Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What Makes A Man Unattractive? 10 Habits Of An Ugly Man

THE TRUE DIGLET

THE TRUE DIGLET

Paragone
★★★★★

What Makes A Man Unattractive? 10 Habits Of An Ugly Man​

Last Updated: October 19, 2023

What-Makes-A-Man-Unattractive.jpg

You're an UGLY MAN.
Sorry, gents – somebody had to tell you.
Worse still, it's partly your fault. You've got ugly man habits and you need to change.
Okay, so maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. However, you're probably guilty of at least a few of these habits. So, let's get into the 10 things that are making you unattractive… and how to STOP doing them:
  1. Stress Could Make You An Ugly Man
  2. Not Getting Enough Sleep
  3. Bad Table Manners
  4. Bad Grammar Makes You An Ugly Man
  5. Poor Oral Hygiene
  6. A Bad Attitude Is An Ugly Man Habit
  7. Not Being Creative
  8. Not Smelling Good
  9. Your Asymmetrical Features
  10. Dishonesty Makes You An Ugly Man
  11. Do Beautiful Women Get Attracted To Ugly Men?

#1 Stress Could Make You An Ugly Man​

Stress-More-Less-Hair-On-Top.jpg

Relax. Take it easy. I'm not telling you to be a couch potato – just don't stress yourself out. Stress raises your cortisol levels – and a 2013 study out of Latvia showed that people pick up on this.
Sure, nobody looks at you and thinks, ‘Ugh, that ugly man has a cortisol level that's off the charts.' But when people see a stressed-out man with higher cortisol levels, they instinctively rate him as less attractive.

#2. Not Getting Enough Sleep​

sleeping-man.jpg

What is enough sleep? That depends on the individual. It also depends on the quality of your sleep. You need quality AND quantity. Many people go through life sleep-deprived, and it wreaks havoc everywhere.

0 seconds of 30 secondsVolume 0%

This ad will end in 25

A 2013 study found that sleep deprivation could make you an ugly man. Apart from giving you bags under your eyes, it makes your skin look dull and unhealthy. Make sure you get enough sleep, gentlemen.
In addition to getting a good night's sleep, to maintain healthy attractive skin you need to drink plenty of water, eat healthy foods, protect your skin from the elements, and use skincare products that work.

#3. Bad Table Manners​

Women-Love-A-Man-With-Manners.jpg

A 2014 British study found that 86% of women would turn down a second date with a man if on the first date he showed bad table manners. They're just not willing to accept that.
Why not? Because bad table manners suggest other bad qualities. Maybe you're rude in other ways. Maybe you're a slob in other ways. So make sure that you know and practice good table manners to avoid looking like an ugly man to potential romantic partners.

#4. Bad Grammar Makes You An Ugly Man​

Gain-Valuable-Resources-Keep-a-Relationship-Journal.jpg

Big surprise, right? I thought so too. Who would have guessed grammar was that important? But it is. In a 5000-person study by Match.com, bad grammar outranked everything. More specifically, it was by far the most frequent answer to the question ”What really makes a profile look bad?” Even the researchers were surprised.
Of course, not every guy is a natural grammar nerd. That's what spellcheck is for. And we've all got that one friend who points out rogue apostrophes on random signs. Ask him to take a look at your profile. He'll be happy to help.
Don't have good grammar? Learn it, gents. It matters.
I also suggest reading your own dating profile out loud. It'll help you spot mistakes and give you a sense of how you ‘sound' to the reader.

Also read:​

#5. Poor Oral Hygiene​

Poor-Oral-Hygiene-man-brushing-teeth.jpg

I know you don't want to go to the dentist (who does?). But you need to. If somebody gets up close with you and you have bad breath, gum disease, and a gnarly-looking cavity… it's quite off-putting. Worse still, it's often a deal-breaker and makes you look like one heck of an ugly man.
A lot of things can go wrong with your teeth and mouth. Do your best to prevent them from happening. Take care of them quickly when they do. An ugly mouth makes an ugly man.

