Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious advice on quitting smoking ?

zerozerozero

zerozerozero

PSALM 137:8
★★★★★
im quitting smoking for the third time this week and havent been able to get past the three day mark

What do you feel when you want to smoke?

im quitting smoking for the third time this week and havent been able to get past the three day mark
For me i just quit, I ignore the cravings.

It's cause you're trying to do it cold turkey. You have to slowly ween yourself off it. How many cigs you go through a day?

Just change to chewing or something where the route of administration is less harmful

around 15-20
Bring it down to like 13-15 a day for the next 2 weeks. After that, like 11-13, just bringing down the cigarettes per day by 2, every 2 weeks.

sort of like an anxiety that is reasonably mild but constant and nagging
so you smoke to make that go away?

Bring it down to like 13-15 a day for the next 2 weeks. After that, like 11-13, just bringing down the cigarettes per day by 2, every 2 weeks.
Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe bring it down slower than that. He can do 14 this week, 13 next week, etc. It would slowly kill the craving

I just switched to vaping. I think I’m way too addicted to nicotine to quit cold turkey

Watch some cancer videos on Youtube.

I'm trying to start

Gradual change like this sounds like the way to go for cutting addictions and reducing the intensity of withdrawl.

>throw your cigs on the trash
>never buy again
>???
>profit
Thank me later