Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming What Vidya Setting Appeals Most To Incels?

Which Settings Appeal Most To Incels?

• High Fantasy(Skyrim, WOW, Warhammer, The Witcher etc)

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Far Future/Fantasy-Sci-Fi.(Star Wars, WarHammer 40K, Destiny, etc).

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Historical Fiction(Assassins Creed, WW1/WW2 Games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modern Era(1970s-Present)(GTA, FPS games like CSGO, R6S or Cods/Battlefields in these eras).

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Close Future Sci-Fi(CyberPunk, Post-Apocalyptic)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Horror

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Soft Fantasy(Pokemon, Minecraft, Terraria)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DarkStarDown

DarkStarDown

Born to off-grid, forced to soyciety.
★★★★★
In your opinion, which of these settings appeals most to the broadly Incel demographic. By setting I mean sort of the time period it is set in and based on(present, past, future) if it is based around Earth and our past or future as a species or the amount of magical elements in it. I also kinda blocked stuff together, and you can see what they fall under in the brackets with the examples I gave. Also feel free to share which one and why.

Also, by Soft Fantasy, it is a broad category I made up referring to games that have fantasy elements in them, but are not as exaggerated as to what we stereotype as fantasy(Skyrim, D&D kinda stuff). If that makes sense. I know it probably looks weird seeing Minecraft and Terraria alongside Pokemon, but all three games along with other things like Mario, Earthbound, Stardew valley are technically fantasy, but not as what we immediately label as fantasy.

Last edited:
I voted the very top one ie Skyrim and the Witcher 3 type games as action NOT turn based RPG’s (save for KOTOR as one rare exception) are what I generally prefer.

In truth though the overall community and not just this website probably favors turn based shit like the Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger and what have you.

The late president of Nintendo Hiroshi Yamauchi once famously said that RPG’s are for the depressed gamer.

Games like Ocarina of Times and Runescape

I voted the very top one ie Skyrim and the Witcher 3 type games as action NOT turn based RPG’s (save for KOTOR as one rare exception) are what I generally prefer.

In truth though the overall community and not just this website probably favors turn based shit like the Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger and what have you.

The late president of Nintendo Hiroshi Yamauchi once famously said that RPG’s are for the depressed gamer.
Kotor? Awesome game