Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why is anime so NT nowadays?

YBP Yxngcel

YBP Yxngcel

Neurodivergent
★★★
Black people are watching it,its now very popular amongst normies. Even rappers mention references to anime in their songs. Remember it was seen as a nerdy thing to do. Why is it so popular in NT media nowadays?

they infested all our passions

Internet culture become the mainstream. Anime is part of it. Ive seen recently gun channels using terms like "gigachad" and "based" and "MosinPilled"

animecels are closet faggot imo

Nerds and weebs being ahead of their time. This cultural pattern keeps on repeating: Nerds/outcasts create some unique art form or media > normies shit on them for being weird > years later whatever social changes and shit that were hitting the outcasts first catches up to normies.

Im like just old enough to see the tail end of this with videogames becoming a normie mainstream hobby, and now i guess anime is following suit.

Internet culture become the mainstream. Anime is part of it. Ive seen recently gun channels using terms like "gigachad" and "based" and "MosinPilled"
Tf mosinpilled
:lul::lul::lul:

because normshits discovered it.

It's fucking bizarre. Everything I like gets popular and mainstream, therefore attracting monkeys. Why? Why is it always like this? Why can't I find something good that stays underground?

Black people are watching it,its now very popular amongst normies. Even rappers mention references to anime in their songs. Remember it was seen as a nerdy thing to do. Why is it so popular in NT media nowadays?
THOSE FUCKING JEWS

It's fucking bizarre. Everything I like gets popular and mainstream, therefore attracting monkeys. Why? Why is it always like this? Why can't I find something good that stays underground?
Kill all the dumb white blonde boys in videogame for freedom

Black people are watching it
I don't know why this is surprising to you lol

Like half of the entire DBZ fanbase is black, it's been like that for a very long time

Nerds and weebs being ahead of their time. This cultural pattern keeps on repeating: Nerds/outcasts create some unique art form or media > normies shit on them for being weird > years later whatever social changes and shit that were hitting the outcasts first catches up to normies.

Im like just old enough to see the tail end of this with videogames becoming a normie mainstream hobby, and now i guess anime is following suit.
Wow holy shit! I always thought this. This is so fucking true. Holy shit,us inkwells/failed normies are the true artists. We're more creative and amazing. Because of social isolation. We are forced to be creative. Since creativity can be caused by insanity. Insanity caused by lack of social connection.

I feel it was Attack of Titan in the recent years that brought more normies into the anime scene. it's now quirky (in the normie sense) and cool to watch anime n openly talk abt it these days jfl

Meh anime has been infested by normalfags pretty much since its inception, especially in the 2000s. The difference is they only watch the most popular dubbed ones that everyone else is watching like Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, now AoT... only reason it seems more popular now is that am*rican media is such trash that there's no competition for normalfags' attention. If you're worried about it just read manga, it will never risk catering to westoids, and has way more quality stuff anyway.

Good things attract people, it's normal.

Yes, some normies are watching anime, but you still will be looked at as a creep if you are incel and watch it. I don't think anime is very NT even today, in my experience you still can't walk around a rural town with your anime gear on without catching trouble. Same thing in the hood, you will probably by robbed by Tyrone if he see you with anime gear on.

I'm not in school though, I am only looking at adult reactions. Maybe it is different for people in school but when I was in school well....you just didn't admit openly to watching anime. In fact even on this very forum being a weeb (or as I like to say occidental otaku :feelzez:) is seen as a negative so I have a hard time believing it has totally become normal and acceptable to be into it.

You niggas are complaining about blacks while im complaining about foids.

It depends where you are. Almost no one watches anime where I live, people like that get bullied here

Everyone knows very well who runs the media and the internet to allow such a big emphasis on anime :feelsaww:

American tv shows have hit rock bottom and are so bad, normies now watch kdramas and anime.

Anime is the only thing that still somewhat appeals to males besides video games. There is zero American media where romance is from the perspective of the guy for example. You have to watch anime for that. Or the guy becomes a strong hero who gets the girl. Only in anime nowadays. Sadly they are ruining it like they ruin everything else.

Yes, some normies are watching anime, but you still will be looked at as a creep if you are incel and watch it. I don't think anime is very NT even today, in my experience you still can't walk around a rural town with your anime gear on without catching trouble. Same thing in the hood, you will probably by robbed by Tyrone if he see you with anime gear on.

I'm not in school though, I am only looking at adult reactions. Maybe it is different for people in school but when I was in school well....you just didn't admit openly to watching anime. In fact even on this very forum being a weeb (or as I like to say occidental otaku :feelzez:) is seen as a negative so I have a hard time believing it has totally become normal and acceptable to be into it.
I live in a southern town and every other kid is wearing a naruto or attack on titan hoodie, especially black people. failure of a post

I live in a southern town and every other kid is wearing a naruto or attack on titan hoodie, especially black people. failure of a post
I live in a conservative town and no one wears anime gear in public. Failure of a post.

I live in a conservative town and no one wears anime gear in public. Failure of a post.
yes I'm sure you don't see many people on the street with anime characters on their clothing but in high school and college thats all you see so saying it's not socially acceptable is wrong
literally heard a group of football players conversing about attack on titan theories

yes I'm sure you don't see many people on the street with anime characters on their clothing but in high school and college thats all you see so saying it's not socially acceptable is wrong
literally heard a group of football players conversing about attack on titan theories
my point of reference is the workplace so I admit OP may have a point as far as a school setting goes. As an adult in the workforce though vast majority of people will cringe if you sit there and say you binge watch anime for 8 hours on the weekend.

Maybe it's different from a adult POV since you grew up in a slightly earlier time. Me as a youngcel,I see black thugmaxxers pretend they are into anime for the sake of looking quirky. It was very awkward watching them talk about it. Because I could tell they didn't know what they were on about:feelshaha:

So what do you think is next up in this pattern? We've already gotten anime and video games popular. We've already gotten terms like 'chad' popular too. You ever wonder what could be next?

1. Eastern media has gotten more popular in the West due to the proliferation of the Internet. Orientalism never died, it just got another form. Westerners have always been fascinated by Asian culture. Although the fact that millenial childhood were formed by Japanese products (Nintendo, Pokemon, etc.) is also a huge part of it.

2. Anime innately appeals to normalfag minds due to it being fast-paced, not requiring long attention spans or reading lots of text and (usually) having lots of fanservice. The first two are why manga, visual novels and light novels have remained relatively niche compared to anime despite often having the same kinds of artstyles, tropes, character writing, etc.