Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Which is better, yugioh or magic the gathering

coping_manlet

coping_manlet

Admiral
★★★★★
Do any of you play either?

Beating foids is better

I think yugioh has worse power creep, but I've only ever played MTG a bit.

Fun thread — I fucking love Yugioh but it also has massive problems that will probably never be fixed (barring some community led formats or a community operated ban list etc).

The issue with modern Yugioh is that power creep is fucking ridiculous even compared to other TCGs (they all basically struggle with it) and also that the game has become so fast now that games are often decided within the first round of play. This has the knock on effect of making most traditional traps a lot weaker unless they’re the modern hand trap type and that’s never really sat well with me.

Yugioh is very fun but only assuming you’re playing a roughly similarly tiered deck as your opponent and not getting blown the fuck out by Kashtira or Tearlaments or whatever bullshit.

As a casual game with friends though it rocks imo.

Magic is sort of a good balance of complexity while historically trying somewhat to maintain power levels (though they’ve gotten worse about it in recent years no doubt).

Hearthstone was really fun years ago but Blizzard ran it into the ground imo. These companies all chase short term profits over the long term health and stability of their game which is why power creep basically ruins every TCG eventually. That said I love TCGs during their prime lol

yu gi oh but new yu gi oh where you summon 100 cards in the same round is kinda shit

Magic has gone woke. Yu-Gi-Oh has not.
Yu-Gi-Oh.

@Intellau_Celistic Thoughts?

Yugioh has anime waifu cards

Mtg mostly has western style fantasy waifu cards that are infected by feminism (unattractive body, shaved hair etc.) although recently also had some high tier anime waifu cards

I think because mtg appeals to an older demographic the waifus have the potential to be sexier and sometimes are (again, not recently), and this isn’t seen in yugioh although the yugioh anime waifus are cuter generally.

Yugioh is boomer-favored. If you want a true suifuel experience, you need to play Hearthstone.

Fun thread — I fucking love Yugioh but it also has massive problems that will probably never be fixed (barring some community led formats or a community operated ban list etc).

The issue with modern Yugioh is that power creep is fucking ridiculous even compared to other TCGs (they all basically struggle with it) and also that the game has become so fast now that games are often decided within the first round of play. This has the knock on effect of making most traditional traps a lot weaker unless they’re the modern hand trap type and that’s never really sat well with me.

Yugioh is very fun but only assuming you’re playing a roughly similarly tiered deck as your opponent and not getting blown the fuck out by Kashtira or Tearlaments or whatever bullshit.

As a casual game with friends though it rocks imo.

Magic is sort of a good balance of complexity while historically trying somewhat to maintain power levels (though they’ve gotten worse about it in recent years no doubt).

Hearthstone was really fun years ago but Blizzard ran it into the ground imo. These companies all chase short term profits over the long term health and stability of their game which is why power creep basically ruins every TCG eventually. That said I love TCGs during their prime lol
I’m sure at a highly competitive level the power creeps make games barely last a few turns.

I’m more taking going to play At your local card shop on a Saturday night instead of rotting alone on .is. Not sure if it’s as applicable but maybe it is. I just want a fun (non-athletic based) game to play irl

Magic the gathering

Yugioh has anime waifu cards

Mtg mostly has western style fantasy waifu cards that are infected by feminism (unattractive body, shaved hair etc.) although recently also had some high tier anime waifu cards

I think because mtg appeals to an older demographic the waifus have the potential to be sexier and sometimes are (again, not recently), and this isn’t seen in yugioh although the yugioh anime waifus are cuter generally.
Yeah Wizards of the Coast are actual extremists in how far left they are lmao

Recently they were talking about getting rid of the term Druid in DnD, they made Aragorn black in MTG, and they even started removing race modifiers in 5e because they’re so pozzed that they no longer understand their own game. Their designers are legit soyboys.

We may be failures but at least we’re not self flagellating feminist California retards. Honestly California as a whole needs to fall off into the ocean and take their dogshit ideology with them.

White liberals hate their own kind and their own heritage despite that heritage having a lot to be proud of. They also hate men then are surprised Pikachu face when men start to hate them right back. Wokeness is an art killing disease.

Last edited:
Yeah Wizards of the Coast are actual extremists in how far left they are lmao

Recently they were talking about getting rid of the term Druid in DnD, they made Aragorn black in MTG, and they even started removing race modifiers in 5e because they’re so pozzed that they no longer understand their own game. Their designers are legit soyboys.

We may be failures but at least we’re not self flagellating feminist California retards. Honestly California as a whole needs to fall off into the ocean and take their dogshit ideology with them.

