Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment What's Your Favorite Music Genre?

Favorite Music Genre

• Normie Metal (Heavy, Glam, Deathcore, Power, etc.)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Real Metal (Thrash, Death, and Black Only)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Normie Punk ( Pop, Ska, Any Band From The 90s Onwards, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Real Punk (Crust, Hardcore and Crossover)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Old School Rap Music

• New Wave Rap Music

• Rock (Specify)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Pop

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Techno, Dubstep, House, etc.

• Anime Music

• Total voters
Sadist

Sadist

Overlord
★★★★★
There is always a lot of music threads but I want to see what the most popular music genre is for us incels. If you genre isn't up there cause lack of space make sure to comment yours. And for rock just specify cause I know there is a bunch of different subgenres that vary greatly in it but I had no more space.

Checked real for prog metal.

Where is classical music?

Anime OST/JPOP/Epic and Orchestric music

Black metal, anime, and classical.

DSBM, BM, CM, SM, NM, e.i. Metal

Why is eurobeat not in the poll?

My nickname here kinda explains it, but I also really like Post-Punk (and all of it's offshoots and subgenres) and Black Metal among others.

Anime and doujin music. But I like lots of other stuff too, from classical to RAC.

Can weebcels recommend me any jpop/anime/whatever music? I kinda want to get into it as I find some of it pretty catchy, but I don't know where to start.
yeah tell me what type of genre of normal music you like first and what bands? If similar I can give you some from my playlist if not lll just give you my favourites

yeah tell me what type of genre of normal music you like first and what bands? If similar I can give you some from my playlist if not lll just give you my favourites
My music background is prog rock and prog & death metal (I've played guitar since I was 12) so none of my preferences will likely apply,

Can weebcels recommend me any jpop/anime/whatever music? I kinda want to get into it as I find some of it pretty catchy, but I don't know where to start.
touhou music or vocaloid

the only genres i don't really listen to at all are jazz and EDM/house type stuff

Would you consider bands like Iron Maiden and Black sabbath "normie metal"?

My music background is prog rock and prog & death metal (I've played guitar since I was 12) so none of my preferences will likely apply,
Here’s some anime OST you might like

The 80's was the golden age for Japanese pop music. It all went downhill in the mid 90s tbh.
Everything i posted is 2010+ doujin and prety damn good. As for mainstream music, yes, i can agree.

Sure.

Some of my favorite doujin albuns:

Shibayan Records: Otome Cute, しゅがー☆ぱーてぃくる, Touhou Bossa Nova 1 and 2
DDBY: Pretty much all of the "Cafe de Touhou" series
REOL: Gokusaishoku (1st Album)
YUC'e: Macaron Moon

Some of my favorite doujin songs:

Some of my favorite anime OP/ED songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slazi2PpYUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwJ2M55vAsw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFbvHnWj-Qs

If you like those you can mine more songs you like on Youtube and sites like doujin.co.

when is power metal normie metal lmao

Death metal and power metal are my favorites, I listen to a bit of black metal here and there but 90% of it sounds the same to me. I like some classical music and I can tolerate some pop songs.

Everything i posted is 2010+ doujin and prety damn good. As for mainstream music, yes, i can agree.

I assumed that everything you posted was contemporary but I did notice that the genre was anime specific. My mistake. If you are interested in Japanese 80s and 90s pop music of various genres, I would have to recommend this site.

http://jpop80ss.blogspot.com/

It may not be your cup of tea though.

Voted "real punk" in the absence of Noise Rock. My favorite stuff is typically characterized by a propulsive rhythm section and heavy emphasis on the timbral aspects of guitar noise:

Today Is the Day
Hammerhead
Unsane
Zeni Geva
King Snake Roost
Caspar Brötzmann Massaker
Dazzling Killmen

...are some of my favorites. I like certain strains of most genres, though, especially Death Metal (Immolation, Incantation, Ulcerate), 20th Century Composition (Shostakovich, Ligeti, Bartók), Rap (Geto Boys, Onyx, UGK), various forms of Prog (Krautrock, Italian Prog, RIO) and Post-Punk (This Heat, Public Image Ltd., The Comsat Angels).

It's a damn shame what's become of Punk in Current Year. It's all either a double-gatefold colored 180g nostalgia mine for torpid boomers or a platform to virtue signal for hipster faggots. What was once a versatile, tireless artform now passes into death in the unsure, manicured hands of Drumpf-protesting soyboys. Most bands to receive attention of late have been the dullest, most formulaic shit imaginable with a hip identity tag affixed. I'm thinking of Idles (oi bruv, woke rugby lads going off about misogyny and healthcare), G.L.O.S.S. ("Girls" Living Outside of Society's Shit, Got Lucky Off of Sex Switching), and a slew of other bullshit. Transgression for the petit-bourgeois.

Search Touhou metal or vocaloid metal, you'll get tons of results
example

try searching outside of metal genre under these categories too

Mexican 80's Ballads

Could you be more specific ? Personally I've always had a soft spot for Mexican Bolero style music, Trio Los Panchos for example. Although that is not 80's lol

@Sadist I didn't vote tbh. I can't pick a specific genre because I enjoy so many different styles of music.

