Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

When and how anime became normiefied?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I remember in the 2000s and early 2010s watching anime was an incel trait and you were mocked or bullied for it. However nowadays anime is super popular and it's socially acceptable to watch it. In the fandoms of anime like Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Chainsaw Man, etc. you see tons of normies enjoying those shows. Also I've seen some normies were anime shirts or in anime conventions while there are still many incel tier guys, there are also tons of normies and the occasional Chad. How did things change so much? Was it when anime became available on Netflix, normies gave it a try and saw it was good? Is it something that started ironically (like the MLP fandom) but then they enjoyed it and became true fans?

I cant even find one good anime with a normal setting and non magic power, A strong male character with a pistol, There is always some loli crap or some kind of magic or whatever BS and i hate it, I just want to watch the vietnam war or WW2 anime like the COCKPIT where you can see the CHERRY BLOSSOM human propelled bomb!

Anime was always mainstream here in spaghettiland.

File

But in general, i think it's simply because anime has become far more accessible. The ironic weeb phenomenon is more of an effect rather than the cause. Normies were afraid of being shamed for enjoying anime, so they tried to present it as something "ironic" (i think)

I remember in the 2000s and early 2010s watching anime was an incel trait and you were mocked or bullied for it. However nowadays anime is super popular and it's socially acceptable to watch it. In the fandoms of anime like Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Chainsaw Man, etc. you see tons of normies enjoying those shows. Also I've seen some normies were anime shirts or in anime conventions while there are still many incel tier guys, there are also tons of normies and the occasional Chad. How did things change so much? Was it when anime became available on Netflix, normies gave it a try and saw it was good? Is it something that started ironically (like the MLP fandom) but then they enjoyed it and became true fans?
Most normgroids watch anime because their friends are watching it. They cannot discover anything on their own they need someone to do it for them to follow it like a herd. This is why every normgroid watches same 5-6 anime's (naruto, AoT, chainsawman etc)

It happend at the same time with the boom in gaming and it was exatly at that point when games have gone shit

It happend at the same time with the boom in gaming and it was exatly at that point when games have gone shit
High iq normies came and turned it to shits thats why gatekeeping is good or everything you like will be turned to shit

everything that's bad in modern world started around 2010, so i guess around same time normies started flocking over to anime like mad sheeple they are and it started getting over

Most normgroids watch anime because their friends are watching it. They cannot discover anything on their own they need someone to do it for them to follow it like a herd. This is why every normgroid watches same 5-6 anime's (naruto, AoT, chainsawman etc)

true
in the past watching anime was a nerd and a pedophile trait and only losers in their twenties and thersites still watch that shit.
it was seen as a kiddie cartoon and everyone who watch it still have some lost childhood inside of him but now it seems that youtube, jewflix and other platforms have made it more accessible plus hentai made it more popular

I've read this before. Copy pasta?

I don't know how, but it will be the end of a good cope that's for sure.

Normalfags already ruined video games. And now after the ruin of western enterntainment in general, they try to go after eastern enterntainment too.

I already saw online posts of people complaining about a lack of strong women in anime, too much sexualization which panders to the "male fantasy", too unrealistic bodytypes, the existence of lolicon, lack of people of color in anime etc.

We all know how this will end:feelsbadman:

Everything that becomes popular and mainstream becomes shit

And it really pisses me off when I hear Chad talking about anime.

For real men's anime: blackcels watched it, then black normies and Tyrone started watching it, then white normies and Chad started watching it because non-incel blacks watched it, then foids joined in for attention from men and also a chance with chad and tyrone.

For fag type anime: soycels, fags, and low tier foids watched it, then regular foids watched it, Globalhomo supports it.

Boom in internet culture/usage and normies discovering boiler plate anime or content and thinking it’s the greatest shit ever

Boom in internet culture/usage and normies discovering boiler plate anime or content and thinking it’s the greatest shit ever
anime got popular with nerds in the nineties which was the onset of internet culture before the normiepocalypse in 2007 and then streaming allowed for jap shows to simulcast so you didn't have to rely on pirating to get shows as they aired