Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Adults are so different to teens

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I almost tagged this "Theory" in a playful way because... it's sort of obvious isn't it really XD

"Hey I think kids are different to adults!" hehe

But I think I underestimate HOW different adults are to teens. When I was a teenager I had a lot of friends and a very good social life, especially towards the end of my teens. But as an adult I really struggle.

I used to think the reason was largely due to just not getting out there enough, and while of course the more you do that the higher your chances, it doesn't stop you feeling rejected and so on when the majority of people consider you to be too different to connect with.

I really don't hide THAT much. But I think my personality is just more like that of a late teen.

I just wanted to share that I guess. idk what people think about it. Sorry if this post was a bit long and a bit personal >.<

The older you are the harder it is to integrate into society.

I find most teenagers insufferable honestly. I think there’s a major mental gap between an 18-year-old and a 21-year-old and I don’t know WHAT it is exactly but I can sense it lol.

When I was a teenager I had a lot of friends and a very good social life, especially towards the end of my teens.
I don't think I can relate to this

i do not wish to ever become an adult.

I've never had any friends. There were only acquaintances to laugh with. They laughed at me most of the time. Sometimes the jokes weren't offensive, and sometimes I resented them because they laughed at my appearance. I didn't really like it, but I was comforted that at least I wasn't alone

I find most teenagers insufferable honestly. I think there’s a major mental gap between an 18-year-old and a 21-year-old and I don’t know WHAT it is exactly but I can sense it lol.

It is changes in the prefrontal cortex >.<

i do not wish to ever become an adult.

Wise, lol

Never had a friend IRL my whole life

I almost tagged this "Theory" in a playful way because... it's sort of obvious isn't it really XD

"Hey I think kids are different to adults!" hehe

But I think I underestimate HOW different adults are to teens. When I was a teenager I had a lot of friends and a very good social life, especially towards the end of my teens. But as an adult I really struggle.

I used to think the reason was largely due to just not getting out there enough, and while of course the more you do that the higher your chances, it doesn't stop you feeling rejected and so on when the majority of people consider you to be too different to connect with.

I really don't hide THAT much. But I think my personality is just more like that of a late teen.

I just wanted to share that I guess. idk what people think about it. Sorry if this post was a bit long and a bit personal >.<
I wish so badly I could go back in time to when I was a teen and start my life over again. I would make such different choices :feelsbadman::feelscry:

I'm not convinced that that's true. I think certain groups are just more welcoming than others.

Mogs me for having giga active social life during teen years

I have noticed that many users here seem to have loads of attributes associated with teenagers and thus I think that so many here struggle with social situations with their peers as the peers moved on from this teenage mindset but some of us simply didn't

It's basically the same as how social situation between seniors and yourself have always not really been natural and so on
or maybe that's just my viewpoint
idk

If you don't fit in society by age 22, you are basically going to be an outcast for the rest of your life. This is something that took a while for me to wrap my head around. But no as an adult. I am happy to not have any friends and hopefully. I will pass away soon and be long and forgotten.

If you don't fit in society by age 22, you are basically going to be an outcast for the rest of your life. This is something that took a while for me to wrap my head around. But no as an adult. I am happy to not have any friends and hopefully. I will pass away soon and be long and forgotten.
Eh 22 is generous it’s closer to 20

Eh 22 is generous it’s closer to 20
Pretty much around that area. I was just using twenty two as the maximum. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing at that age. I was such a clutz. Now that I'm in my 30s. I can reflect on the mistakes. I made in my 20s and try to go about a better life. But all around it just decayed. I'm just going to LDAR and try to enjoy my few pleasures I can get access to in life.

I have noticed that many users here seem to have loads of attributes associated with teenagers and thus I think that so many here struggle with social situations with their peers as the peers moved on from this teenage mindset but some of us simply didn't

It's basically the same as how social situation between seniors and yourself have always not really been natural and so on
or maybe that's just my viewpoint
idk

I don't believe that any kind of other major change happens in the brain between adulthood and your elderly years, but I'm not sure.

I do agree that people change between those ages though. Odd.

And yeah pretty much all my teenage friends grew apart from me. My best understanding is that it's due to me having "ADHD" which stopped my mind from changing as much.

The prefrontal cortex actually finishes developing by 25.

I mean, theoretically you might find that you fit in better with people AFTER that age, because surely aren't you being given another chance? lol

The prefrontal cortex actually finishes developing by 25.

I mean, theoretically you might find that you fit in better with people AFTER that age, because surely aren't you being given another chance? lol
Yes, in society becomes a lot more unforgiving. To you when you get older. The only thing you have is wisdom and virtue. Realizing you're not going to fit in society in the first place. So why, you've been trying?