Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What is having a job like?

lurker45

lurker45

Officer
★★
I'm going to try and get my first job this summer. Ideally it would be one with basic social interaction, like stocking a grocery store or something.
What's it like? Do jobs make you want to kill yourself? Does it feel long and boring?

I work once a week so it's not too bad.

working at the grocery store was torture

wage slavery is the most accurate description but I've never had a job before so I wouldn't know

Its not so bad. I've been wage slaving for 13 years. Done a few different jobs. Some better than others. Just whatever you do don't get into debt unless you have too. If you're not in debt and have savings you can tell your boss to shove it if they are trying to make you do stuff you don't want too. I've done stuff i don't want to because i had credit card payments to make and its was pretty dire. Although do bear in mind my second job i did used to do a few mildly unpleasent jobs that others wouldn't do and it paid off in the end because after they finished i got my pick of sites to work at and had a much easier few years afterwards.

It's not that bad, because at some point you get accustomed to the job and time flies very quickly.

I'm going to try and get my first job this summer. Ideally it would be one with basic social interaction, like stocking a grocery store or something.
What's it like? Do jobs make you want to kill yourself? Does it feel long and boring?
Stocking groceries is pretty dull, there are better low tier jobs, but still better than nothing. Doesn't make you want to kill yourself, at least way less than NEETing, I think that fucks up your brain really bad

Stocking groceries is pretty dull, there are better low tier jobs, but still better than nothing. Doesn't make you want to kill yourself, at least way less than NEETing, I think that fucks up your brain really bad
And most NEETS are treated like garbage by society. The only NEETS who live a comfortable life are rich NEETs

And most NEETS are treated like garbage by society. The only NEETS who live a comfortable life are rich NEETs
Or the ones with mental illnesses because normies are "understanding" of their situation or in other words don't want you to participate in society in anyway because you're genetic garbage.

It's not that bad, because at some point you get accustomed to the job and time flies very quickly.

Good point. I've yet to be working in a long time job, but I'll keep that in mind.

I fucking hate waking up early and other people telling me what to do. Jobs are for cucks I think.

I left an easter egg on the first reply and I bet no one has found it :feelsmega::feelswow:

I'll tell you my experience, it's hard to adapt to it but at 2 months you begin to accept your boring life of working 8+ hours a day, waking up early and going to sleep even earlier because being sleepy at job it's the worse shit.
Also there are days where the time goes so slow you think that day would never end, that you'll get stuck there for the rest of the eternity but when at some moment you're going back to your home and visiting this forum, like me every day.
The best thing is having money, YOUR MONEY, that you can spend on whatever the fuck you want without having nobody to tell you what you're doing is wrong because you earned it and you waste it like you want

rich neets are still treated like garbage but they live good ignoring the people

It’s boring and terrifying all at once.

There is some mythical unicorn out there that other people claim exist. This unicorn is a job that you love so much, that you'd do it willingly and for free, but you still get paid handsomely for it. For you, stocking shelves likely is not that unicorn.

However, let me tell you from my experience what having a job like that is like. When I was poor and on the verge of homelessness, I worked for a temp agency. I worked at factories, warehouses, paper mills, construction, etc. Basically low-grade immigrant work. I'm going to fast forward a bit and tell you what other jobs I had since then: instructor, driver, tutor, lab technician + manager, research assistant, editor, consultant, others I'm probably forgetting.

Let me tell you, I got paid peanuts ($6.25/hour before tax) working through that first temp agency. But it was the fucking happiest job of my life. I would run around like crazy, making boxes, palletizing, opening product, running compost and recycling, cleaning with chemicals, whatever. I did it all. 11 hour shifts. After I learned the ropes, fell into a comfortable rhythm, and figured out the most efficient way to do every minor task, I would come into work and just autopilot. Smooth sailing for hours. It was like getting paid to go to the gym. I got in the best shape of my life. I began getting called in for overtime, getting paid $11/hour then, working 6 days a week. Manage to afford to rent a house on my own with a pool. Bought all the booze, weed, and drugs I wanted. Full independence, paid to stay in shape and lift things, plentiful drugs and alcohol, all at age 18. What more could you want?

My life unfortunately didn't continue further down that path, but let me tell you, even though I make 5-10x more money now than I did back then, I hate my job(s) so much more than I hated that simple factory job. It's so liberating to just be active all day and not have to think about shit, solve other people's problems, manage people, negotiate, etc. Fuck. I wish I could go back, but now it would be stupid to do so given my current income.

TL;DR: Try to make the most of it. It will get better if you don't resist. Then it will be smooth sailing, and money in your wallet. Money in your wallet grants you independence. Independence grants you freedom. Focus on the end goal and you'll get through the rough patches.

I enjoy my job, as mostly I sit around on my phone. Sometimes I have to do stuff, but it isn’t too boring or dull. Plus, I get good money outta it.

stocking a grocery store or something.

I did this over the summer once, on the night shift. If your place of employment is understaffed, you'll rack up hours like a motherfucker. And if/when things aren't so hectic, it's honestly quite a languid, pleasant job. Just unload trucks and pallets, then move down the aisles putting product on the shelf for 8 hours. It can suck a bit to invert your sleep schedule and you'll certainly be tired if you do happen to work extra hours, but that can even add to the blissful surreality of walking lugubriously through halls of commodities without consumers as the Abba song you hear twice a night worms its way through your skull. I'm not lying when I say I remember this job and, really, every job I've ever had, immeasurably more fondly than my time as a college undergraduate, 'thuh bset yaers' of my life.

Well i got my job when i was bluepilled, and hmm i guess it was good back then. Even tho it is a shit kicking minimum wage job it was good that i had a job.

I coped with that job for a while and now years later in my blackpilled state and still there, my attitude is literally = fire me i dare you, idgaf

I did this over the summer once, on the night shift. If your place of employment is understaffed, you'll rack up hours like a motherfucker. And if/when things aren't so hectic, it's honestly quite a languid, pleasant job. Just unload trucks and pallets, then move down the aisles putting product on the shelf for 8 hours. It can suck a bit to invert your sleep schedule and you'll certainly be tired if you do happen to work extra hours, but that can even add to the blissful surreality of walking lugubriously through halls of commodities without consumers as the Abba song you hear twice a night worms its way through your skull. I'm not lying when I say I remember this job and, really, every job I've ever had, immeasurably more fondly than my time as a college undergraduate, 'thuh bset yaers' of my life.

australiancel?