I assumed that everything you posted was contemporary but I did notice that the genre was anime specific. My mistake. If you are interested in Japanese 80s and 90s pop music of various genres, I would have to recommend this site.

http://jpop80ss.blogspot.com/

It may not be your cup of tea though.
I almost exclusively listen to eurobeat, i linked weeb eurobeat because japanese doujin circles are the only people that still create eurobeat. If it wasn't for them, the genre would be completely dead.

FUCKING WEEB BASTARDS OUT!!!!!

GO MAKE YOUR MUSIC LISTS ELSEWHERE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

yup, they are good but super mainstream every normie knows about them
Then i guess i'll go with normie metal. I like lots of thrash but Maiden is my fav.

Also, do you think they are that mainstream? I've never heard iron maiden on the radio outside of concert ad's.

Search Touhou metal or vocaloid metal, you'll get tons of results
example

try searching outside of metal genre under these categories too

I'm more than willing to go outside of metal. In fact, amongst the japanese style music I've listened to, I prefer the non-metal.

Then i guess i'll go with normie metal. I like lots of thrash but Maiden is my fav.

Also, do you think they are that mainstream? I've never heard iron maiden on the radio outside of concert ad's.
Yeah they are mainstream just off of their popularity. Look at how everyone wears their band shirts even tho they don't listen to it.

FUCKING WEEB BASTARDS OUT!!!!!

GO MAKE YOUR MUSIC LISTS ELSEWHERE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:
Lol sorry I thought this would be a good place to ask :feelsautistic:

Lol sorry I thought this would be a good place to ask :feelsautistic:
I shouldn't have even put that as an option tbh, you bastards always take over threads with all that gay shit :rage:

cause it ain't brutal

lol when I think of thrash metal I think of guys who just started listening to metal yesterday

when i think of black metal i think of twinks on 4chan who want to wear all black but not be considered emo

when i think of death metal i think of douche bags with beards and holes in their ears

when i think of power metal i think of autistic neckbeards who play warhammer 40k

My nickname here kinda explains it, but I also really like Post-Punk (and all of it's offshoots and subgenres) and Black Metal among others.

Nice! You ever hear of Nice Strong Arm? Their final album, Stress City, has had me transfixed for a few months now. Imagine Sonic Youth firing Kim Gordon and trying to ape Echo and the Bunnymen, with a markedly Lynchian undertone. Here's the title track:

If you're into Shoegaze, Post-Punk, and Black Metal, I'm going to also advise that you check these guys out:

Would you consider bands like Iron Maiden and Black sabbath "normie metal"?

I would. Nothing wrong with it; a lot of great bands (I'd be willing to say all of them) have a sizable contingent of their fanbase composed of dumbfucks, whether of these are of the 'underground' or mainstream persuasion.

I'd count Slayer, Metallica, Motörhead, and Pantera as normie metal too. Doesn't mean they're not good.

Nice! You ever hear of Nice Strong Arm? Their final album, Stress City, has had me transfixed for a few months now. Imagine Sonic Youth firing Kim Gordon and trying to ape Echo and the Bunnymen, with a markedly Lynchian undertone. Here's the title track:

If you're into Shoegaze, Post-Punk, and Black Metal, I'm going to also advise that you check these guys out:

I would. Nothing wrong with it; a lot of great bands (I'd be willing to say all of them) have a sizable contingent of their fanbase composed of dumbfucks, whether of these are of the 'underground' or mainstream persuasion.

I'd count Slayer, Metallica, Motörhead, and Pantera as normie metal too. Doesn't mean they're not good.

rip slayer :feelsrope:

This is what I'm jamming to right now :lul:

@Broken Man @Sp1c_Charlie

and at @Weirdcel too since you're a beaner too kek

lol heard this song on the radio before. "tonta"

Mostly listen to nu metal but some Mexican music is good

This bitch is one of my favorites

Not bad. lol @ that groups name though. Doesn't the word Mojado mean wet in Spanish and is it not used as a slang word for wetbacks ?

@Weirdcel Yeah she's pretty good. Some Ranchera music is pretty good. But Banda is absolute shit and sounds like circus music to me. lol

Last edited:
lol heard this song on the radio before. "tonta"

Mostly listen to nu metal but some Mexican music is good

This bitch is one of my favorites

This is the music that is always played in Mexican grocery stores kek.

She's hot af too

Not bad. lol @ that groups name though. Doesn't the word Mojado mean wet in Spanish and is it not used as a slang word for wetbacks ?
Yeah but I don't think they picked that name for the racial slur kek
Here is another one of their hits:

anything with a nice instrumental /dark sounding/ or lofi /electronic/ calming soung/ hard hitting rap instrumentals / trap music / goth rap / cloud rap / alternative r&b / SESH etc.

She's hot af too
So beautiful and talented as well

@Broken Man
What about norteno? Can't deny that accordion, the bass, the drums

I agree with you on Banda. It's kind of boring to me.

Ambient rock.