#6. A Bad Attitude Is An Ugly Man Habit​

A-Bad-Attitude-Is-An-Ugly-Man-Habit-agressive-angry-stress.jpg

Being mean. Being grouchy. Being someone that no one wants to be around. If you're an ugly man on the inside, your perceived PHYSICAL attractiveness is actually going to go down.
Skeptical? Let me back this one up with hard evidence. In 2014, scientists in China attached different words and phrases to photos. ‘This person is decent'. ‘This person is friendly'. ‘This person is nice'. ‘This person is mean'. Photos marked as ‘mean' were consistently rated as less attractive than the SAME photos marked with different words.
Be nice, gents. Malice is an ugly man trait that you might find hard to come back from.

#7. Not Being Creative​

Twee-Style-In-The-Age-of-TikTok.jpg

No joke, this one blew me away. A 2017 study from Scotland found that if you don't identify yourself as creative, you are perceived as less attractive.
In fact, creativity can offset many other attributes that women normally find unattractive. It's a key indicator of someone who would make a great long-term partner.
Make sure to flex that creativity muscle every day, gentlemen. Like your physical muscles, it'll get stronger if you work it. Keep a journal. Pick up a new hobby, perhaps a musical instrument. Learn a foreign language. Sign up for a cooking class. Do something that requires you to think creatively. You'll be glad you did.

#8. Not Smelling Good​

25-Best-Selling-Mens-Colognes-Fragrance-perfume-store.jpg

No surprise here, gents. Women don't like men who smell bad. Do you have a signature scent? The truth is… we all do. Even if you wear nothing, you are still giving off a bit of odor. People will be able to that pick that up – especially if you don't wash. And 99% of them aren't going to be thrilled that you smell like a locker room. There's a reason we use deodorant.
But scent is a double-sided coin. It's not enough to simply stop smelling bad. Smell good. Do a bit of research on the best colognes for men. Find a great signature scent that works with your natural fragrance and learn how to apply it. As with so many other aspects of style, you can use scent to your advantage. I highly recommend that you learn how so that you don't smell like an ugly man.

#9. Your Asymmetrical Features​

Twee-Style-Outfit-Ideas-for-Men-Classic-Scholar-cardigan-eyeglasses.jpg

We find symmetry attractive – when, for example the left side of a face mirrors the right. If you've got a little bit of a sloping shoulder, or one side of your face droops or is slightly different from the other, it's perceived as less attractive.
How do you solve this? You can't change your DNA, and I'm not going to recommend extensive plastic surgery. I've got a far quicker and cheaper solution for you: dress in a manner that minimizes that difference. If one shoulder is lower than the other, for example, get a little bit of extra padding there the next time you buy a jacket.
You might have asymmetries you've never even noticed, so look at yourself in the mirror and make that determination. Just make sure that you're not using style to your detriment and accentuating something you don't want to.

#10. Dishonesty Makes You An Ugly Man​

Dishonesty-Makes-You-An-Ugly-Man.jpg

Once again – an ugly man on the inside is an ugly man on the outside. The most offensive example of this is a man who's a liar. In fact, lying makes you BUTT ugly. If people know you're dishonest, you instantly become far less attractive.
This conclusion, which really shouldn't surprise you, is based on a 2006 study very similar to the Chinese study we mentioned in point #1. Researchers attached words to pictures. Whenever a person had ‘dishonest' or ‘liar' attached to their picture – their attractiveness levels plummeted. Moral of the story: be an honest person. Follow through on your commitments. Keep your CV free of lies. Don't over-commit. And for crying out loud, if you work at Starbucks, don't say that you're a corporate attorney on your match.com profile!

