Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious A book incels might enjoy

zangano1

zangano1

incel
★★★★★
Grendel by John Gardner. I read it a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. Its a take on the Beowulf story but from the point of view of Grendel.
It has a lot of philosopycal implicatioins and we get to see how the monster feels about his relationship with men and being seen as a monster.
I think incels might enjoy it because we are in a similar position as Grendel is with society.

I dont remember everything tbh, I wanted to discuss with 4chan after I finished to see if I understood everything but no one replied to my threads.

Grendell

I see; a quite obvious allusion to the truecel in the modern world, and his experiences with most resulting from negative characteristics instantly being ascribed to them... :feelshehe:

I forgot; what represents the "Chad" or otherwise the person in a starkly opposite reality than the truecel in the story? :feelswhere:

I see; a quite obvious allusion to the truecel in the modern world, and his experiences with most resulting from negative characteristics instantly being ascribed to them... :feelshehe:

I forgot; what represents the "Chad" or otherwise the person in a starkly opposite reality than the truecel in the story? :feelswhere:
Grendel is pretty Chad sometimes tbh, he is indestructible and humilliates a guy several times. Beowulf could be seen as the chad I gues. I dont remember.

Sounds like an interesting read. I like alternate takes to already existing stories and one that's been written from the perspective of a villain sounds even more interesting. Thanks for the recommendation. I will add it to my list.