Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

what's your reading speed?

• Thread starter Truefaitholdorder
  • Start date
slow, 1 w per hour, that's why I hate tldr posts

Trucel trait : you have a short attention span

image.png

My typing speed is relatively lower, at around 76WPM.
wow nice,thats actually really fast for your first time.Most speed readers read comfortably at around 600 wmp with almost full comprehension.

600 with full comprehension? Bloody hell.
I was considering improving my typing speed, possibly up to and past 100WPM. But I am not sure if it is worth it, especially as I am not expecting my job to be contingent on whether I can type super-fast or not.
yeah I read that at 600wpm ,speed readers have like 90 percent comprehension and at 900-1000wpm is about the max reading speed anyone can achieve realistically but at that point all your doing is just skimming and learning about the main points in a passage.

You should try this out if you wanna improve your wpm

alternatively you can also use this program that allows for more customization( font,full screen etc.)

Is this a personal endeavour of yours, to increase your reading speed? I didn't even realise this was a skill that could be worked upon. Quite fun. Thanks for the resources.
no problem man,and yeah I made a goal to increase my reading speed since I finally got back into reading after 7 years of not touching a single book ever since I dropped out of highschool and became a NEET.There's alot of stuff I wanna read but I found my reading speed and comprehension lacking,so I'm trying to improve upon both.

I have a vivid memory of bragging to a girl that I could read fast in elementary school lol. Also 731 wpm