#11. Do Beautiful Women Get Attracted To Ugly Men?​

Let's break this down and chat about it like we're just having a casual conversation, alright? So you're wondering if drop-dead gorgeous ladies can fall head over heels for guys who, let's be honest, aren't exactly male models, right? The guys society might unfairly label as “ugly”? Well, love and attraction are a whole lot more than just a pretty face or a perfect body.
Here's the real deal. When it comes to what women find attractive, it's way more than just looks. Sure, a chiseled jawline or a set of six-pack abs might be nice to look at, but that's not the whole picture. Not by a long shot. There's this research from the University of Texas in Austin that found that women actually put more stock in personality traits like kindness, smarts, and a good sense of humor. So an “ugly” dude who's a real sweetheart or who can make a woman laugh might have a better shot than a guy who's all looks and no substance.
And let's not forget about the things that really make a relationship work, like shared interests, compatibility, and good old-fashioned respect. So yeah, an “ugly” guy can totally win the heart of a beautiful woman if he's got those qualities. Maybe he's super confident or super successful. Maybe he's just a great guy who knows how to treat a woman right. That's the stuff that really matters.
So, in a nutshell? Looks aren't everything. Sure, society might try to tell you otherwise, but the truth is that attraction is super complicated and depends on a ton of different factors.
And that's a good thing because it means that there's someone out there for everyone, no matter what they look like.
hqdefault.jpg

Also read:​

Previous Post:« 10 Tips For Guys To Instantly Look Cool
Next Post:10 Watch Styles Every Man Should Know »

0b6fc0137f62d9c87d96bcd4af159650

About Antonio Centeno​

I'm Antonio Centeno, the founder of RMRS. I'm a former Marine Corps Officer with a BA in Evolutionary Biology and Philosophy (Cornell College 98') and an MBA from The University Of Texas at Austin (07'). I studied the Science of Style in London, Hong Kong, and Bangkok and have created over 5000 videos/ articles to help men dress better. Click here to discover more about me and our mission here at RMRS.
Ready to earn more money and command respect with the right clothing? Want to start dressing sharp today? Click here to discover The Style System , the BEST Professional Style Course on the planet!

Primary Sidebar​

Click Here To Discover
YOUR STYLE SCORE

Search

Free RMRS Community​

Discover the foundations of timeless style, classic grooming, and how to be a better man.​
RMRS-SKOOL

#4. Bad Grammar Makes You An Ugly Man

Gain-Valuable-Resources-Keep-a-Relationship-Journal.jpg

women actually put more stock in personality traits like kindness, smarts, and a good sense of humor. So an “ugly” dude who's a real sweetheart or who can make a woman laugh might have a better shot than a guy who's all looks and no substance.

Article written by jews for jews

#0. Genetics​

I'm Antonio Centeno, the founder of RMRS. I'm a former Marine Corps Officer with a BA in Evolutionary Biology and Philosophy (Cornell College 98') and an MBA from The University Of Texas at Austin (07').

Bro did all that just to grift off lonely men.

I think there's some truth to that, I doubt stress makes anyone more attractive. But its mostly coping. Women are willing to accept an attractive man who doesn't know grammar and doesn't have table manners over ugly guy who doesn't have those flaws.

In effect those things might make a person less attractive, but looks are what matters in the end. Its all looks.

1). You're not Chad
2). You're not Chad
3). You're not Chad
4). You're not Chad
5). You're not Chad
6). You're not Chad
7). You're not Chad
8). You're not Chad
9). You're not Chad
10). You're not Chad

over for rmrscels, tmfcels, alphamcels,

1). You're not Chad
2). You're not Chad
3). You're not Chad
4). You're not Chad
5). You're not Chad
6). You're not Chad
7). You're not Chad
8). You're not Chad
9). You're not Chad
10). You're not Chad

CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK
CHINK

GOOK
GOOK
GOOK
GOOK GOOK

1). You're not Chad
2). You're not Chad
3). You're not Chad
4). You're not Chad
5). You're not Chad
6). You're not Chad
7). You're not Chad
8). You're not Chad
9). You're not Chad
10). You're not Chad

Literally all chads in the pictures except for the realmenrealstyle guy (I don't know his name) TFD

Chad can do all of these things can he will still be 1000x more attractive than an incel.

You expect me to read this Gaslight? :feelskek:

1). You're not Chad
2). You're not Chad
3). You're not Chad
4). You're not Chad
5). You're not Chad
6). You're not Chad
7). You're not Chad
8). You're not Chad
9). You're not Chad
10). You're not Chad