Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What would you do if you were a NEET/incel before the internet existed?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Originally I was thinking the '70s but I guess any time before the internet was around marks the biggest change from today!

Just wondering! :)

Much better and productive things than i do now. I would probably read a lot, play an instrument, or even write a book. Now I waste my life on the internet all day.

It depends; in many places hypergamy and rising standards largely influenced by social media would be relatively decreased, so perhaps I would not have to be on forums like this anyways... :feelshehe:

But I guess depending on the actual time period, degeneracy would not have so infiltrated our world, and the economy would be largely in a better shape, so I certainly wouldn't decide to be a NEET; it's most likely copemaxxing would be what I would do until inevitably I became an oldcel and forums like these were created. :feelsjuice:

Dedsrs I dont know my entire life up to now would be akin to solitary confinement

I also simply wouldn't have the frame of reference to understand what things like genuine interpersonal friendship are like and that they can exist since I can only interact with irl normies in a superficial businesslike manner

Also basically every form of recreational activity that I partake in would be unavailable without the internet

Idk, before the term NEET was used ppl would refer to the "40 year old who lives in the parents basement" so they have been around for quite some time tho

I would’ve ascended by now if I was NEET before the internet existed the job market was better back then

Wouldn’t mind going back to a time where arranged marriage was standard. Foids would do as told.

Watch TV all day.

Same thing I did when I didn't have internet for the first 18 years of my life (no, I'm not kidding) - play video games and rot. Well actually, I also read a fuckton of fantasy books back then, too.

Same thing I did when I didn't have internet for the first 18 years of my life (no, I'm not kidding) - play video games and rot. Well actually, I also read a fuckton of fantasy books back then, too.

I'm an oldcel so I had to run a phone cable all the way down the stairs TWO STOREYS just to play Phantasy Star Online through the Dreamcast's 33.3kbps modem, hehe

It was worth it though!

... and luckily my parents didn't seem to notice the extra cable!

I'm an oldcel so I had to run a phone cable all the way down the stairs TWO STOREYS just to play Phantasy Star Online through the Dreamcast's 33.3kbps modem, hehe

It was worth it though!

... and luckily my parents didn't seem to notice the extra cable!
Reminds me of when my younger brother ran an ethernet cable through the venting ducts of our parent's home to his room downstairs. This was when I hit college, and we finally got high-speed internet, due to my need for it to work on my computer science schoolwork at home. Before that, we had dial-up for the longest time, even after it was already normal for regular homes to have high-speed internet, so I never bothered to use it. Never had a reason to, either; I didn't know there were forums and places to socialize. I just assumed the internet was only for looking up school-related things like history and whatnot, or for playing Flash browser games.

Reminds me of when my younger brother ran an ethernet cable through the venting ducts of our parent's home to his room downstairs. This was when I hit college, and we finally got high-speed internet, due to my need for it to work on my computer science schoolwork at home. Before that, we had dial-up for the longest time, even after it was already normal for regular homes to have high-speed internet, so I never bothered to use it. Never had a reason to, either; I didn't know there were forums and places to socialize. I just assumed the internet was only for looking up school-related things like history and whatnot, or for playing Flash browser games.

Did he play games or do anything else that used the faster internet?

Amazing that back then even youtube didn't exist.

There were definitely fewer opportunities to actually use the faster connection!

Did he play games or do anything else that used the faster internet?
I'm not sure, actually.

Amazing that back then even youtube didn't exist.

There were definitely fewer opportunities to actually use the faster connection!
Yeah. I never really had the need nor the desire for it until college. It was something I never thought about, until one day, it was something I used daily.

I would be a bookcel or HQcel.

I played Video games and watch movies on DVD, before that watch TV and play with toys. Not much different from now, now its easier, you can stream and download anything for free in minutes.