Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory What was the position of Hindu females in ancient period in Assam (from 355 AD to 1138 AD).

ragequiter

ragequiter

I hate মাইকীs কেলা Assamcel Plays StarCraft 2
★★
As mentioned in Kamasutra and Kamauli Grant. Females of upper class homes (Brahmins and Skhatryas) were expected to be socially accomplished and must have some sort of education and it was duly provided to them. The Kamauli Grant of Vaidyadeva infroms us that its prasasti was composed by Brahmana Monoratha in conjunction with his wife Padma. Sculptures of the period portray females as playing on musical instruments and dancing. The purdah system (a veil which females uses to cover their faces)was probably unknown and the Tezpur grant of Vanamala indicates that females even took their bath in the open. There is no mention of the practice of Sati (a practice where a widow is burnt alive with her husband when her husband dies) in the epigraphs or local literature of ancient Assam. Child marriage was prevalent among the Brahmanas and the Kayasthas and females enjoyed greater freedom from male-domination among certain sections of the people who were less under the Aryan influence or were non-Aryans. Epigraphs and literature depict the life of the city damsels, courtesans and devadasis or temple girls and Prostitutes.
So, females from my place have enjoyed privileged from the beginning of the the time. In the other party of India when a female child is born parents kill them because they are of no use they cannot help them in earning a living but boys will them them in earning as they can work in fields. You might not know but when a female child is born her parents throw huge party. There is a ceremony known as Tuloni Biya or Nau-Tuloni-Biya it is practiced only here in Assam where her parents rejoice when the female has her first menstruation and the entire ceremony is like a marriage where the female gets expensive gifts and the female dresses like a bride. Even the poorest people who doesnt have anything throw a huge party. And I am here 22 years old I dont even remember when I celebrated my last birthday. Even my parents wanted as female as their first child. :cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels: