Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR What is a cool language to learn?

RemoveNormalfags

RemoveNormalfags

satirecel
★★★★★
I'm bored as fuck.
It could be fun to learn a new language, but dunno which one.

German, Russian and Japanese

Hindimax
Why learn a new language when most of our english isn't as good as it could be?
I realized long ago that my english would never be perfect. Better to learn a language to a level where you can function. You will never be as good as a local but can come pretty close given a couple years

If you just want to learn a language for fun try Esperanto. Very easy and you can become fluent in a couple months.

English is cool

Latin maybe. Cannot be spoken, but was a subject I liked in high school.

I want to learn russian but it's so complicated.
I tried learning Russian too but eh what’s the point?
I don’t like to travel, I don’t wanna really live in Russia/Eastern European countries and its difficult for me since I’m bad at languages
Learn spanish or italian.
Spanish is better

Learn turkish and talk with me.

There are books for learning it, there is some vocabulary and also texts you can translate for training it, it's a relatively good language to learn because everything follows certain rules. Only the original texts are tricky because stylistic devices are used in them (for example: Roman authors often skip words as a stylistic device and it can be difficult to say what the original context was). It's a dead language, but useful nonetheless.

Helps you in medicine for example because then you don't have to learn everything by hard and know why a certain thing has its name which also helps you with memorizing its function, it also helps with learning stuff in biology because the scientific name consists out of latin/greek words and the terms for certain traits are derived from Latin/Greek words, at least in my country it's extremely helpful for studying law because the first few semesters deeply thematize Roman law. Have actually not done translating since leaving school, but it helped me in Studymaxxing because I still know some words.

Chinese

Just in case

Ive always wanted to learn another language. Maybe to meet ethnic foids but thats just a delusion. If i tried id get lynched or something by the locals

I want to learn russian but it's so complicated.

Russian is actually a pretty cool language to learn. The cases are tough in the beginning but once you understand how they work, you'll wish other languages use cases as well. It also helps that Russian is structured around the way I personally talk, for some reason --- I have a rather abrupt communication style and like to use as few words as possible; it's easy to do that in Russian