Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What were the times when women had no rights?

Wastrel

Wastrel

Banned
-
What were the times when women had no rights? How did men find women for serious relationships and family creation in those days? What was the difference between finding a girlfriend and creating a relationship in those days from today?
For example in the 1800-1900 years.

you had a 99% chance of getting a girlfriend because her father would marry her to you even forcefully and she wouldn't cheat because she'd be callled a whore by everyone
(your chance was even higher if you were at war and you didn't get drafted, because all the chads went to fight and die)

tl;dr if she didn't love you stockholm syndrome would do the trick anyways

Well one obvious difference was that the purpose of marriage was for survival or the securing of familial resources, rather than an abstract concept of "romance," (which is, in reality, lust). Hence the balance shifted from wealth & status to a purely looks-based sexual market.

Another was of course patriarchy and the restricted rights women had. Hence thet didnt get the over-inflated egos they have today.

The last i can think of is communication and its impact on mating competition. Back then males only competed within their immediate community, now the range of potential mates (as well as the standards inflated by social media) are vastly broad

How did men find women for serious relationships and family creation in those days?

They approached the father and payed a dowry, to put it simply.

PS. My bad, the dowry is paid to the groom, not the bride. The "bride price" is what I was thinking of. In any case, it was a commercial transaction that could go both ways and in both cases did not usually require the bride's consent.

Last edited:
you had a 99% chance of getting a girlfriend because her father would marry her to you even forcefully and she wouldn't cheat because she'd be callled a whore by everyone
(your chance was even higher if you were at war and you didn't get drafted, because all the chads went to fight and die)

tl;dr if she didn't love you stockholm syndrome would do the trick anyways
In those days, girls did not have the opportunity of their own choice? Was it even at the legal level?
They approached the father and payed a dowry, to put it simply.

PS. My bad, the dowry is paid to the groom, not the bride. The "bride price" is what I was thinking of. In any case, it was a commercial transaction that could go both ways and in both cases did not usually require the bride's consent.
But what will happen if woman don't want arranged marriage?

In those days, girls did not have the opportunity of their own choice? Was it even at the legal level?
i somewhere in the 1980's or 1990's the approach to women changed drastically

idk about your theory, i blame the hippies (and their source: the jews)

But what will happen if woman don't want arranged marriage?
she doesn't have a say in it, she will marry the guy her father selected

the fact that movies and stories about foids running away to chad from her future husband are loved by femoids nowadays shows you how things have changed