Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Who is the most enlightened philosopher?

Who is the most right?

• Immanuel Kant

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • René Descartes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arthur Schopenhauer

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Friedrich Nietzsche

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • John Locke

• Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

• Socrates

• Søren Kierkegaard

• Michel Foucault

• Other

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
Jmax

Jmax

captive elephant
★★
I suspect most will select Schopenhauer as his views are well-known and espoused by many here already. Is there another philosophy you believe to be either more logical or beneficial? Perhaps the most enlightened ones are those who hold steadfast in seeking truth when the whole world denies it.

Olavo de carvalho

This is an impossible thing to measure. WTF is "most enlightened"? How do you define it even?

Most of them are entry level philosophers with midwit logic.

Most of them are entry level philosophers with midwit logic.
That is true, but if I used names no one recognized, the poll would be useless.
This is an impossible thing to measure. WTF is "most enlightened"? How do you define it even?
It's a qualitative assessment, not a measured one. Essentially I am asking whose contributions to philosophy you prefer, for whatever reason.

It's a qualitative assessment, not a measured one. Essentially I am asking whose contributions to philosophy you prefer, for whatever reason.
The collection of ancient Greek philosophers have established a very strong foundation for later philosophers, but it's still tough to pick just one.

Definitely Schopenhauer. One of my favourite philosophers.

Descartes is simply super interesting and unique.

Actually, the proponents of ancient skepticism look interesting. A unique philosophy and even more unique lifestyle/practical life advice (google 'epoche')

Boojies mogss

Quote it is better for a girl to marry in such a time when she would begin menstruation at ruh

As a blackpilled i have to vote for Nietzsche.

That question simply doesn't make any sense, but if I had to choose, I would say Plato because platonism as in idealism is the only path in philosophy worth pursuing and all other great names of philosophy can be actually considered platonists (Schelling, Hegel etc.).

Slavoj Žižek

St. Thomas Aquinas. Aristotle is giga based too.