Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment What do you think matters the most regarding intelligence/IQ ? Environment or Genetics?

Which one do you think influences the most?

• Environment

• Genetics

Results are only viewable after voting.
Blackpincel

Blackpincel

Veteran
★★★★★
I'm curious to know what do you people think about this topic.

I personally do realize that environment has its importance, but I think that the natural (genetic) cognitive skills plays a much stronger role in someone's life.

There are a few normie copers that insists on the narrative that highly intelligent people are mostly autistic or can't socialize, but I have personally seen countless examples of socialmaxxed Chadlites and Chads that not only mogs me in socialization (and looks), but were all always straight A's students that landed on high status jobs. So the one simple aspect that diverges the most between me and them is genetics. We had the same education, went to same/similar schools, had the same opportunities and so on.

Intelligence is a very underrated aspect of the Blackpill. And in the same way people tell us, "tehee looks don't matter that much sweetie", there are also people who say "tehee Intelligence and IQ don't matter that much sweetie". Meanwhile I have empirical evidence it fucking does. I would be carreermaxxing and wealthmaxxing right now if I were some kind of prodigy that finished College/University sooner, got good indications, and landed a dream job because of my skills. It would perfectly balance my unattractiveness (inceldom) and I could have money to spare and spend on expensive copes.

Last edited:
Unless you're literally born with retardation or have some mental deficiency, it's the environment.

Last edited:
Genetics always more important than environment (exception of very shit nutrition in some cases).

Most of the IQ maxing is shit is limited,only add up to 10 points after years of effort. low IQ niggas best off meditating to have better concentration to compensate cause they gonna need it

Unless you're literally born retarded or have some mental deficiency, it's the environment.

What about "non-retarted" people who share the same environment, but the difference in intellectual skills is noticeable?

Last edited:
What about people who share the same environment, but the difference in intellectual skills is noticeable?
If you're comparing 2 individuals with the same environment then obviously genetics will be the determining factor. My point is that MOST people have the capability to reach above average in intelligence considering it's something that can be enhanced. Genetics will only take you so far. I read a study a while back, affirming that most prodigies never end up big, but become normies. The reasoning for this being that their peers (average people) finally catches up in terms of intelligence, which kind of levels the playfield. Now, if the prodigy continued the intellectual path, he'd obviously have the upper hand, but genetics alone isn't enough.
Genetics will grant you a headstart but it's no replacement for learning.
Just my opinion, though.

the environment is the most important part.

you put Einstein in the caveman era with no formal schooling, or environmental stimulation to challenge him and he'll end up a dumbass like everyone else; chasing animals with sticks.

anything involving logic = genetics > environment
everything else = environment > genetics

the environment is the most important part.

you put Einstein in the caveman era with no formal schooling, or environmental stimulation to challenge him and he'll end up a dumbass like everyone else; chasing animals with sticks.
I bet only a select number of cavemen figured their own how to make sticks, how to make spears, how to make bows, how to make and preserve fire, how to tie animals and so on.
Even in a world without information, there can be people who differ from the others.

I bet only a select number of cavemen figured their own how to make fire, how to make sticks, how to tie animals and so on.
Even in a world without information, there can be people who differ from the others.
doesn't disprove what I said. only supports my point that the environment has the largest influence on Intelligence.

the average intelligence was much lower even a few centuries ago compared to now. most children have higher IQ's than the average person in 1500 AD and back considering most people couldn't even read or write.

doesn't disprove what I said. only supports my point that the environment has the largest influence on Intelligence.
But the environment didn't play a role in that case, no one told those ancient people to invent things or told how it can be done. Especially isolated tribes. Yeah, some learned from each other within the communities, but someone had to make it first, right?
Probably those who couldn't make something to save themselves died and didn't reproduce, thus mankind evolved thanks to those who actually did shit their own.

Genes by far. A high iq thug may never talk eloquently, but he'll be able to outsmart the authorities. To be a successful criminal, you need low inhibition AND high iq.

Studies show anywhere between 40-80% of a genetic component for intelligence, environment only affects the intelligence of growing children and teenagers. Negative factors such as heavy metal poisoning, extreme abuse or neglect, lack of formal education, low socioeconomic status or malnutrition can reduce IQ at this stage.

IQ is pretty much set by the time you reach adult hood, late teens to early 20's. Individual differences in IQ scores, from a properly administered test are usually only within the error range, which can vary, but there's a 95% chance that your true IQ score is within +/-5, from the score your receive. Special circumstances such as learning disabilities, mental illness, poor health, sleep issues, severe anxiety or over-practicing are some exceptions where your true intelligence might not be captured by your IQ score.

IQ is a cope.