White liberals hate their own kind and their own heritage despite that heritage having a lot to be proud of. They also hate men then are surprised Pikachu face when men start to hate them right back. Wokeness is an art killing disease.
First off, thanks for giving a serious and high effort reply to my trash-tier (but effortful) post that was all about waifus

I honestly didn’t mind black Aragorn. I’m not white so maybe I don’t have the same territorial instinct or feelings about it. Also, a massive amount of other fantasy franchise characters are white, so I didn’t really feel bad for whites about this, and also it’s just for one mtg set, not forever. But that being said, the constant virtue signaling is pretty fucking annoying and also a huge problem.

The feminism pisses me off big time though. I didn’t know about the changes to druids. I heard about race modifier things.

California seems like a terrible place. Hopefully more companies leave and establish themselves in right leaning states, and can diversify (lol, irony) their staff a little more which I would hope would reduce the amount of feminism.

Mtg used to have beautiful fantasy art, and even art that was of very different styles but still really striking and just nice to look at and appreciate. I can’t stand the fat women or women with shaved heads and shit now.

There have been some anime waifus in recent sets though, it looks like they get Japanese or other East Asian artists for them too which is cool. And for now, they still seem to reflect normal female beauty.

I am interested in ripping open yugioh packs for waifus though. I asked someone on here recently what kinds he’d recommend, I need to go see what he said. Unfortunately I’m kind of broke these days.

Yugioh is boomer-favored. If you want a true suifuel experience, you need to play Hearthstone.
Do you play? Also are there waifus in that? I played casually for maybe a year or two when it came out.

Do you play? Also are there waifus in that? I played casually for maybe a year or two when it came out.
Occasionally. I was a bit of an addict but not anymore thankfully. Call me crazy, but TES Legends mogged tbh. :feelsohh:

Needless to say, I recommend neither of them. Stay away from f2p & p2w at all cost. :feelsokman:

Yugioh > all

As others have said, the power creep is insane, but it still is the most fun I’ve had playing a card game

First off, thanks for giving a serious and high effort reply to my trash-tier (but effortful) post that was all about waifus

I honestly didn’t mind black Aragorn. I’m not white so maybe I don’t have the same territorial instinct or feelings about it. Also, a massive amount of other fantasy franchise characters are white, so I didn’t really feel bad for whites about this, and also it’s just for one mtg set, not forever. But that being said, the constant virtue signaling is pretty fucking annoying and also a huge problem.

The feminism pisses me off big time though. I didn’t know about the changes to druids. I heard about race modifier things.

California seems like a terrible place. Hopefully more companies leave and establish themselves in right leaning states, and can diversify (lol, irony) their staff a little more which I would hope would reduce the amount of feminism.

Mtg used to have beautiful fantasy art, and even art that was of very different styles but still really striking and just nice to look at and appreciate. I can’t stand the fat women or women with shaved heads and shit now.

There have been some anime waifus in recent sets though, it looks like they get Japanese or other East Asian artists for them too which is cool. And for now, they still seem to reflect normal female beauty.

I am interested in ripping open yugioh packs for waifus though. I asked someone on here recently what kinds he’d recommend, I need to go see what he said. Unfortunately I’m kind of broke these days.
Good comment man, I should clarify my stance on the race swapping stuff is just that you should always go with the original design intent. This cuts both ways of course. For example if they make a Static Shock or Blade movie obviously those characters would be black because that’s the source material. If they made a Shadow Warrior film adaptation then Lo Wang being some white guy would be fucking retarded.

That’s my issue, these people hate that Tolkien was a white man from Britain that set his universe in such a way that the main cast were Caucasian. But they aren’t even consistent about that kind of thing — few wokies complained when Sekiro was all Japanese nor should they (god forbid Japanese people make a game where the cast is all Japanese). If an African film comes out where everyone’s black nobody woke will complain (nor should they) — same for when American films come out with a black cast.

But they hypocritically change it out of spite and resentment or to get a rise out of people or for the “virtue signal brownie points” when it suits their personal “progressive” prejudice. It’s wrong, imagine if they had recast Black Panther as some Russian guy. Miles morales is the correct way to go — just make a new character. Anyway that’s my opinion. They clearly don’t respect the original vision for the character and they could just make their own new art instead rather than misrepresenting LotR.

Last edited:
pokemon cuz no one plays it and you just have to sell the cards and feed them to autistic pokemon fans

Last edited:

Side note I KEK’d at your company diversity joke in there lol. That’s another piece of bullshit all these companies espousing the value of “diversity” have. They only want surface level skin color diversity or gender identity “diversity”. Actual diversity in terms of right leaning people that disagree their worldview they want as far away as possible. I too am pretty broke these days, what can you do eh? There seem to be no decent jobs willing to hire me at the moment RIP.

Yugioh has some awesome waifu cards for sure. The OG Silent Magician card art is still one a the best imo.

Do any of you play either?
I played yugioh competitively from 2012 to 2017 (Locals only).
Nowadays I only collect yugioh cards as one of my hobbies (I have a binder with 2K USD worth of cards in it).

I play MTG from time to time, but I don't like it as much.