Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Who here subscribes to genetic determinism?

Is everything in life determined by your genes and your environment?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lv99_BixNood

Lv99_BixNood

fascel
★★★★★
Everything in life is pre-determined by your genes and your environment. Free will is but an illusion.

Depends, you could win the lottery and not be broke anymore. but for the mostpart yes, things are determined right after youre born

yes 80% agree

Everything in life is pre-determined by your genes and your environment. Free will is but an illusion.

Depends on what you mean by determinism (like how far are you taking it)

Do you mean whats within your capabilities (for the most part, yes I agree)

Do mean every single thing you will think, say or do, down to every blink of your eyes to every food craving ("I want pizza today"), etc, then I'd say that's bullshit

Your genetics (nor environment) has nothing to do with all of those variables, a lot of things in life involve you being self aware and making a conscious decision

Depends on what you mean by determinism (like how far are you taking it)

Do you mean whats within your capabilities (for the most part, yes I agree)

Do mean every single thing you will think, say or do, down to every blink of your eyes to every food craving ("I want pizza today"), etc, then I'd say that's bullshit

Your genetics (nor environment) has nothing to do with all of those variables, a lot of things in life involve you being self aware and making a conscious decision
Well-elaborated.

Everything comes down to a chain of cause and effect. This includes your own thoughts and actions meaning that everything can only happen one way. There is no room for free will

No

I think a lot of things are situational

I don’t think genetics dictates all but it controls a lot

It's about genetics & environment. Put someone on earth with the same genetics (brain etc) and environment (parents, whatever trauma was inflicted on me during childhood/developmental years, etc) and I believe they would have ended up exactly like me.

We have so little control it's not even funny. But normies will cope by saying we always have a choice if we want to become successful, we just need to "man up" or whatever. It's kind of a scary thought to admit you have no control and this existence is pretty much meaningless unless you copemaxx and give it "meaning" via religion or something else.

Last edited:
yep, you are not thing more then your set of genes and memories reacting to your environment.