney movies like The Lion King,The Little Mermaid, Alladin, Cinderella and so much more with my family. I can remember my older brother always telling me, that girls are awesome and I would be grossed out saying ew no girls have cooties lol, then he would say one day you'll like girls and I said I'll never like girls. Oh man such great times. What I do to relive those glorious years before things went to shit with puberty,technological adanvces, feminism, political correctness and other garbage that came along and started shitting everything up.

The world was better without social media.

Early 2000 was Paradise on Earth simple as that, the best years of my life everything made sense back.

mid to late 90s were the best, culture was still good, people were still inspired and creating cool and inspired art, and everything was very positive for various reasons, like the arrival of the new millenium (all of the '97, '98, '99 countdown shit) and the technology booms that were happening with 3d graphics everywhere and advertisement for the internet as this amazing new thing that will change the world

when the new millenium and new technological reality actually arrived, suddenly everything was actually just pure shit lol

Early 2000s tbh. Internet existed, but social media was not invented yet then.

1990s. Everything was simpler and fun. I miss the summer afternoons I spent doing nothing but playing baseball with my father. After 9/11 everyone got paranoid and weird and 2007/2008 is when the internet became infested with normies.

30s were the days

Eh, the 90s were better than today in the sense of media and entertainment. I was too young to care about the social state of humanity at the time, but gaming, TV, and the cinema was way better than it is today IMO.

I don't think cartoons meant for children back then were any better than today. Batman was great, but it was way too boring for children. Well it was for me, at least. My only complaint about stuff for kids today is that most cartoons either seem to be for girls or gender neutral. There is no modern equivalent of the masculine action cartoons of the 90s. Adult cartoons always kinda existed (I loved watching Heavy Metal as a kid cause I was a massive pervert even back then), but they got real popular in the 90s with things such as Ren and Stimpy and anime becoming popular in the west. You could enjoy these newish genres in peace without having some some of rabid fanbase tainting your opinion. If you met someone who had the same interests as you it was a genuine treat.

I would say that video games was objectively, though. Fucking hell, video gaming is so shit today. It isn't even nostalgia speaking. I could pick up one of those old games and have fun right away, while most new games I have to tell myself "Okay give this game a chance, maybe it i gets more fun later." Games back then were primarily about fun, games today try to be some bullshit cinematic experience that I do not care about. If I wanted to watch a movie I would watch a movie.

the best part of the early 00's was the internet not being plagued by normals. I think you younger guys would have liked the early internet a lot.

Late 2000s because thats where my childhood started and thats where I was happy.

Other, simply because it would have been a bit easier to find a wife due to families being very religious and most women back then would not have been acting out like the sluts behave today

The 90's and 2000's were my favorite times. I liked the cartoons and I knew a lot less about how screwed up things are.

I'm an oldcel and that age don't make me get laid, so I don't have good feelings for early 2000's, but society was way better than now.

I liked my childhood(mid-late 2000's),but during teenage years shit started going downhill.So being born 5-10 years earlier is ideal I think(90's)

well i guess so since games were good back then

I was a kid during 2000s but I can't answer you question OP, I have to say that I don't know enough about those periods to give an answer.

The stone age was the best time to grow up.

I was born in 2000 and I definitely have a lot of nostalgia for things from that time era. I never got to experience 2000's internet though, as i only got internet access when i turned 13

50s during the boomer decadent period

1980s for me, I wish I lived in that time, honestly, I'm a huge sperg about the 80s. Also dream about being rich in the late 1800s and having a cute blonde maid waifu who I will marry.

1890s in london was the best you could go ER without getting caught tbh

I'm a wizard, I was a teenager and came into adulthood in the 2000s.

I don't hold any special nostalgia from this period.

I remember the Millenium celebrations which were great, the PS2 that came out in 2000. I watched live 9/11, and thereafter invasion of Afghanistan and Irak (in our school we organized a white protest).

I lived between WE and EE. WE was boring and not really better than now. There was less place to go out, but it was less "multicultural" for sure, safer too. As for EE, it was quite dangerous compared to today, a couple of people got murdered on the streets of my neighborhood, corruption was galloping and everywhere, poor outdated infrastructures, big criminal groups made the news. Today, it's so safe, it's almost boring, no visible organized crime nor violence (it's far safer than most places in WE), ordinary corruption brought to WE levels, construction work everywhere. But, being recently in WE, I still prefer our "monoethnic" country, even with all its default. I really felt homesick.

As for social media, it was much less than today but already existed. Facebook was popular in 2006-7 amongst my classmates, there were plans for Edge-3G beginning this date. Communication by SMS and MMS was the norm, but also the light internet on camera phones, and email. Remember Kazaa/LimeWire? Even before in the late 1990s-early 2000s chat groups were popular, and people were chatting with strangers, much-closed chat groups existed and were easy to create. My classmates had often discussions between them. Internet was slow - 56 KBS phone modem, in 2002 ADSL 600 KBS, next year double. Not yet 4G. HD cameras began to be used in the mid-2000s, and digital camera outran old 135mm film camera. PCs were slower. Smartphones era began in 2008. Online dating was popular. There were less low-cost airline destinations than today.

Other than that, the only positive I could see, the lack of Tinder and like apps, which was much cooler. But, if I was a teenager/adult I would definitely prefer the 1990's and all the changes in Europe during that decade. As you see, for me it wasn't any better. I like EE more, which I find better today than in the 2000s. Let WE rot in hell, it's too late to recover. I only beg my country to never become similar to WE and make the same mistakes as WE did.

im 35 it was way better than now.

I turned 15 in 2000. I've always had an affinity to the 90s. Loved the music and the football was better. although i was a bit too young to go c a lot of bands that are still my favourites to this day. We all already know this, but social media and smart phones in general have fucked up things so royally that i feel for those that were too young or have no understand how things were before them