Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

what causes loss of memorization skills?

Despicablecel

Despicablecel

Major
★★★
Retardation or rotting? I used to be able to recount 100+ names from a topic i liked. There were barely any pauses between the names, they just came to me naturally. Now i'm way worse. I do trivia games a lot and im way slower and have many tip of the tongue moments. Is not being in school and training my brain really exposing how shit i am naturally at memorization or am i brain damaged from rotting?

I don't remember

what makes this even more peculiar is neither of my parents have a bad memory. Unless i got genetic recombed, im severely brain damaged

I forget almost everything that I do or learn instantly, even some events in my life have been hard or impossible to recall

I forget almost everything that I do or learn instantly, even some events in my life have been hard or impossible to recall
has it always been like this? for me, A BIT but i never really felt like i was stressed out cuz i couldnt remember yk. I remember i was on a bus and i was the only one who knew we caught the wrong one

Rotting mindless internet browsing chronic masturbating among other things

has it always been like this? for me, A BIT but i never really felt like i was stressed out cuz i couldnt remember yk. I remember i was on a bus and i was the only one who knew we caught the wrong one
Yes, but it wasn't as bad when I was younger. I think it has to do with the fact that I used to get good grades without studying until I was about 14, which was when exams got harder and studying was actually required. I wasn't used to studying, where as everyone else studied since they were a child, so I slowly fell behind everyone in terms of grades. This and lack of motivation due to bullying and realising that it's over for me led to a burnout. Maybe it's just my subhuman brain though.

Yes, but it wasn't as bad when I was younger. I think it has to do with the fact that I used to get good grades without studying until I was about 14, which was when exams got harder and studying was actually required. I wasn't used to studying, where as everyone else studied since they were a child, so I slowly fell behind everyone in terms of grades. This and lack of motivation due to bullying and realising that it's over for me led to a burnout. Maybe it's just my subhuman brain though.
i can relate lmao. I think everyone peaks in memory in early teens tho.

there's so much shit i learnt in school that i could never learn now ngl. I dont even know how i memorized that shit. Now i could probs do well on tests containing that information purely cuz its muscle memory, learning new things especially retaining information is harder though.

Doing low/no effort, low concentration activities and not doing the opposite. Such as staring at Internet forums and watching short videos on the internet all day. Also, lack of social interaction.

My brain is fried from the above. Ageing as well.

rotting, and especially depression is proven to drop IQ over time

rotting, and especially depression is proven to drop IQ over time
Yes, depression and anxiety disorders fuck up your memory big time. Also drug abuse (including alcohol), metabolic syndrome (i.e. having a lot of fat and eating junk food that clogs your arteries - including those that go to your brain) and not getting enough quality sleep.

On top of that, your ability to memorize new things will go down after ~30. Older non-traditional students do well because they tend to be more motivated - but they often have to put in more effort.